ADVERTISEMENT

4* Florida RB Colin Wilson commits to Louisville

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
I don't follow recruiting all that much, but this sounds like a pretty impressive 2017 class commit. This kid had offers from Alabma, Clemson, Florida, Florida St., Georgia, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, USC, and Wisconsin, among many others.

The Louisville football team landed arguably its best commitment in the 2017 recruiting class on Wednesday from four-star Florida running back Colin Wilson, who is rated the nation's No. 170 senior nationally by Rivals.com.

Wilson, a 6-foot, 205-pound play for Clay High School in Green Cove Springs, Fla., is ranked the No. 11 running back nationally by Rivals and chose the Cardinals from a list of power-house scholarship offers that included Notre Dame, Ohio State, Auburn, South Carolina, Tennessee and Wisconsin.

According to Rivals250 rankings, Wilson is the highest-ranked high school player to commit to U of L since Bobby Petrino was rehired as coach in 2014.

He is the Cards' 22nd pledge in the 2017 class, including the third four-star recruit, according to Rivals. Georgia receivers Justin Marshall and Corey Reed are the other four-star commitments.

Last edited:
Good.

Petrino has always been blessed with good backs while here at Louisville. Leroy Collins, Eric Shelton, Michael Bush, Kolby Smith, Anthony Allen etc.

Radcliff is good but I wouldn't classify him quite on the same level as some of their previous backs. Since Bobby's return, in my opinion they've had good running backs but not special running backs. He's still basically playing the Charlie Strong recruits at RB. I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the Petrino recruit RBs will be going into the future.

This is a good start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT