ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: 4/13 Cardinal football recruiting notes

MikeSinger

Mar 7, 2013
Clearwater, Florida
2016 JuCo offensive lineman Linwood Foy officially visited Louisville last week, received an offer from the Cards, and he tweeted out his verbal commitment to Louisville. National Signing Day was two months ago, so he could sign as apart of the 2016 class any day now, but he's waiting it out. He told me that he has a lot to think about and process. Missouri offered Foy last week and now Auburn is showing more interest. So while Louisville is the favorite to land Foy, his verbal commitment isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I'll have a full visitor list this week, but one recruit that will be in for the spring game on Saturday is defensive back TJ Jallow. Jallow was the first commit of Louisville's 2015 class, but grade issues sent Jallow to the junior college route. Upon receiving an offer from the Cards in February, he jumped on it with a commitment. The now 2017 prospect is slowly adding other offers, with Southern Miss, Memphis, Iowa State, UAB, UTSA, and Middle Tennessee having offered. When he was a high school recruit, Jallow had just the offer from the Cards. He's much more popular now.

The word last week was that linebacker Tadarrius Patterson and quarterback Malik Cunningham would visit for Louisville's spring scrimmage last Saturday, but they had to reschedule the visit for the spring game this weekend. I think that Louisville might benefit from the two Alabama prospects delaying their visit. The Cards' staff has continued to recruit them hard, and they might be even closer to committing this weekend then compared to last weekend. This is especially the case for Cunningham, who tweeted out that Louisville is the leader in his recruitment.

And a new offer..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News