ADVERTISEMENT

1/12/22 LOUISVILLE VS NC STATE GAME THREAD - 9:00 PM ACCN

State is blowing by us & making layup after layup. What does the coaching staff teach these players in practice?

Reactions: shadow force
Dumpster fire 🔥 is official. This is going to get ugly. It may be the hoops version of the 2018 football team. I mean losing 10 out of the last 14 games kind of season. People quiting .

Makes a big difference when you have guards to penetrate. Worst all around team in UL history and I’ve seen some bad ones over the years. Just can’t dribble and non athletic. We do not have one thing we are good at on either side of the ball. I said earlier that Withers doesn’t need to see meaningful minutes anymore, well Sam Williamson is in the same category.

Reactions: CardsFirst
I am really disappointed in Mack. Thought he would do really good job here. UL should just tell ncaa give the verdict...

What I don't get are these players lack of awareness or their sense of urgency. It's really a huge mystery why everyone struggles so much. Why players can have a very good two game stretch then struggle mightily the next three games.

There's something going on.

Curry is the only player I've seen that has a IQ and a purpose. The remaining players all think they have a purpose but have little IQ to be successful.

A couple guys are better but most are really lacking.

What I don't get are these players lack of awareness or their sense of urgency. It's really a huge mystery why everyone struggles so much. Why players can have a very good two game stretch then struggle mightily the next three games.

There's something going on.
Looks like a team full of guys either not understanding what their role is or not accepting it.

I agree on the loose balls nobody goes after them they are waiting for someone else to do it.

Our offensive woes gives these teams confidence and when players feel confident, they make shots.

NC State is scoring at will. It's just doesn't make sense. I hate this defense with the switching and hedging. We're always out of position when they drive to the goal.

Mack doesn't adjust. He has to see that NC State knows how to attack it. We're not taking anything away from them. They haven't shot free throws because they're making open shots and finishing layups.

A perfect storm of ineptitude has fell upon the basketball team.

Reactions: Deeva
Noticed how Malik, Sam, Cross or Ellis didn't see the floor hardly at all in the 2nd half.

Mack hasn't lost the team. He never had it.

Reactions: Deeva
i missed the game but box score says starters were 4-19 and scored 11 points. that's a middle school stat line
StartersMINFG3PTFTOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
M. CrossF--1-20-10-0314000412
S. WilliamsonF--0-40-10-0123100100
M. WilliamsF--1-51-31-2033110114
E. EllisG--1-61-20-0011100103
J. WestG--1-20-10-0000210032
BenchMINFG3PTFTOREBDREBREBASTSTLBLKTOPFPTS
S. CurryF--10-130-02-428101000322
R. WheelerF--0-00-00-0011000000
J. WithersF--0-00-00-0000000100
D. DavisG--4-70-05-71452103413
N. LockeG--4-83-52-31343200213
M. FaulknerG--1-31-11-2000400214
TEAM23-506-1411-18923321550141563

Gentleman and if any ladies post here I wish you well the rest of the winter and season. I’m out. Just don’t see any light at the end of this tunnel. Pretty sad it’ll be three years in a row where I won’t be able to root on my team in the NCAA tournament. Hopefully some change in the off season and a ruling from NCAA soon to put all of that to rest. Feel like I’m re living the last three years of Denny’s tenure. Just bad basketball. Sad times. If something changes by March with this team and staff I’ll eat my words, but I believe that’ll be a long shot. Frustrating.

Gentleman and if any ladies post here I wish you well the rest of the winter and season. I’m out. Just don’t see any light at the end of this tunnel. Pretty sad it’ll be three years in a row where I won’t be able to root on my team in the NCAA tournament. Hopefully some change in the off season and a ruling from NCAA soon to put all of that to rest. Feel like I’m re living the last three years of Denny’s tenure. Just bad basketball. Sad times. If something changes by March with this team and staff I’ll eat my words, but I believe that’ll be a long shot. Frustrating.
Don’t blame you, but this is far worse than Denny’s last years. We at least knew Denny could coach.

Reactions: Mayoman
i can't blame anyone for not watching anymore. we're not going to the tourney.
we will have 2 losses to UVA, 2 to UNC, 1 Miami and 1 to Duke.

I almost posted the same thing. I am dropping my YouTube. I only got it to watch UL games. I am still upset with the technical fouls at the end of the Pitt game.

I hate to beat a dead horse but Mack has done a terrible job of evaluating players to play his system. There is a reason better players go off against them. This the least athletic team in the history of Louisville basketball. Think about that. Mack has built a team that is doesn’t play above the rim. On top of that their actual basketball skills are average to bad. If you bring these guys in you better develop them. Well that isn’t happening either. To top it off they don’t play well together. It is a terrible mix of players which is Mack’s fault.

Mack can’t evaluate/develop talent then he can’t coach at this level. Unfortunately he was the wrong hire at the time. This situation was going to expose bad coaching/player evaluation.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT