ADVERTISEMENT

“Nike schools pay too”...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
New 2/15/19 Pat Forde, Pete Thamel article concerning quotes in evidence at current trial. Duke, UNC and Kentucky named in texts back & forth. Will the proverbial other “shoe” ever drop? I keep hoping, and praying it does!!!

Reactions: Smithereen
LoL

UNC will be sacrificed.

Duke and SuCkS must be protected at all times.

The NCAA has had numerous opportunities to nail duke and the cayuts, yet theyre deaf,dumb, and blind.

Love to see the cheaters in Lexghanistan get theirs.....

Reactions: Smithereen
LoL

UNC will be sacrificed.

The NCAA has had numerous opportunities to nail duke and the cayuts, yet theyre deaf,dumb, and blind.

Surprise, surprise!

Has the NCAA punished them yet over a couple of their players that were mentioned in the investigation? I believe it was Knox and Bam. I don't know their last names. A co- worker which is a U of K fan said they could have to forfeit a few wins.

Nike is too deeply involved with too many power schools and really throughout the the entire NCAA membership to be brought into this. These Adidas guys were using Nike's playbook, for god's sake they came from Nike, they just were incredibly sloppy. I find it interesting out all these taps they found Bowen a border line top 20 player with Adidas ties not a top 5 player with Nike ties. In my opinion that was by design not luck.

You have to be blind/stupid not to see Nike funneling players to Cal as soon as the NBA changed the rule. Then Duke, the modern day UCLA, said yeah I want some of that amazingly all the top guys started moving from UK to Duke. The SEC a non basketball league all of sudden started getting one and done's in multiple programs. The only question was how was the money moving that really all the FBI deal showed us, the mechanics of how players and their families got money. We all knew it.

We will never see UK, Duke, Michigan State or North Carolina really investigated in this whole mess and they created the system.

Nike is too deeply involved with too many power schools and really throughout the the entire NCAA membership to be brought into this. These Adidas guys were using Nike's playbook, for god's sake they came from Nike, they just were incredibly sloppy. I find it interesting out all these taps they found Bowen a border line top 20 player with Adidas ties not a top 5 player with Nike ties. In my opinion that was by design not luck.

You have to be blind/stupid not to see Nike funneling players to Cal as soon as the NBA changed the rule. Then Duke, the modern day UCLA, said yeah I want some of that amazingly all the top guys started moving from UK to Duke. The SEC a non basketball league all of sudden started getting one and done's in multiple programs. The only question was how was the money moving that really all the FBI deal showed us, the mechanics of how players and their families got money. We all knew it.

We will never see UK, Duke, Michigan State or North Carolina really investigated in this whole mess and they created the system.
Good post. Agree. What is amazing is that all the so called journalists who pride themselves as also investigative reporters have not unearthed more. Forde, in his C-J days liked digging on Nate Johnson and others but he was able to do that without leaving Louisville. I guess he’s gotten lazy.

Has the NCAA punished them yet over a couple of their players that were mentioned in the investigation? I believe it was Knox and Bam. I don't know their last names. A co- worker which is a U of K fan said they could have to forfeit a few wins.
Knox is a non issue. The ncaa already said they didn’t care that someone bought his lunch once. Bam was listed in a ledger as “bad loan” whatever that means. Most speculate that NC state was trying to buy him. Worst case scenario, uk has to give up some wins but I think it’s unlikely.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
LoL

UNC will be sacrificed.

Please enlighten me/us. Just what has UK done wrong? We all know what Duke does. They put recruits and their families in $million dollar homes. (See Marvin Bagley & Zion Williamson) You say that the NCAA protects UK. I bet you would have a hard time convincing Eddie Sutton of that.

Really don't understand why Forde and Thamel writing about those quotes yesterday. Considering that bit of info was brought out when the trial started . It was already said then so it's not any new news. And Nike was raided after Adidas lol what info of significance would be recovered hell they were tipped through the media by Adidas getting busted. LOL Nike got rid of all hard core evidence nothing is going to happen to Nike to invested invented the cheat game period

Last edited:
Reactions: American Male
Please enlighten me/us. Just what has UK done wrong? We all know what Duke does. They put recruits and their families in $million dollar homes. (See Marvin Bagley & Zion Williamson) You say that the NCAA protects UK. I bet you would have a hard time convincing Eddie Sutton of that.

Typical.
You blew people ALWAYS point out accuse duke unc, Kansas , UofL and others of cheating all the while ignoring crapiperi's buying of players.

Didnt Cousins Mom get a 3K house in Tates Creek ?
Bledsoe PASSING algebra 3 without passing Algebra 1.
Terrence jones " congradulatory" phone call from crapiperi that ened with jones reneging on Washington to go to SuCkS days later.
John walls family received money.
Of course knox, bam didnt do anything wrong. Wink wink.

And to top it off SuCkS administration bought the evidence from the Sun times about the 200K to Anthony Davis.

WWW has funneled players with payments to SuCkS the day Crapiperi became coach.

He hasnt stopped.........

Part 2
Speaking of Sutton, that was 30 yrs ago.
What has the NCAA done to uofk since then ?

Mashburn coming to Lexghanistan to play with 4 hicks.
The few 5 stars ass clown Pitino signed, boosters were taking care of them behind his back.
Billy clyde getting Patterson after Tubby left.
Youll know billy Clyde's class had he returned for a 3rd yr. Its why Crapiperi was not passed up a 2nd time.

Ive heard it from many blew fans they dont care what johhny does, just dont get caught.

Uofk is well insulated in the cheating world.
Its even spilled over into football.

So stop throwing boulders in a glass house.

(And to top it off SuCkS administration bought the evidence from the Sun times about the 200K to Anthony Davis').

Heard rumblings of this but never seen any substantial articles. Do you have a link to the above story you are mentioning ?

Typical.
You blew people ALWAYS point out accuse duke unc, Kansas , UofL and others of cheating all the while ignoring crapiperi's buying of players.

Didnt Cousins Mom get a 3K house in Tates Creek ?
Bledsoe PASSING algebra 3 without passing Algebra 1.
Terrence jones " congradulatory" phone call from crapiperi that ened with jones reneging on Washington to go to SuCkS days later.
John walls family received money.
Of course knox, bam didnt do anything wrong. Wink wink.

And to top it off SuCkS administration bought the evidence from the Sun times about the 200K to Anthony Davis.

WWW has funneled players with payments to SuCkS the day Crapiperi became coach.

He hasnt stopped.........
Oh boy. Cousins mother did live in a house in Lexington for a short while that had been owned by a lady's basketball coach. Thats about the end of what you posted thats correct. Bledsoe was cleared and this was high school for heavens sake. TJ called Calipari, that was widely published by papers out west. I don't know where you came up with the John Wall idea and your idea on AD is absurd.

Reactions: TopCatCal
(And to top it off SuCkS administration bought the evidence from the Sun times about the 200K to Anthony Davis').

Heard rumblings of this but never seen any substantial articles. Do you have a link to the above story you are mentioning ?
It's wishful thinking.

No one knows what all of the evidence is that's in the FBI's hands. You only know what's leaked out...

Reactions: CardinalJim
How does that help or hurt anyone?
It doesn't conclusively do anything. Since you're a slappy, there's been leaked info that's linked to former LPT players. That info doesn't say anything for sure, but it also doesn't mean that conclusive evidence isn't in the FBI's hands.

Given the possibilities, I'd prefer not being linked to anything...

It doesn't conclusively do anything. Since you're a slappy, there's been leaked info that's linked to former LPT players. That info doesn't say anything for sure, but it also doesn't mean that conclusive evidence isn't in the FBI's hands.

Given the possibilities, I'd prefer not being linked to anything...
Agreed but what are you referring to, Bam?

Among others. You 100% sure the potential damage is limited to the names that have leaked? I wouldn't be...
I'm 100% sure the NCAA is only going to have access to "evidence" that is now in the public realm. As for Bam, it is quite possible the NCAA could deem him ineligible but I don't think that will happen. The "evidence" against him is weak at best, nonspecific and uncorroborated.

Among others. You 100% sure the potential damage is limited to the names that have leaked? I wouldn't be...
I'm 100% sure the NCAA is only going to have access to "evidence" that is now in the public realm. As for Bam, it is quite possible the NCAA could deem him ineligible but I don't think that will happen. The "evidence" against him is weak at best, nonspecific and uncorroborated.

This is not true. Someday all of the FBI’s information will be public domain. So we won’t know what evidence the FBI has until the investigation and trials are complete. And some information won’t come out until the NCAA gets their dirty hands on that info, because some of what the FBI finds may be NCAA violations but not criminal. So that info may not come out during the trials. The fact that Duke, Kansas, and SuCk were mentioned is not great news, but who really knows. We will someday.

Reactions: zipp
This is not true. Someday all of the FBI’s information will be public domain. So we won’t know what evidence the FBI has until the investigation and trials are complete. And some information won’t come out until the NCAA gets their dirty hands on that info, because some of what the FBI finds may be NCAA violations but not criminal. So that info may not come out during the trials. The fact that Duke, Kansas, and SuCk were mentioned is not great news, but who really knows. We will someday.
The FBI isn't turning evidence over to the NCAA directly. I doubt if they are even allowed to do so. No, evidence doesn't age into the public domain. It is either made public at trial or you'll never see it.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Oh boy. Cousins mother did live in a house in Lexington for a short while that had been owned by a lady's basketball coach. Thats about the end of what you posted thats correct. Bledsoe was cleared and this was high school for heavens sake. TJ called Calipari, that was widely published by papers out west. I don't know where you came up with the John Wall idea and your idea on AD is absurd.

Of course you guys blew splain everything
So youre telling me that Duke, Kansas, UofL and UNC cheat, but uofk doesnt.........

The FBI isn't turning evidence over to the NCAA directly. I doubt if they are even allowed to do so. No, evidence doesn't age into the public domain. It is either made public at trial or you'll never see it.

Do you live so deep in the hills your detached from the news. First, the FBI has already stated once the investigation is through the NCAA will be allowed access to the evidence. Secondly the NCAA attorneys would only have to request the evidence.

And last year the NCAA ruled they now would be able to use evidence found by other agencies thanks to Ms. Rice.

Last edited:
sUcK escaped one probation period when they were being investigated by hiring the NCAA investigator. I can't remember his first name but his last name was Nance they hired him as an assistant coach.

If we are paying for players, we need to give better payouts, because it sure as hell isnt benefiting us. We haven’t made it to the final four since 2015. Sure we gave Anthony Davis 250k like you all will claim. If that was the the truth it would of been brought to light.

Bam is the only worrisome piece and I’m not even really worried. Knox got a lunch and is cleared. Noel took a loan after he was drafted. Am I forgetting anyone? Woulda shoulda coulda is for cowards. You can have it.

sUcK escaped one probation period when they were being investigated by hiring the NCAA investigator. I can't remember his first name but his last name was Nance they hired him as an assistant coach.
You're talking about Lynn Nance who was an assistant director for 1 year then spent 2 years as an assistant for Joe B. UK was not under investigation then.

Coach K is one of the top coaches in the country. He has led Duke to 12 FF and 5 national titles. You aren't trying to compare Cow's one title to Ciach K are you ha ha ha ?

Coach K is one of the top coaches in the country. He has led Duke to 12 FF and 5 national titles. You aren't trying to compare Cow's one title to Ciach K are you ha ha ha ?
Um no, no I'm not.

But let's get it straight. Coach K is the greatest coach in the modern era and maybe all time.

Fact of the matter is, coach K has had the #1 recruiting class each of the last 4 years. He's had a load of top 5 players on each team. Yet, he hasn't won the title with one and done players either.

Over the last 10 years, Cal has had more wins in the regular season and the NCAAT than K has.

Newsflash, these kids might have great talent and upside, but they were playing high school ball the year before they're one year in college.

As far as I'm concerned, when you have your players for 3 and 4 years, you should be the one winning titles, not the teams that field a bunch of freshmen .

Now you're comparing SEC basketball to ACC basketball. We all know there is no comparison there. ESPN is advertising the sUcK vs Tennessee game as a rare top 5 matchup in the SEC. Top 5 matchups in the ACC happen every year multiple times a year.

Bam is the only worrisome piece and I’m not even really worried. Knox got a lunch and is cleared. Noel took a loan after he was drafted. Am I forgetting anyone? Woulda shoulda coulda is for cowards. You can have it.
You're naming the names that have leaked. Your school has signed 40+ blue chip kids the last decade...

Do you live so deep in the hills your detached from the news. First, the FBI has already stated once the investigation is through the NCAA will be allowed access to the evidence. Secondly the NCAA attorneys would only have to request the evidence.

And last year the NCAA ruled they now would be able to use evidence found by other agencies thanks to Ms. Rice.
Correct. There will be more evidence available to the NCAA than what's heard in court...

Reactions: American Male
You've hoped for the last year that more would come out. It hasn't. I told you it wouldn't. Believe in unicorns if you want.
I don't hope, I predict. With slappies, all I have to do is push against what slappies HOPE.

We're still early in the ballgame. The FBI isn't in a hurry because they're still waiting for songbirds to sing. And when the Feds think there are big fish available, they start out trying to fry the small ones...

You're naming the names that have leaked. Your school has signed 40+ blue chip kids the last decade...
Anymore of them leaked yet? Because I’m not talking about what if’s. That’s for the paranoid.

I believe you said “among others” and was wondering if you had some top secret info that no one else had or if you just though it sounded better to embellish

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT