ADVERTISEMENT

6’6” Eseosa Imagidon commits to UofL

Bardman

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
So, a quick check tells me she is Nigerian. Played in Charlotte, NC for the last 2.5 years. Strong academics. I was hoping he raw basketball skills would be offset by athleticism. However, the clips I saw, unfortunately, do not tell me this. She is pretty raw and didn’t wow me athletically. She appears to be a project. Hopefully she can help in practice. I am not sure after that.

The video I saw of her she looked pretty good and 6’6” is like having speed. It is an asset that not everyone else is blessed to have. I like this pickup. Now surround her with good guards and strong power forwards.

She’s actually 6’5” but who’s counting! She didn’t start playing basketball until 9th grade so she’s obviously behind. The plan is to redshirt her and hopefully develop her. She’s the only freshman in this class. Other offers included UK and Iowa among others.

She’s actually 6’5” but who’s counting! She didn’t start playing basketball until 9th grade so she’s obviously behind. The plan is to redshirt her and hopefully develop her. She’s the only freshman in this class. Other offers included UK and Iowa among others.
Sorry don't need a big that we plan to redshirt. I think we need other options than Olivia.

Sorry don't need a big that we plan to redshirt. I think we need other options than Olivia.
Well people bitch that we didn’t have a single freshman for this class then we get one and she’s a big that needs a red shirt. We also have HVS who is 6’3” to go along with Olivia plus if you look at who we’ve signed, we got several in the 6’-6’2” range. Some people just aren’t happy regardless of what this staff does. I hate to break it to you, but all they do is win!

I don’t mind the addition. I agree that it doesn’t appear she’d help much this year. That is ok. She can help in practices.

I see absolutely no down side to this signing; CJW is not going to waste a scholarship, and any Women’s HS basketball player that is 6’6” (or 6’5”) tall and receives an offer from Iowa is worthy of our attention.

When Liz arrived here, she was a project as well, but she improved over time and definitely contributed.

Well people bitch that we didn’t have a single freshman for this class then we get one and she’s a big that needs a red shirt. We also have HVS who is 6’3” to go along with Olivia plus if you look at who we’ve signed, we got several in the 6’-6’2” range. Some people just aren’t happy regardless of what this staff does. I hate to break it to you, but all they do is win!
I don't disagree but they didn't replace Engstler last year and apparently won't this year...

Josie Williams had size but she wasn't the answer.

Reactions: rh62531
Still a spot open. Let’s see what the staff comes up with.

Not sure if he’s sticking to his guns, but Walz has said recently that the days are over where he routinely hands out 15 scholarships. So the concepts of “spot open” and “wasting a scholarship” may be passé…

Last edited:
I think he would use the scholarship if someone useful came along but he won’t waste it just to have numbers.

I have yet to see any official announcement that she has been offered or has committed.

I haven’t seen any official announcement from Louisville yet but you can google her name and find out that she has committed. I also saw a few days ago that Louisville was in talks with a guard in the transfer portal from sUcK. She wants to leave big blew and there is mutual interest with her and Louisville. However I haven’t heard anything recently so I don’t know whether it is a done deal or not.

Was about to ask the same thing re: UK transfer. Sounded very positive but have not heard anything.

The sUcK player in question is Kennedy Cambridge she was ranked the 52nd best player out of high school. Her sister is considered to be one of the top players in the country in the class of 2024.

The sUcK player in question is Kennedy Cambridge she was ranked the 52nd best player out of high school. Her sister is considered to be one of the top players in the country in the class of 2024.
Going to Ohio St 🤮🤮

We need a true big, it’s the piece of the puzzle we’re missing. Sure it’s good we got a 6’5” freshman player and it will be good for 24-25 season, if she develops, but we still don’t have the big for now, unless we’ve gotten one in the portal I missed. And 6’3” ain’t big.
Walz just hasn’t had the luck getting one, and I just don’t get why.

I guess the real question is how to define “big”, particularly in terms of how that translates into effectiveness on the floor. I would refer you to Emily Engstler, at just 6’1” tall, she averaged 9.4 rebounds a game in ACC games during her senior season. She defended most effectively at the 5, despite being a true 3.

There were games last season where 6’3” Olivia Cochran was dominant inside; there were also games where she was invisible. Liz Dixon at 6’5” was both tall and athletic, but just not as talented as Kitley. Take Miami for example, the team that went to the Final 4; started 3 players under 6’ tall and only 1 player taller than 6’1” ….. a 6’4” Pendande who only averaged 8 points and 4 rebounds per game.

CJW‘s teams at UL have long been recognized as “fast paced, up and down the court teams“, which is not necessary consistent with what most “big women’s basketball players”feel comfortable in.

LSU didn’t have anybody over 6’3” but almost everybody on their team was between 6’1” and 6’3”. I like the team CJW has put together it has size and experience. The 6’6” freshmen coming in is a bonus if she develops. When I watched Cardoza the 6’7” center at USC she is not athletic but she gets the job done because of her size.

Reactions: 2330859
It’s about defense… CJW wants his players to be able to switch on defense. And he’s more comfortable switching small players.

Cochran does a pretty good job on a perimeter player when she switches. I think he’s been less comfortable when other post players make that switch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT