ADVERTISEMENT

Yikes…

It was reported on the post game radio show that Satt indeed made the calls. Not sure how accurate that was because I didn’t hear it directly from Satt.
I saw the part of the post game presser where he said that he was calling the plays. He also said that he was working with the defense when they were on the field. And that when we got the ball back he was going to Taylor and the offense guys to hear what they felt UVA was doing in defense and what they thought would work.

Again though, based upon the actual calls vs the way we’ve all seen Satterfield call games for 4 years - it seems more as if Taylor called the plays and Satterfield signed off on them. Given that Satterfield spent a good chunk of the game without the Waffle House game plan in his hand - that seems the most plausible scenario.

Reactions: SpotHogCard
For those who poo-poo the Malik to receiver idea. Braden Smith, QB turned receiver. Tutu Atwell, QB turned receiver. Randall Cobb, QB turned receiver. Lamar Jackson….uh….never mind….

Do not be surprised to see Doman at QB, and Malik in the slot in the upcoming games.

Stop the insanity! There is no way this happens. As someone who played college football I can tell you switching positions is damn tough. Occasionally you’ll see a corner switched to safety or a safety switched to linebacker or shuffling on the o-line. To switch from QB to slot halfway thru the season is ridiculous. For reference we had Shai Wertz transfer in for 2021. He was a prolific option QB from Georgia State. He came here to play WR and finished the season with 5 catches. That was after a full spring and summer practice calendar.

Careful. I suggested this and was told I was ridiculous.
Because it is ridiculous and it would still be ridiculous if the coaches did that.

Malik is coming off a concussion and he's going to now be a slot receiver who gets tackled 90 percent of the time he catches a ball?

This is simple common sense and I just can't believe how many here think this is a good option. In no way is it appropriate to risk Malik for what, go 6 and 6 and play a bowl game?

It would be one thing had he played some receiver before at the collegiate level but the man's career numbers at QB put him near the top of UofL's all time QB's.

If I was Malik I would tell Satterfield to stick it in his ear and not play.

All of this because of one game by a juco QB against a terrible Virginia team? Maybe it's true the Cardinals fan base has turned into UK's fan base?

Reactions: BPGhost
I'm with you 'Ville. Malik will be our QB when he returns. We probably won't see much more of the JUCO the rest of the season.

Well this is quite interesting, there are those on this site who have been most confident this will never happen, and a few of us see it as a possibility. What makes it so interesting is that we have the rest of the season to watch it play out without any one of us influencing the outcome.

One of the detractors used Malik’s risk of further concussion as to why CSS will not switch Malik’s position. I personally believe that is the reason Satterfield would consider giving the reins to Doman ….. as a way to reduce the chances of Malik suffering another head hit.

I need to be careful here, but I saw the targeting hit and I am not sure the UVA player was not intentional in leading with his helmet towards Malik’s head. I thought I saw an earlier hit that was targeting as well but not called.

If Malik is in fact cleared to play, I would agree that it would be difficult for CSS to insert Doman in place of Malik for a number of reasons. However, I am not sure this would not be an opportunity to showcase Malik to the NFL scouts as capable of playing on Sundays, but not as a QB.

Lastly Hank: yes it is difficult to switch positions, but you had the opportunity to see just how well that works for Syracuse when they moved Tucker to the slot from his RB position; which was most successful against us. Charlie Strong did the same thing in the few weeks leading up to the Sugar Bowl when he made several key position changes that resulted in a most effective outcome for the team.

Using Malik as a slot receiver would be just as effective as a decoy, or using him on sweeps. The chances of Malik suffering another head shot is greater at QB, where his is at risk on almost every single offensive play.

Satterfield‘s career as a college football coach is on the line, and I expect he will do everything possible to make this team better offensively.

Because it is ridiculous and it would still be ridiculous if the coaches did that.

Malik is coming off a concussion and he's going to now be a slot receiver who gets tackled 90 percent of the time he catches a ball?

This is simple common sense and I just can't believe how many here think this is a good option. In no way is it appropriate to risk Malik for what, go 6 and 6 and play a bowl game?

It would be one thing had he played some receiver before at the collegiate level but the man's career numbers at QB put him near the top of UofL's all time QB's.

If I was Malik I would tell Satterfield to stick it in his ear and not play.

All of this because of one game by a juco QB against a terrible Virginia team? Maybe it's true the Cardinals fan base has turned into UK's fan base?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Malik’s record as a starter is 20-22. Yep, personal numbers for rushing, passing TD’s accounted are great for an individual. But…..football is a team sport and in the end the numbers that matter most are W’s. Brohm, Redman, Ragone, LeFors, Brohm, Bridgewater, and Jackson all had great personal records but they also had W’s. Because they shared the spotlight and made others around them better.
And, like 233 said, since the QB has the ball in their hands every play, and since this QB loves to pull the ball and run it himself, his chances of another concussion are increased.
Lastly, it’s the coach’s responsibility to make choices that give his team the best chance of winning. Satt’s decision should be based upon what is best for the team, not the individual.

Does anybody know if Malik can run routes and catch the football? Isn't it a bit presumptuous to assume he can? Why is this? Is wide receiver an easy position for athletic people?

A good comparison would be in baseball where a shortstop who can throw the ball 99 miles an hour but his batting average is barely above 200, being moved to pitcher in the middle of the season.

If anything, Malik could switch to RB but again that requires blocking sometimes as does receiving. I'm sure Malik has rarely practiced blocking in his career.

I believe Malik and Javian Hawkins we’re about the same size. That said, I don’t see Malik being great at pass protection blocking. But, jet sweeps, tunnel screens and stop routes could well be within his skill set. As I mentioned earlier, Malik is often the best athlete on the field but he’s not always the best QB on the field. He hasn’t proven especially accurate as a passer and he really hasn’t always allowed others to shine and contribute as they could.
My point is simply this: Malik needs to be on the field in some capacity because he is so dynamic and can make things happen with the ball in his hands, but if we have an accurate passer (Domann or someone else) and Malik on the field together it could be a very exciting offense.
Peace.

Reactions: earsky
Well this is quite interesting, there are those on this site who have been most confident this will never happen, and a few of us see it as a possibility. What makes it so interesting is that we have the rest of the season to watch it play out without any one of us influencing the outcome.

One of the detractors used Malik’s risk of further concussion as to why CSS will not switch Malik’s position. I personally believe that is the reason Satterfield would consider giving the reins to Doman ….. as a way to reduce the chances of Malik suffering another head hit.

I need to be careful here, but I saw the targeting hit and I am not sure the UVA player was not intentional in leading with his helmet towards Malik’s head. I thought I saw an earlier hit that was targeting as well but not called.

If Malik is in fact cleared to play, I would agree that it would be difficult for CSS to insert Doman in place of Malik for a number of reasons. However, I am not sure this would not be an opportunity to showcase Malik to the NFL scouts as capable of playing on Sundays, but not as a QB.

Lastly Hank: yes it is difficult to switch positions, but you had the opportunity to see just how well that works for Syracuse when they moved Tucker to the slot from his RB position; which was most successful against us. Charlie Strong did the same thing in the few weeks leading up to the Sugar Bowl when he made several key position changes that resulted in a most effective outcome for the team.

Using Malik as a slot receiver would be just as effective as a decoy, or using him on sweeps. The chances of Malik suffering another head shot is greater at QB, where his is at risk on almost every single offensive play.

Satterfield‘s career as a college football coach is on the line, and I expect he will do everything possible to make this team better offensively.
Sean tucker has rushed the ball 110 times and has 18 receptions. He hasn’t moved positions. They expanded his role. They did this via spring, summer and fall practice.

I believe Malik and Javian Hawkins we’re about the same size. That said, I don’t see Malik being great at pass protection blocking. But, jet sweeps, tunnel screens and stop routes could well be within his skill set. As I mentioned earlier, Malik is often the best athlete on the field but he’s not always the best QB on the field. He hasn’t proven especially accurate as a passer and he really hasn’t always allowed others to shine and contribute as they could.
My point is simply this: Malik needs to be on the field in some capacity because he is so dynamic and can make things happen with the ball in his hands, but if we have an accurate passer (Domann or someone else) and Malik on the field together it could be a very exciting offense.
Peace.
It could be an exciting offense if he could play both RB and WR and then some wildcard QB? Right?

It could also be disaster football if Malik drops a bunch of passes or fumbles trying to break tackles. Right?

Maybe if Malik was a sophomore there could be the possibility of a position move but it's still unlikely. I mean how many good QB's make a successful position change? And to do it mid-season in his 5th year is totally unheard of.

And why would this even be attempted? So Louisville could play in the stupid name bowl at 6 and 6? It would be very irresponsible for Satterfield to be so desperate. It's easy for fans to say just move him to receiver. It's not so easy for the man in charge who knows better.

It could be an exciting offense if he could play both RB and WR and then some wildcard QB? Right?

It could also be disaster football if Malik drops a bunch of passes or fumbles trying to break tackles. Right?

Maybe if Malik was a sophomore there could be the possibility of a position move but it's still unlikely. I mean how many good QB's make a successful position change? And to do it mid-season in his 5th year is totally unheard of.

And why would this even be attempted? So Louisville could play in the stupid name bowl at 6 and 6? It would be very irresponsible for Satterfield to be so desperate. It's easy for fans to say just move him to receiver. It's not so easy for the man in charge who knows better.
Hahaaaaa!
1. Yes it would be an exciting offense with Malik at various positions including wildcard QB. Glad you agree.
2. Could be bad if Malik is dropping passes and fumbling. It could also be great if he doesn’t drop passes or fumble while trying to break tackles. (Note - Malik has and probably will again fumble while trying to break tackles as most any ball carrier has done…so….you’re kinda reaching on this item.)
3. QB’s have changed to other positions with success. See Randall Cobb, Tutu Atwell and Braden Smith. And, just because something hasn’t happened doesn’t mean it can’t happen. You would make a very bad innovator in any occupation with that mindset.
4. You say, “And why would this even be attempted? So Louisville could play in some stupid name bowl game at 6 and 6?”. Are you seriously saying a change, that could help your team win enough games to qualify for any bowl (thus earning extra practices) is a bad thing? For whom?
Lastly, if you’re saying that coach Scott Satterfield is a coach who “knows better”, I suspect several thousand Card fans might not agree with this. What has he known better about so far?
Anywhoo…I’m out. We differ on this topic and that’s fine. You are more than welcome to your opinion and I won’t call it ridiculous. I’m kinda above that sort of thing.

For those who poo-poo the Malik to receiver idea. Braden Smith, QB turned receiver. Tutu Atwell, QB turned receiver. Randall Cobb, QB turned receiver. Lamar Jackson….uh….never mind….
None of those guys switched to a receiver as a 6th year senior. If Satterfield thinks Domann gives the team a better chance to win - then start him but, all this talk of Malik moving to another position is really silly.

None of those guys switched to a receiver as a 6th year senior. If Satterfield thinks Domann gives the team a better chance to win - then start him but, all this talk of Malik moving to another position is really silly.
So if Satterfield chooses to start Domann, what do you do with Malik? Sit him? Have him hold a clipboard for the rest of the season? Or, find a place for him on the field where he could help the team?

Reactions: Cardiac Red
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Malik’s record as a starter is 20-22. Yep, personal numbers for rushing, passing TD’s accounted are great for an individual. But…..football is a team sport and in the end the numbers that matter most are W’s. Brohm, Redman, Ragone, LeFors, Brohm, Bridgewater, and Jackson all had great personal records but they also had W’s. Because they shared the spotlight and made others around them better.
And, like 233 said, since the QB has the ball in their hands every play, and since this QB loves to pull the ball and run it himself, his chances of another concussion are increased.
Lastly, it’s the coach’s responsibility to make choices that give his team the best chance of winning. Satt’s decision should be based upon what is best for the team, not the individual.
You’re right - football is a team sport. Which is why - despite the near record breaking career that Malik had had - the TEAM’S record during that time is 20-22. While he’s responsible for things like INTs, bad reads / missed throws and his own fumbles, he doesn’t play defense - which in truth has been routinely awful during his time as a starter.

If Satterfield does bench Malik at this point, it will be because he thinks it’s what’s best for the individual - in this case that individual being himself. It will also reek of desperation and an acknowledgment that he incorrectly assessed the personnel and team’s needs for the last few years.

So if Satterfield chooses to start Domann, what do you do with Malik? Sit him? Have him hold a clipboard for the rest of the season? Or, find a place for him on the field where he could help the team?
Dude - Malik is a QB. And for further emphasis - he’s a 6th year senior who has started 40+ games at UofL. If he’s not the starting QB then yes, he holds a clipboard until such time as he might be needed at QB again.

This isn’t PeeWee football for crissakes.

“This isn’t PeeWee football for crissakes”

Thank you! It is very tough to switch positions, let alone in the middle of the season. If a 6th year quarterback with no experience as a receiver is a better option at receiver than guys who have gotten a scholarship and practiced at the position then our problems run very deep.

Dude - Malik is a QB. And for further emphasis - he’s a 6th year senior who has started 40+ games at UofL. If he’s not the starting QB then yes, he holds a clipboard until such time as he might be needed at QB again.

This isn’t PeeWee football for crissakes.
And his record in those 40+ Games is 20-22. Also, if he plays QB for the next six games those will probably be the last six games he plays as a QB unless he goes to some far lesser league, certainly not a QB in the NFL.
BTW…what they most often do in PeeWee football is take the very best player and play him at QB. So yes, maybe what we’re looking at is PeeWee football (for crissake, Dude).

Reactions: Cardiac Red
Hahaaaaa!
1. Yes it would be an exciting offense with Malik at various positions including wildcard QB. Glad you agree.
2. Could be bad if Malik is dropping passes and fumbling. It could also be great if he doesn’t drop passes or fumble while trying to break tackles. (Note - Malik has and probably will again fumble while trying to break tackles as most any ball carrier has done…so….you’re kinda reaching on this item.)
3. QB’s have changed to other positions with success. See Randall Cobb, Tutu Atwell and Braden Smith. And, just because something hasn’t happened doesn’t mean it can’t happen. You would make a very bad innovator in any occupation with that mindset.
4. You say, “And why would this even be attempted? So Louisville could play in some stupid name bowl game at 6 and 6?”. Are you seriously saying a change, that could help your team win enough games to qualify for any bowl (thus earning extra practices) is a bad thing? For whom?
Lastly, if you’re saying that coach Scott Satterfield is a coach who “knows better”, I suspect several thousand Card fans might not agree with this. What has he known better about so far?
Anywhoo…I’m out. We differ on this topic and that’s fine. You are more than welcome to your opinion and I won’t call it ridiculous. I’m kinda above that sort of thing.
You are huh? I wonder what I could say that you would call ridiculous? I know, UofL should rehire Bobby Petrino, after all he has more success here than he had failure. How about Satterfield going to the wishbone offense and stop throwing the ball because our QB is so inaccurate?

Who out there would actually place a bet that we will see Malik play receiver this season?

And his record in those 40+ Games is 20-22. Also, if he plays QB for the next six games those will probably be the last six games he plays as a QB unless he goes to some far lesser league, certainly not a QB in the NFL.
BTW…what they most often do in PeeWee football is take the very best player and play him at QB. So yes, maybe what we’re looking at is PeeWee football (for crissake, Dude).
The reality is that the next six games will be the last at their current or any position for the vast majority of UofL’s seniors.

Monty Montgomery’s record as a starting MLB is far worse than two games under .500 - maybe Satterfield should make him the punter!

So do you believe Brock Domann is going to play in the NFL?

I say play them both at qb at the same time in certain sets. Why not ? Also you guys shanking Oldham Card are probably going to be proven wrong because I think Satterfield will throw Malik in the mix in some other role on offense, either at wide out or RB.

Hell we had a kid here not long ago that his name escapes me right now but he switched from QB to RB to WR. He had some decent games.

If Malik has any hope of making the NFL it's at some position other than QB and that's just facts. Satterfield would actually be doing him a favor to switch him to get some reps at a position he maybe good enough at to play at the next level.

Players get hurt at every position in football, it's a violent sport.

And another thing, sign me up for the "Who Gives a Shit Bowl" right now. Why not ? We could win 8 or 9 games and not get in one much better. Unless we go undefeated or 11-1 we are never getting in the playoffs until it expands and maybe once every 7-10 years then, if that. Most years all we are playing for is some underling bowl game. I don't get the mentality. I want to see us play as many games in a season as possible and if that means playing in the WGaSB so be it. Let's win that Son of a B..!!

I say play them both at qb at the same time in certain sets. Why not ? Also you guys shanking Oldham Card are probably going to be proven wrong because I think Satterfield will throw Malik in the mix in some other role on offense, either at wide out or RB.

Hell we had a kid here not long ago that his name escapes me right now but he switched from QB to RB to WR. He had some decent games.

If Malik has any hope of making the NFL it's at some position other than QB and that's just facts. Satterfield would actually be doing him a favor to switch him to get some reps at a position he maybe good enough at to play at the next level.

Players get hurt at every position in football, it's a violent sport.
You’re thinking about Reggie Bonnafon. He made the switch as a sophomore and I’m going to go on record as saying Lamar had something to do with that.

Malik is not a RB or a WR plain and simple. As KH said in another post - if somehow Malik is better than the players recruited to play WR - then that speaks to much larger roster / personnel problems. And the RBs? All we’ve heard the entire season is that the RB room is the strongest / deepest of any position group on the team. Who are you going to take carries away from to give them to Malik?

And I couldn’t disagree more about Satterfield doing Malik a favor. If he’s capable of making a position switch to get to the next level - it won’t be because he got limited reps in his last six college games.

"You’re thinking about Reggie Bonnafon

Yes. Thanks.
Malik is not a RB or a WR plain and simple. As KH said in another post - if somehow Malik is better than the players recruited to play WR - then that speaks to much larger roster / personnel problems
is it ? He's probably the best athlete on the team.
Who are you going to take carries away from to give them to Malik?
Have you watched us play this year ? Plenty reps to be had by him at RB or WR.
And I couldn’t disagree more about Satterfield doing Malik a favor. If he’s capable of making a position switch to get to the next level - it won’t be because he got limited reps in his last six college games.
He ain't gonna make it to the NFL as a QB, If you think he is you're seeing something Im not. If he shows some flashes the rest of the year at another position it could get him an invite to someone's camp. That's his only shot at the next level.

If Malik in 6 games becomes Devante Parker, he has a chance to make the NFL? That's what you're saying?

If Malik was right here with us on this board, what do you think he would say about the notion he should change positions because he's just not been good enough at QB?

If Malik in 6 games becomes Devante Parker, he has a chance to make the NFL? That's what you're saying?

If Malik was right here with us on this board, what do you think he would say about the notion he should change positions because he's just not been good enough at QB?
If Malik were here? My guess is that the mods would have to heavily edit his response to this nonsense.

Yes. Thanks.

is it ? He's probably the best athlete on the team.

Have you watched us play this year ? Plenty reps to be had by him at RB or WR.

He ain't gonna make it to the NFL as a QB, If you think he is you're seeing something Im not. If he shows some flashes the rest of the year at another position it could get him an invite to someone's camp. That's his only shot at the next level.
If he’s the best athlete on the team, then put him at CB because that group sucks. I mean - he’s an athlete right? Doesn’t matter if he hasn’t covered a guy at this level, maybe because the backup QB started in a win against a terrible team, we should hand the job to him and put Malik on defense. Shit - he’s as big as some of the linebackers Satterfield has recruited - put him next to Montgomery. Maybe he can make the next level as a MLB? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Knucklehank1
What gets me is that they continue to use the "athlete" status as a reason to play receiver. Aren't the other receivers athletic?

What does it mean that Malik's an athlete? He can run fast? He can juke and make defenders miss? I see these attributes with Huggins-Bruce, Hudson, and Smith.

But what those three receivers have athletically over Malik is catching the football and that is pretty important at wide receiver.

Apparently, catching passes in major college football games is nothing for an athlete?

But in this crazy ass world anything can happen, and Malik Cunningham could be a natural at receiver and has been wasting all these years playing QB?

What does it mean that Malik's an athlete? He can run fast? He can juke and make defenders miss? I see these attributes with Huggins-Bruce, Hudson, and Smith.
None of those guys can hold a candle to Malik speed wise. Look I'm not saying just give Dohmann the keys to the QB spot but I'd sure let him give it another shot because you can't deny, he did things and made throws Malik hasn't been able to make. Malik doesn't have QB instincts. He wants to run, give him a shot !

Reactions: earsky
None of those guys can hold a candle to Malik speed wise. Look I'm not saying just give Dohmann the keys to the QB spot but I'd sure let him give it another shot because you can't deny, he did things and made throws Malik hasn't been able to make. Malik doesn't have QB instincts. He wants to run, give him a shot !
He doesn't want to run. He wants to throw and he has had many accurate passes over his career. You can watch on YouTube a bunch of games where he passed the ball very well.

But he has had his issues and nobody confuses him with Joe Burrow, but most of us know he has been hamstrung by his OC. He's not a 1st round draft pick but he's trying to be one by playing as hard as any player on the field.

If Satterfield feels Domann is playing better than by all means play him, but this idea that after being demoted, Malik is going to want to run routes with the receivers is yes, ridiculous.

The most logical and likely scenario will be Satterfield employing both like they do with the RB's. A series for Malik, a series for Domann and then see who's more successful in that game. Against Pitt, Malik may get more snaps and Domann gets more Against Wake.

But IMO once Malik is ready to go, he should take all the snaps with the improved play calling, regardless of who's holding the playcards.

Ghost & Knuckle: you both seem to have a propensity to either unintentionally misinterpret most of what I post, or intentionally distort my comments for your own arguments.

Let me qualify for your benefit, as my suggestion of inserting Doman at QB, and using Malik as either a slot receiver or in the backfield is not suggesting some “permanent position change to Malik”. That is not what I said, or what I intended. I even used Sean Tucker as an example, only in the manner in which Syracuse took a skilled RB and placed him as a slot receiver so effectively, in order to get the ball in his hands in open field. Syracuse did not convert Tucker from his normal established RB position, any more than I am suggesting Malik would no longer be used at QB.

I am fine with your taking exception to my every post, I am taking exception to your adding your own interpretations to my posts.

I have no inside information as to what Satterfield is doing with this timely off week in his preparation for the balance of the season. We are not even aware of whether Malik is still in his concussion protocol. Given the 3 quarters of Doman performance (albeit against UVA) last week, it will be difficult for the staff to ignore the fact that it was Doman at QB that was largely responsible for the win against a school that beat us last year when Malik was at QB.

We only need to be patient and watch the balance of this season play out to see who is closer to the truth. As I do not expect a wholesale position change, but have every expectation that Satterfield is going to insert Doman at QB in some yet to be determined situations, and I further predict that he will have both Doman and Cunningham on the field offensively at the same time when the situation arises.

Ghost & Knuckle: you both seem to have a propensity to either unintentionally misinterpret most of what I post, or intentionally distort my comments for your own arguments.

Let me qualify for your benefit, as my suggestion of inserting Doman at QB, and using Malik as either a slot receiver or in the backfield is not suggesting some “permanent position change to Malik”. That is not what I said, or what I intended. I even used Sean Tucker as an example, only in the manner in which Syracuse took a skilled RB and placed him as a slot receiver so effectively, in order to get the ball in his hands in open field. Syracuse did not convert Tucker from his normal established RB position, any more than I am suggesting Malik would no longer be used at QB.

I am fine with your taking exception to my every post, I am taking exception to your adding your own interpretations to my posts.

I have no inside information as to what Satterfield is doing with this timely off week in his preparation for the balance of the season. We are not even aware of whether Malik is still in his concussion protocol. Given the 3 quarters of Doman performance (albeit against UVA) last week, it will be difficult for the staff to ignore the fact that it was Doman at QB that was largely responsible for the win against a school that beat us last year when Malik was at QB.

We only need to be patient and watch the balance of this season play out to see who is closer to the truth. As I do not expect a wholesale position change, but have every expectation that Satterfield is going to insert Doman at QB in some yet to be determined situations, and I further predict that he will have both Doman and Cunningham on the field offensively at the same time when the situation arises.

if you look at the “let’s play Malik in the slot” posts, there doesn’t seem to be much thought that this would be just a gadget play situation. However it seems that is what you are now suggesting and saying that we missed it. Gadget plays work once or twice. So if that’s all you expect then all this is much ado about nothing. Nonetheless, my prediction is that when Malik is cleared to play, he will be the starting QB.

As for your Sean Tucker comparison, I just don’t think it applies. Tucker is a running back that catches the ball out of the backfield. It’s a logical extension of his responsibilities. Having a QB catch balls is not a logical extension. It’s a one-off gadget play.

Honestly he'd probably be an upgrade over what we have.
No, no he wouldn’t but, I understand that you’re being sarcastic because no one who watches and understands P5 college football would suggest that a kid who either has never played the position or, has never played the position at this level would be better than D1 scholarship athletes that have played and been coached to play in the secondary for years simply based upon a perceived edge in speed or athleticism.

That would just be silly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT