ADVERTISEMENT

Ya know how some teams, no matter the sport, get their doors blown off....

glassmanJ

2500+
Jan 26, 2007
how many times have you seen it, your team comes out and either blows the doors off the other teams, or they get blown out themselves and you think man this team has no energy, they were lifeless, they didn't have heart, they just didn't bring it tonight. well it turns out there may be a simple explanation that makes everything true, it's their diets. below i've post an study where they two two identical twins, who are into adventure sports, and tested their diets to see the effects. the brothers have been used in studies previously so there was a good idea of their systems. they decided over six weeks one would eat the standard meat based diet and the other brother would go vegan. they were given the exact same amount of calories and then studied. after adjusting for the initial shock of for the vegan diet, the basic results were discovered, the meat based diet gave the bother more boosts in energy but subsequently more times of low energy whereas the vegan brother maintained a constant level of energy. and that makes sense as when you eat meat your body must use energy to break down that meat and is more energy than it takes to break down vegetables.

so if you extrapolate this out, the meat eaters can get a higher boost of energy but then will fall below the baseline whereas the vegan diet maintains the same levels of energy. now take that to sporting competitions and if the other team jsut happens to be on the energy boost side of their diet and they play your team who just happened to be on the downside, then one teams comes out with a ton of energy and the other team comes out with less. doesn't matter how much talent you have if the other team has even 10% more energy than you they are going to win every time and out hussle you.

similarly if you are coach you may not understand why one day your team has all the energy and the next day you don't. but what if you were coaching a team that was vegan and they had the same energy every day and you could expect that same energy in every game, no ups and downs just a constant basically.

sid curry i think is a perfect example of the bad side, if he went on a vegan diet he'd probably be a monster all the time with constant energy. but he has a horrible diet, snacks all night and his energy levels go up and down like a roller coaster.

the golden state warriors have a pro chef that travels and costs for the team and they take their diets super seriously and now you may know why they are not just a great team but one that doesn't fade.

so, basically, to win, it would be better for a team to hire a pro chef to manage the meals and not let the kids make their own decisions. he or she who can control a teams diet will control their future. KP go hire a Nutritionist and chef!

btw, the study also said that if you go vegan you;ll have lower diabetes but you get less bacteria in your gut because you have less food diversity so chance you get sick more often.

12 weeks is insufficient time period to make deductions about dietary affect on people.

Actually there are those on the other side who have their own evidence about the long term health benefit from a carnivore diet. Interestingly, many of those carnivore studies exclude dairy products as well.

Curry was purportedly eating essentially the same diet during the 2022 season as he consumed during this 2023 season.

12 weeks is insufficient time period to make deductions about dietary affect on people.

Actually there are those on the other side who have their own evidence about the long term health benefit from a carnivore diet. Interestingly, many of those carnivore studies exclude dairy products as well.

Curry was purportedly eating essentially the same diet during the 2022 season as he consumed during this 2023 season.
the carnivore diet, if you watched the video, provided more diverse gut bacteria, the twins only share 30%, so 70% of your digestive gut bacteria comes from food and the carnivore diet was more diverse and created more bacteria and thus they were less susceptible to sickness, as i stated already, meaning they were healthier. but you have higher diabetes rates in the meat diet, plus higher cholesterol. this study result are is generally known already, just a good use of twins to show the difference.

vegans tend to eat a lot of processed food because of simple availability of food choices thus they are not healthier per se, just have a better energy level and that was the entire point of my post that eating vegan gives you more consistent energy, meaning your coaches can expect you to bring it the same way every night, and they don't have to worry about riding the wave of energy from day to day. thus they can coach more consistently, and the players play more consistently, and thus your team performs more consistently, and probably wins more consistently. obviously you didn't watch the video.

and with curry, 100% not true, he's eating the same diet, plus snacking late into the night. article to start season specifically said curry was snacking late at night, Kp was calling him every night at 1` am to make sure he wasn't eating, had ballooned up, was out of shape, and he definitely was not eating the same diet. a diet means eating the same amount of calories, he was eating for two people. so again, if you are going to comment, at least watch the video first, and then know that curry has a well known, well published snacking problem and led to all his ups and downs.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Interesting thread I try to stay in shape as long as I can and to me working out and exercising is the easy part. The hard part is the diet and nutrition plan. The research and food preparation takes time and since all people are different some plans work differently on others.

I have 2 sons one eats the carnivore diet and one eats the vegan diet. Both include a sweet snack into their diet every now and then. The one on the carnivore diet is in the Air Force and he is in Special Ops. He is built like a brick shit house. The one on the vegan diet has his own landscape service but he does work out regularly. He is in good shape but no where near as good as my other son.

I do think diet and nutrition is a key factor in how an athlete performs. However as individuals I don’t know if the vegan diet will affect the the whole team the same way. I do think the vegan diet is a lot healthier than the carnivore diet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT