ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Opponents - Toughest to Easiest

fredburgcard

Three-Star Poster
Mar 5, 2002
Loveland Ohio
Way too early but here is my best guess taking into account where the game is being played:

TOUGHEST
at Clemson
at Houston
Florida State
N.C. State
Duke
at Virginia
at Marshall
at Boston College
at Syracuse
Kentucky
Wake Forest
Charlotte
EASIEST

Might bump up the Cuse and Marshall games a little...

Way too early but here is my best guess taking into account where the game is being played:

TOUGHEST
at Clemson
at Houston
Florida State
N.C. State
Duke
at Virginia
at Marshall
at Boston College
at Syracuse
Kentucky
Wake Forest
Charlotte
EASIEST

LPT is our weakest opponent, almost like a D2 team

Close. But Charlotte is our weakest opponent. That's where my wife went to school so I have to be nice. I took her to the UK-Charlotte game this year and had to endure the kitties pounding on them. Luckily it started snowing so we left in the 3rd quarter.

I hate these things.

It seems to never fail that we lose to a team that we experts think is a "weak" opponent, who turns out not to be weak, every time.

Last year it was Houston. This year it could be Marshall. They are very tough at home.

Reactions: Guardman
I hate these things.

It seems to never fail that we lose to a team that we experts think is a "weak" opponent, who turns out not to be weak, every time.

Last year it was Houston. This year it could be Marshall. They are very tough at home.

Yup and that game is sandwiched between Florida State and Clemson...classic trap game plus they are very good.

I hate these things.

Most teams lose a game they probably should have won. Alabama got clobbered by Ole Miss last year. Both of the last two seasons the Cards came close to beating Clemson. I don't think anyone here would argue the Cards were on par with Clemson. I didn't think Houston would be as good as they were last season. Now I think they're our second toughest game next year. Looking back at the Houston game last season the Cards didn't play particularly badly. They just got beat by a better team who saw the Louisville game as one of their most important. They will have the same mindset next year. However, the Cards will also go into that game considering it to be one of the make-or-break games of the season.

I only see one certain win next season - Charlotte. I would be absolutely shocked if Louisville lost at home to Wake or to the self-proclaimed University of Kentucky. But in every other game this coming year the Cards could get beat and I wouldn't be that surprised.

But, and this is important, there isn't one game on the schedule where I would be shocked if Louisville won. I'll bet the folks in Lexington would love to be able to say that.

My top Four teams are:
at Clemson
Florida State
at Houston
The next Four teams are even:
at Virginia
at Marshall - small man attitude, they have circled this game.
N.C. State
at Syracuse
The remaining teams are who we think they are!
Duke
at Boston College
Kentucky
Wake Forest
Charlotte

My top Four teams are:
at Clemson
Florida State
at Houston
The next Four teams are even:
at Virginia
at Marshall - small man attitude, they have circled this game.
N.C. State
at Syracuse
The remaining teams are who we think they are!
Duke
at Boston College
Kentucky
Wake Forest
Charlotte
I agree with your post except for Duke. Duke is better than all but FSU, Clemson and Houston in your list. Duke has been a 9 win team or better for three straight years. And they are recruiting at a very high level. Duke isn't going anywhere.

I agree with your post except for Duke. Duke is better than all but FSU, Clemson and Houston in your list. Duke has been a 9 win team or better for three straight years. And they are recruiting at a very high level. Duke isn't going anywhere.
People sleep on David Cutcliffe at their own risk

LPT is stronger only than Charlotte. They would be a last place team in the ACC Costal, just like they are in the $EC East.

Marshall is going to be a tough game. I would circle Marshall as the upset special.

Kentucky will be a tough game against a not very good team. The reason the UK game will be tough is that anything can happen a bitter, hotly-contested rivalry game.

Except for the fact that Daytoncard can't count, Dayton's echelons are about right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT