ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING: 2022 class update

Dave Lackford

6000+
Staff
Jan 14, 2014
Well, Jaylon White just committed to Ole Miss. So that's not good. I reached out Monday to see if there was any word and I was told that all focus is on FSU. Which I think is good for fans in general but not recruitniks. I asked about that Mekhi Wall kid last week and got the vibe they're looking to add a JUCO or Transfer receiver. I was also told by a source familiar with the program that they are looking to take two corners this year. There is a 6-3, 180-pound kid from PRP named Elijah Reed who is making some noise but he trains with CV so who knows if Louisville will bite. Reed holds a commitable offer from Kentucky. If I had to bet money I would wager they want to go JUCO/transfer with those two slots as well.

I still don't think Selah Brown is a take. Honestly, I don't know if he's a take anywhere to be honest, perhaps Illinois. I have a source at Northwestern who doesn't think he's a take there. Brown is about 6-foot-1, 270-pounds, and hasn't really been dominant on film or showed a huge jump from last year to this year.

The numbers are small this year, at least right now. Remember that Satterfield gave me a ballpark figure of 10-12 scholarships for '22 additions and that includes transfers. He did say, however, that no team in the country really knows what their numbers are going to look like after the season when current players hit the portal. Satterfield doesn't seem inclined to over-sign high school kids so until spots open up due to the portal and other means of attrition, I would expect that 10-12 number to be the watermark through the December signing period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News