ADVERTISEMENT

40th Anniversary of 1980 National Title rebroadcast.

Thanks for the heads up. DVR set. Watched this game in a dorm as a freshman at UK at the time. Go Cards!!!

Loved the fact that our guards never “walked” the ball up the court and always pushed it up court. Outlet passes by Wiley and Rodney were a thing of beauty. Didn’t realize that Crum used the zone press as much as we did. I thought that was more of a Pitino thing.

Loved the fact that our guards never “walked” the ball up the court and always pushed it up court. Outlet passes by Wiley and Rodney were a thing of beauty. Didn’t realize that Crum used the zone press as much as we did. I thought that was more of a Pitino thing.
Did not remember how much WIley contributed to the game. Derrick had a hard time getting started. Unbelievable how young we were.

Still remember when the team bus drove onto campus around 1 or 2 am. Hundreds were out and started climbing on top of the bus in front of Crawford Gym. Marty Pullman was inside the bus holding up the roof which was beginning to cave in. The campus police finally got everyone off the bus and it went to a hotel near the airport where the team spent the night.
Hard to believe it’s been 40 years.

One glaring thing thing still hasn't changed U of L still not a media broadcaster favorite . Did you notice how one sided the the replays were 90 percent of UCLA only.

Reactions: PHCARD
Tough for me to say considering his recent attitude towards U of L, but the guy who came up really big was Eaves. He made two key baskets when it seemed no one wanted to take the shot. He also made a big defensive play on Vanderweghe.

Those last 4 minutes every player that Crum inserted into that game made key plays at promptu moments whether it was two big shots by Eaves, key rebounds by Rodney,Smith and Wiley to Griff handling the ball and taking over . Roger with a couple of defensive plays that deflection was big . Was just a thing of beauty watching Crum orchestrate at the end.

Really hate he lost the passion in his later years .

Still remember when the team bus drove onto campus around 1 or 2 am. Hundreds were out and started climbing on top of the bus in front of Crawford Gym. Marty Pullman was inside the bus holding up the roof which was beginning to cave in. The campus police finally got everyone off the bus and it went to a hotel near the airport where the team spent the night.
Hard to believe it’s been 40 years.
I was there. The thing I remember most were people sliding down the roof of the Red Barn like it was a sliding board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT