ADVERTISEMENT

'21 Louisville FB Season Predictions

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007
Are ya ready for some football? High hopes from me and I'm going 8-4. We are getting out of this UofL funk.

Reactions: gocds
After last year's prediction I'm keeping my big mouth shut this year. I hope your teams has a very good year.

I thought about attaching last years prediction thread in here for sh*TS and giggles. I don’t believe it would stir any giggles though, just 🚽.

Reactions: rh62531
Always dangerous to do this but here goes:

Ole Miss (L)
Eastern KY (W)
UCF (W)
@Florida St (W)
@wake Forest (L)
Virginia (W)
Boston College (W)
@NC State (L)
Clemson (L)
Syracuse (W)
@Duke (W)
Kentucky (W)

8-4

Call me Homer.

Am I the only one worried about Central Florida? I don't follow them but it looks like they have their QB back from last year's Bowl team. They almost beat Cincinnati last season.

I hope we have a great year but I don't feel as confident as some fans. I'm hoping for a Bowl season but I'm setting my expectations at 3-5 wins so I'm not hugely disappointed. That way, if we do a lot better I'll be extremely happy.

Reactions: billoliver40
6-6 looks likely to me, but if Malik can stay healthy for an entire season (regrettably that is not likely), I could see 8-4. Most are discounting Hassan Hall, but when he was healthy he was equal to, or even a little ahead of Hawkins. The Ole Miss game will tell us a whole lot about our defense, and I will feel a lot better predicting our season after seeing that outcome.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
Am I the only one worried about Central Florida? I don't follow them but it looks like they have their QB back from last year's Bowl team. They almost beat Cincinnati last season.

I hope we have a great year but I don't feel as confident as some fans. I'm hoping for a Bowl season but I'm setting my expectations at 3-5 wins so I'm not hugely disappointed. That way, if we do a lot better I'm very worried about that UCF game right now .By not seeing our team this year and knowing what they have returning and coaching. I think its 60/40 lean UCF.

Am I the only one worried about Central Florida? I don't follow them but it looks like they have their QB back from last year's Bowl team. They almost beat Cincinnati last of teams this year.

I hope we have a great year but I don't feel as confident as some fans. I'm hoping for a Bowl season but I'm setting my expectations at 3-5 wins so I'm not hugely disappointed. That way, if we do a lot better I'll be extremely happy.

You’re definitely not wrong. UCF will be a handful and then some but I think our guys are going to surprise a couple of teams this year and having UCF at home is big.

This has to be the hardest Cardinal team to predict the season for that I can remember. Last season was just plain odd with our guys absolutely destroying FSU and Wake Forest, nearly upsetting Top 10 Notre Dame but looking lackluster and sloppy at other times.

We lost some key guys but I do believe we have a veteran Offensive Line, a respectable defense and I also think Jalen Mitchell could be a star at RB this year along with the speed of Hassan Hall to keep defenses guessing. We are in great shape at Tight End as long as Marshon Ford is on the field but I do really worry about the receiving corps. Really need someone to step up. Defensive line is also a big question mark. 8-4 should get Satterfield ACC COY again.

To me the schedule is no picnic with only 2 games that you could pencil in a win (EKU and Syracuse) 1 that should be a win (@Duke), 2 that look like losses (Clemson and @NC State), 2 that we’ll be hard pressed to pull out a win (Ole Miss and UCF) and 4 games that we are playing against teams that we are more evenly matched against (FSU, Wake Forest, Virginia and BC).

That leaves the rivalry game with UK and I think we the guys will be seriously ready for some payback. Whether that’s enough remains to be seen. I’d say Kentucky is another team that lost a lot and is similarly going to be hard to predict what they do this year although they should have some stockpiled depth that we don’t right now in most areas. I’ll say we beat them and Malik Cunningham is why.

It's so hard to make a prediction, because we do not know what style of play this team will be this season.

Scott came in and added his flavor, but he had to mix it in with the guys we already had on the roster. Bobby built a team that wanted explosive play. Fitz, Tutu, and Hawkins all gave us big play threats. Malik is a big play QB too. But, this isn't the offense or team Scott will be like going forward. Scott wants more balance and ball control.

We now have an offensive line that's decent and could be one of the better ones in the ACC. No longer are we the worst defense in power 5, we're average and that's good. But, the explosive players are gone. We need to see what Malik can do this year without guys that can go for a 30-50 yard gain on one play. Can he stay healthy? How will we score points? Who is the skill player that's our go to guy? Is the defense just an average unit or can they be a strength?

It comes down to "How will they win games?" And I mean beyond the "I believe so and so will be good because they play for us and I'm just saying their name based on hype" In 2019 & 2020, we knew that we had one of the best group of skill players in the nation. We just had to keep scoring and scoring because our defense was awful.

So what do we do in 2021?
I mean the line & defense are respectable again. But respectable doesn't mean they are strengths that can carry us to wins. We still aren't the biggest or most talented in those areas and our depth is a lot of of younger guys.

I love Marshon Ford, but is he a guy that can take over a Power 5 game like a Tutu or DeVante Parker or even show the talent of a Dez Fitzpatrick? Who is going to replace that production we lost? Will Mitchell and Hall be able to sustain the bulk of carries?

That's where it comes down to Malik. He started games in 2018, 2019, & 2020. It's year 4 and he's shown big play ability. He's also shown turnover ability and can be inaccurate at times. He's been injury prone, but we have a better line now. Did the skill guys carry him or can he be a game changer? When I look at the team, I think Malik is a good/solid QB, but he needs to be on the level of being able to carry this team. He needs to make the big throw or turn a RPO into a 30 yard gain.

Here's where I see our year going

Ole Miss - LOSS
EKU - WIN
UCF - WIN
at FSU - (TOSS-UP)
at WAKE - WIN
UVa - (TOSS-UP)
(BYE)
BC - (TOSS-UP)
at NC State - LOSS
Clemson - LOSS
Cuse - WIN
at Duke - WIN
Kentucky - LOSS

So I see
5 WINS
4 LOSSES
3 TOSS-UPS

Ceiling of 8-4 and a floor of 5-7.

The season will rest on this one stretch. We will probably lose to Ole Miss, but it's expected. Beat down on EKU. But then we're playing a short week against UCF, who is a quality team and we'll be their big game. You lose that game and then you risk going to FSU and losing, then you're 1-3 with Wake and UVa still to go before the bye.

But, you go into the bye at 5-1 and then have BC with the chance to go 6-1? Then you're feeling good about maybe having that 9 win season?

Central Florida will be a better balanced team than Ol Miss. They have stockpiled some talent and they upgraded about two levels with their coach.
They will be two handfuls of trouble.

cbs sports picks us to play in the second day of bowl games, dec 18, and uk on jan 1
6-6 or 7-5 to me will be fine.

We are going to have a lot of young guys and even just an average year means we are in good shape as these guys get older and Scott's recruits come in.

Reactions: Mayoman
It's so hard to make a prediction, because we do not know what style of play this team will be this season.

Scott came in and added his flavor, but he had to mix it in with the guys we already had on the roster. Bobby built a team that wanted explosive play. Fitz, Tutu, and Hawkins all gave us big play threats. Malik is a big play QB too. But, this isn't the offense or team Scott will be like going forward. Scott wants more balance and ball control.

We now have an offensive line that's decent and could be one of the better ones in the ACC. No longer are we the worst defense in power 5, we're average and that's good. But, the explosive players are gone. We need to see what Malik can do this year without guys that can go for a 30-50 yard gain on one play. Can he stay healthy? How will we score points? Who is the skill player that's our go to guy? Is the defense just an average unit or can they be a strength?

It comes down to "How will they win games?" And I mean beyond the "I believe so and so will be good because they play for us and I'm just saying their name based on hype" In 2019 & 2020, we knew that we had one of the best group of skill players in the nation. We just had to keep scoring and scoring because our defense was awful.

I mean the line & defense are respectable again. But respectable doesn't mean they are strengths that can carry us to wins. We still aren't the biggest or most talented in those areas and our depth is a lot of of younger guys.

I love Marshon Ford, but is he a guy that can take over a Power 5 game like a Tutu or DeVante Parker or even show the talent of a Dez Fitzpatrick? Who is going to replace that production we lost? Will Mitchell and Hall be able to sustain the bulk of carries?

That's where it comes down to Malik. He started games in 2018, 2019, & 2020. It's year 4 and he's shown big play ability. He's also shown turnover ability and can be inaccurate at times. He's been injury prone, but we have a better line now. Did the skill guys carry him or can he be a game changer? When I look at the team, I think Malik is a good/solid QB, but he needs to be on the level of being able to carry this team. He needs to make the big throw or turn a RPO into a 30 yard gain.

Ole Miss - LOSS
EKU - WIN
UCF - WIN
at FSU - (TOSS-UP)
at WAKE - WIN
UVa - (TOSS-UP)
(BYE)
BC - (TOSS-UP)
at NC State - LOSS
Clemson - LOSS
Cuse - WIN
at Duke - WIN
Kentucky - LOSS

So I see
5 WINS
4 LOSSES
3 TOSS-UPS

The season will rest on this one stretch. We will probably lose to Ole Miss, but it's expected. Beat down on EKU. But then we're playing a short week against UCF, who is a quality team and we'll be their big game. You lose that game and then you risk going to FSU and losing, then you're 1-3 with Wake and UVa still to go before the bye.

But, you go into the bye at 5-1 and then have BC with the chance to go 6-1? Then you're feeling good about maybe having that 9 win season?

Yeah, I got hung up on Va & BC games and split it after fretting for some time.

Reactions: Mayoman
Central Florida will be a better balanced team than Ol Miss. They have stockpiled some talent and they upgraded about two levels with their coach.
They will be two handfuls of trouble.

I read where your coach got his DUI amended to just a speeding ticket? There’s a Northern Kentucky judge that will have good basketball tickets.

I read where your coach got his DUI amended to just a speeding ticket? There’s a Northern Kentucky judge that will have good basketball tickets.
Lol....you found out before I read it anywhere. I dont know...could be. I would juuuuuuuuust about bet that if the passing game doesnt improve about say....750%, UK will be looking for another wr coach post season.

As far as the basketball ticket bribe, that doesnt carry near the weight as it used to.
Rifle team tickets or volleyball maybe.

Hopefully Porky learned his lesson and doesn’t kill someone.
Wrong coach....the DUI would have been Bouknight....I tend to think that stop de-volved into an accusation of profiling and "chain of custody" questions.

Then again, coulda been the tickets thing. We have had just about 0 luck in wr coaches.....primarily because 1)running back coach as OC 2) spending more time teaching receivers to block, and 3)head coach that built his rep on defense and didnt care a whole lot about passing.

Reports say BK was a darn good linebacker in college and started his career as a linebacker coach. Today his reputation is QB whisperer and offensive mind coach, But he knows defense too. Well rounded coaches make the best head coaches. You have to excel all over the field and UK's coach just doesn't cut the mustard. He'll be at UK for decades and "wait 'til next year," will be their cry for decades.

Reactions: gocds
Yeah, I got hung up on Va & BC games and split it after fretting for some time.
The BC game will be big because it's at home off the bye.

BC is SOLID. Well coached and talented. 9 returning defensive starters and all 5 on the oline and their QB. They always play good defense, so it will be a fight. So it will be about record, are we a 4-2 team that's going to have a hyped fanbase coming off a bye? If we a 3-3 team, are we a solid 3-3 team that needs a big win to finish or are we a 3-3 team that has really looked bad? That's going to be where our team and fans show where the season can go. The young guys getting the bye and the stretch run will be interesting to watch.

I just googled it and he did the smartest thing ever, never ever ever ever ever consent to a breathalyzer test if you want to avoid a big charge. A good lawyer can get it tossed easy if you don't take the test.

That said, that's a joke that he's still employed. He could've killed someone.

Ole Miss - LOSS
EKU - WIN
UCF - WIN
at FSU - (TOSS-UP)
at WAKE - WIN
UVa - (TOSS-UP)
(BYE)
BC - (TOSS-UP)
at NC State - LOSS
Clemson - LOSS
Cuse - WIN
at Duke - WIN
Kentucky - LOSS

So I see
5 WINS
4 LOSSES
3 TOSS-UPS

Switch NC st to toss up, FSU to win, and UCF to toss up. could potentially count Virginia as a W too in my eyes. I don't get all of the hype surrounding FSU though. they lost their 2 best defensive players to the league so an already awful defense will likely be terrible again, also the word in their camp from what ive seen is Travis is competing for QB1 with Milton which is all I needed to hear. One of the most overhyped teams in the country because of a transfer QB who hasn't seen the field in 2 years.

ND will expose FSU under the Sunday night stars on national television. I'm excited about Freeman and what he can do with the Irish Defense. The defensive players already love him and his high speed defense.

I’d say Kentucky is another team that lost a lot and is similarly going to be hard to predict what they do this year although they should have some stockpiled depth that we don’t right now in most areas. I’ll say we beat them and Malik Cunningham is why.

FYI Actually Kentucky had lots of seniors but 8 used the Covid year to return. So ended up returning 14 starters. Replacements include transfers that were the starting left tackle from LSU including the national title team, Wandel Robinson who was good at Nebraska and a MLB who was the leading tackler from Ole Miss. No real holes and lots of experience some have predicted 2nd in SEC East and nobody has lower than 3rd. Just giving you an idea what to expect it is the best UK since the 10 win team.

Last edited:
UKs questions are edge rush, MLB, new offensive sets with a new OL coach and new OC.
As far as talent, it's there with a couple big question marks at MLB and center. Levis doesnt have to be Joe Burrow, but needs to be more consistent than Terry Wilson. For all the hype, this team is built to run and grind.
REALLY great schedule. Should be 8 wins, and good shot at more.
Now what really happens??????
We find out.

FYI Actually Kentucky had lots of seniors but 8 used the Covid year to return. So ended up returning 14 starters. Replacements include transfers that were the starting left tackle from LSU including the national title team, Wandel Robinson who was good at Nebraska and a MLB who was the leading tackler from Ole Miss. No real holes and lots of experience some have predicted 2nd in SEC East and nobody has lower than 3rd. Just giving you an idea what to expect it is the best UK since the 10 win team.

If he was the starting left tackle for LSU, why did he leave them for Kentucky? Did he get into trouble?

UKs questions are edge rush, MLB, new offensive sets with a new OL coach and new OC.
As far as talent, it's there with a couple big question marks at MLB and center. Levis doesnt have to be Joe Burrow, but needs to be more consistent than Terry Wilson. For all the hype, this team is built to run and grind.
We find out.
To be fair, if you all just have an AVERAGE passing game, you all can be pretty decent. Not top 10 or SEC Champs, but a solid team. But also to be fair, I'll believe a Stoops team has a good passing offense when you all can prove it. Probably better than us due to just a talent gap, but being better than us isn't really anything to write home about until Scott gets the roster where he wants.

But your team has done well with offensive line, running backs, and linebacker development over Fat Boy's tenure. The size and talent is respectable. Now the behavior, class, and use of the forward pass is another sad story for the blewnecks

If he was the starting left tackle for LSU, why did he leave them for Kentucky? Did he get into trouble?
I dont think anyone knows exactly what happened. He had started some games during Burrows run. The big guy said he needed a new place and a chance to get away from some things and get better all around. Says all the right things. Orgeron said he tried to get him to stay at LSU.
Tricky thing is he was a LT....and Kinnard said he came back to UK to show he could play that spot.

I dont think anyone knows exactly what happened. He had started some games during Burrows run. The big guy said he needed a new place and a chance to get away from some things and get better all around. Says all the right things. Orgeron said he tried to get him to stay at LSU.
Tricky thing is he was a LT....and Kinnard said he came back to UK to show he could play that spot.
I can believe that as I've been in Louisiana a lot and Baton Rouge is well, a rough place. If the NCAA spent 2 seconds down there, LSU would get the death penalty. But they are scared of $$$ and goin down to da ole swamp land.

He’s starting at LT now and Kinnard agreed to move back to right tackle

We find out.
There was a late transfer Jones from Ole Miss that filled the need at MLB he started last two years and led them in tackles. Might not be a NFL talent but solid at worst.

There was a late transfer Jones from Ole Miss that filled the need at MLB he started last two years and led them in tackles. Might not be a NFL talent but solid at worst.
Someone said he reminded of Kash Daniel's. If he plays that way I'm okay.

Always dangerous to do this but here goes:

Ole Miss (L)
Eastern KY (W)
UCF (W)
@Florida St (W)
@wake Forest (L)
Virginia (W)
Boston College (W)
@NC State (L)
Clemson (L)
Syracuse (W)
@Duke (W)
Kentucky (W)

8-4

Call me Homer.

Ole Miss 38
Cards. 24

Cards 44
EKU. 10

Cards 34
UCF 31

Cards 27
FSU 23

Cards 42
Wake. 27

Cards 24
Virginia 20

Boston College 30
Cards 26

Cards 32
NC State 21

Clemson 27
Cards 20

Cards 42
Syracuse 17

Cards 38
Duke 14

Cards 34
UK 29

9 and 3

Of course this assumes no cancelations or additions to the schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT