ADVERTISEMENT

As crazy, funny and even sad as it may sound, I’m sticking with 12 to 18 wins for this team.

Says more about how far the Cards have fallen but this team is going to win at least 12 games.

As crazy, funny and even sad as it may sound, I’m sticking with 12 to 18 wins for this team.

Says more about how far the Cards have fallen but this team is going to win at least 12 games.
I like your faith. I’m just not sure what you’re basing it on.

Could be. At this point, they're better than last year. Obviously not by leaps and bounds...
Yes, I agree. They are not leaps and bounds better than last year, but there are little subtle and somewhat seemingly minor things I'm (others I'm sure as well) noticing with this team. Couple that with what I've seen so far with other ACC teams and other teams for that matter... this team is going to get at least 12 wins - maybe more and should with this schedule.

This team is going to surprise us some games (Texas) and other times look blah... I think we are going to see them play better at times against better competition. Not all the time because they are still too inconsistent. This is not a shot at KP although it will come across that way... a solid coach gets this team to the tournament especially with this non-conference schedule.

I'm actually looking forward to the game against Virginia Tech.

Saw somewhere our strength of schedule is something like 332..
If, the rumors are correct about him being told that he’s have to go .500 to keep his job - that type of schedule - particularly early - would be the only way Payne could possibly do it.

Reactions: Cardiac Red

I am still sticking with my original prediction of 20 wins once NIT or whatever tournament we participate in are done. There are bright spots. Clark and Johnson have great upside. JJ is emerging in an expanded role. BHH is responding. They hit FTs. Rebounding is OK. The players are maturing. Still too many TOs and assists need to improve, but I see improvement.

None of this should be taken as an endorsement of KP and staff, of whom I have my doubts. The guys are learning to play together. At times. I trust them more than the coaches.

I am still sticking with my original prediction of 20 wins once NIT or whatever tournament we participate in are done. There are bright spots. Clark and Johnson have great upside. JJ is emerging in an expanded role. BHH is responding. They hit FTs. Rebounding is OK. The players are maturing. Still too many TOs and assists need to improve, but I see improvement.

None of this should be taken as an endorsement of KP and staff, of whom I have my doubts. The guys are learning to play together. At times. I trust them more than the coaches.
Bright spots and improvement for sure.

Guess he also didn't tell him we now have as many wins without that hack after 7 games as last year? $%#k holt and ellis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT