ADVERTISEMENT

$10 million man?

I think Gruden would be an excellent hire. He hasn’t coached because he had young kids in school. Not sure if that’s still the case. He still has a lot of passion for football.

Gruden had a fantastic season with a different coach's players. Not sure he's much into player development. Can be pretty arrogant and abrasive.
Kinda the same thing Tennessee has now, except Jones has proved to be a solid recruiter.

I can't believe that Gruden would give up the cushy/well paid job he has to coach in college. I find it hard to believe that he would want to be out recruiting. If he were to return to coaching, it seems logical that it would be at the pro level.

Just curious cause know the answer, but does he really hold much cache for high school players anymore? He hasn't coached in almost a decade. I honestly don't even remember if he is considered an offensive or defensive coach.

Gruden rep as follows
Won with another coach's players
Not known for developing talent
Arrogant and abrasive
Took credit for player evaluation when that was MacKay
Team performance goes down quickly after initial boost.

Sounds like they could save ten million keeping the same guy in what they have....except Jones is a pretty good recruiter.

OTOH - 2 Super Bowls with 2 different teams. Would UT take that? They are so desperate for a winner they might pay 12 mil

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT