ADVERTISEMENT

1,000% coaching. It isn’t anything else.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
It’s not the “black cloud” over the program. That’s all over, done with.

It isn’t the talent gap. These guys are players.

It’s not anything else. Payne ****ing sucks.

If Heird won’t fire him, then that mother ****er needs to go. Got no time anymore. Burn it all down.

KP is incredibly arrogant when it comes to his basketball knowledge. I have no doubt he knows basketball but he doesn’t know how to run a program. I am sure his plan for the program was great but you have to have the right people to execute the plan. He didn’t bring people in on the staff that made him better. He only brought people in that were great players. They never built anything. It can work but it is high risk. The head coach has to be obsessed with details, he clearly isn’t.

After that disaster last year he made zero changes and doubled down by adding 2 assistants from inside.

Arrogance is great for some people but it has killed a ton of careers. For a really humble guy this arrogance is stunning to be honest.

Where are all the media people ? Why isn't someone getting in front of Josh Heird and asking him some tough questions like, what are the expectations for KP to survive for another year ? Who's paying the buyout ? etc.

Where are all the media people ? Why isn't someone getting in front of Josh Heird and asking him some tough questions like, what are the expectations for KP to survive for another year ? Who's paying the buyout ? etc.
All of the other media is scared to say anything. They're worried about their own interests not doing the job. This sounds like a job for Sully. He's old school and doesn't care about being that guy.

Reactions: rh62531
There are discussions occurring. What little I have heard he had to be over .500 to retain his job. However, the early schedule was built to get him to .500. If the early season results are awful a change may occur at mid season.

He will not survive with a losing record.

KP is incredibly arrogant when it comes to his basketball knowledge. I have no doubt he knows basketball but he doesn’t know how to run a program. I am sure his plan for the program was great but you have to have the right people to execute the plan. He didn’t bring people in on the staff that made him better. He only brought people in that were great players. They never built anything. It can work but it is high risk. The head coach has to be obsessed with details, he clearly isn’t.

After that disaster last year he made zero changes and doubled down by adding 2 assistants from inside.

Arrogance is great for some people but it has killed a ton of careers. For a really humble guy this arrogance is stunning to be honest.
I have extreme doubts he knows basketball

There are discussions occurring. What little I have heard he had to be over .500 to retain his job. However, the early schedule was built to get him to .500. If the early season results are awful a change may occur at mid season.

He will not survive with a losing record.
I would bet a month's pay this clown can't finish 500 or better.. That has to be clear to everyone. I hope the day after Kensucky beats us like a rag doll he gets axed..

Give KP time. He has to get his type of players on board and install his system.
What the hell? What system may that be? Time? What makes you think time would help?

There is nothing to suggest KP would ever succeed. Nothing! The man doesn't have any head coaching experience to work from. Everything is brand new to him as the head coach.

No one in their right mind can truly believe he will succeed. It's impossible. It's like a UPS driver suddenly becoming the CEO of UPS.

it's so bad that i went onto the courier journal online to check the trinity st x scores and nowhere on their entire front page did they even mention the cards were playing a game last night. hometown paper and not a mention that there was a game at home. sad

It's pretty obvious. I can see the O sets, just really bad execution...I can see the D sets, just really bad execution. He may know bball; but he can't teach the skills to execute. Where is the leverage point? Where are your eyes? The kids are frustrated, they are putting in the effort; they just don't have the instruction to win at this level.

Give KP time. He has to get his type of players on board and install his system.
5 - 29. This much time in it's obvious there is no system that makes sense. Name any decent or even mediocre coach that started off with a record like that losing to badly overmatched Div II and buy games . Only someone who is related to Payne or has some negative agenda would be saying such ludicrous things with NIL and the transfer portal available...or you're just a UK troll trying to stir sh*t up.

I would bet a month's pay this clown can't finish 500 or better.. That has to be clear to everyone. I hope the day after Kensucky beats us like a rag doll he gets axed..
I personally don’t like firing anyone mid season just doesn’t help. In the is case they may not have a choice.

I knew this was a high risk/reward kind of hire that is proving to high risk with no reward. With his so called network of connection he landed this staff and these players. That was the risk. That is part of reason he failed. He didn’t attract nor did his contacts attract people/players that would guarantee he was successful. It was the opposite.

Looking back when your best friend and the grandfather wouldn’t or didn’t land DJ and Bradshaw that was a red flag. When Smith couldn’t flip anyone to come in and the Flowers situation that was a red flag. His contacts left him in the wind. They gave him crumbs. That was the high risk part of the deal. His contacts had to come through for him to have any chance. Once they didn’t he and his staff weren’t capable of coaching kids that weren’t super gifted. Game over.

I personally don’t like firing anyone mid season just doesn’t help. In the is case they may not have a choice.

I knew this was a high risk/reward kind of hire that is proving to high risk with no reward. With his so called network of connection he landed this staff and these players. That was the risk. That is part of reason he failed. He didn’t attract nor did his contacts attract people/players that would guarantee he was successful. It was the opposite.

Looking back when your best friend and the grandfather wouldn’t or didn’t land DJ and Bradshaw that was a red flag. When Smith couldn’t flip anyone to come in and the Flowers situation that was a red flag. His contacts left him in the wind. They gave him crumbs. That was the high risk part of the deal. His contacts had to come through for him to have any chance. Once they didn’t he and his staff weren’t capable of coaching kids that weren’t super gifted. Game over.
When we hired him I was thinking he would be like Penny Hardaway. Bring in the big names but not be able to get them past the first weekend of the tournament because he would have to coach at that point.. Boy was I wrong. He never sniffed that level of success.

NYC is going to be very Maui-esque. Surely a couple of 40-50 point pimp-slappin’s will do the trick. I’m starting to buy into the notion that he won’t be our coach on New Year’s Day.

1. What type of players are those exactly?
2. Isn’t he chiefly responsible for getting players and as such, why would he sign players that weren’t “his type”?
3. How long / how many losses does it take before his system is installed and, whose system is being used currently?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT