ADVERTISEMENT

WWW has a hand in this...?

And her first call being to the NCAA should speak volumes as to her intentions but is conveniently being ignored by the media.

Her intent is not going matter as far as NCAA violations but it is important to know as they get deeper into the investigation.
I agree with this to a certain extent, but Louisville fans need to consider the other side of the coin on this (and I get why you don't because UK fans wouldn't in the same position). If she was really out to destroy Louisville (as her primary goal) and if she was really willing to lie to do that, she could have played this much differently. Given that it appears the foundation of this is true to some extent, she could have embellished to no end if she really wanted to take down Louisville.

1. She could have implicated other coaches. Instead, all she does is implicate McGee, a coach "Mike," and says believes it would have been hard for other coaches like Pitino to not have known about stuff like this. This is not going very far to take down the leadership.

2. She could have implicated other players and recruits. Instead, she explicitly mentions that many recruits and players did not have sex or were otherwise not involved.

3. She could have talked more about drugs and giving money to players/recruits. Instead, she simply mentions parties were there was alcohol and drugs (which could just mean weed) and never goes into detail or harps about any of that, and she never talks about money flowing freely other than giving one-dollar bills for the strippers.

All of that would have been devastating. But she has never embellished beyond her core story, again except to say that she think other coaches knew based on what McGee said to her, and she has only said that because she is constantly asked about Pitino.

Look, in no way am I saying that she is telling the whole truth (that is unlikely). My point is simply that when looking at this objectively, she could have made thingsg far worse for Louisville leadership if she really wanted to take down the program.

I agree with this to a certain extent, but Louisville fans need to consider the other side of the coin on this (and I get why you don't because UK fans wouldn't in the same position). If she was really out to destroy Louisville (as her primary goal) and if she was really willing to lie to do that, she could have played this much differently. Given that it appears the foundation of this is true to some extent, she could have embellished to no end if she really wanted to take down Louisville.

1. She could have implicated other coaches. Instead, all she does is implicate McGee, a coach "Mike," and says believes it would have been hard for other coaches like Pitino to not have known about stuff like this. This is not going very far to take down the leadership.

2. She could have implicated other players and recruits. Instead, she explicitly mentions that many recruits and players did not have sex or were otherwise not involved.

3. She could have talked more about drugs and giving money to players/recruits. Instead, she simply mentions parties were there was alcohol and drugs (which could just mean weed) and never goes into detail or harps about any of that, and she never talks about money flowing freely other than giving one-dollar bills for the strippers.

All of that would have been devastating. But she has never embellished beyond her core story, again except to say that she think other coaches knew based on what McGee said to her, and she has only said that because she is constantly asked about Pitino.

Look, in no way am I saying that she is telling the whole truth (that is unlikely). My point is simply that when looking at this objectively, she could have made thingsg far worse for Louisville leadership if she really wanted to take down the program.
Yeah I guess she also could have told investigators that she thought she saw fugitive drug kingpin Joachin "El Chapo" Guzman talking with Peyton Siva....So we should be thankful for the whore with a heart. :eek:

Reactions: Shawn (uk7spd)
Guys I have been back and forth on whether to post this..but after that despicable Katina Powell times square photo it all makes sense..here it goes...

I live in lexington but have long been a die hard L1C4. I am dialed into a lot of what goes on here for a variety of reasons.

In early August I was out with some friends at the home of a well known UK booster. All the bluebellies were slapping backs and hootin and hollerin after dinner. One said to me (not knowing i was an L1C4) you know what we are celebrating tonight? He went on to call it operation Underwood which at the time made no sense but upon further review was a reference to the award winning netflix series house of cards starring kevin spacey.

Anyway this guy says operation underwood had been a plan to take down UL athletics and involved everyone from WWW to people inside our own athletic dept. (Other L1C4s)

He said they had been planning it for over 2 years and now the info was about to devastate ul. Basically that they had paid off a "staff member" on the inside to take it down. Now at this time he calls over another well known blue booster who he says was the general on this thing. I have provided an image of the "general" below, If somehow @KerryRhodes can track him down then we can end this nonsense. Thanks & L1C4

latest
"I'm an L1C4" :D lol.

Here's some advice Festus. Stay in Lexington so nobody ever gets to see you.

People laughed when I insuitated that Potentially sUcKs was behind this. It wouldn't surprise me at all. If you have eyes you can see what coach truly runs a dirty program.
Cal has stood up for Rick from the beginning of this mess. one of your own coaches have been put in the middle. I'M not a hater, but I just don't understand how you can make and believe such a post. what other coach has come out and stood up for Rick?? you then post how dirty a program we have in the midst of all this. I truly don't get it.

Cal has stood up for Rick from the beginning of this mess. one of your own coaches have been put in the middle. I'M not a hater, but I just don't understand how you can make and believe such a post. what other coach has come out and stood up for Rick?? you then post how dirty a program we have in the midst of all this. I truly don't get it.

Boosters. Alum. Well connected. Radio host.
Mad at Coach Pitino for coaching their ARCH RIVAL.

Even madder that Coach P won a title WITHOUT 29 Five stars.
Should have repeated in 2014.

GattonGrad is a UK fan. Posts all the time over there......I think he's a member of the cool kids club. Get lost gaf.

*I do agree that Kerry is nuts though

People laughed when I insuitated that Potentially sUcKs was behind this. It wouldn't surprise me at all. If you have eyes you can see what coach truly runs a dirty program.

LMAO!! I'm sure I'll get banned for even posting here but I couldn't resist. This is the first time ever posting here and I usually have respect for UL fans and the school but this post is just ridiculous. If this isn't looking through tinted glasses than I don't know what is. I haven't been one to bash UL over this stuff because while I definitely don't root for UL, I do think its good for the state to have 2 great programs in the state. But this, this is just ridiculous and laughable.

mattie bangs jones, also claimed the LadyBirds were stripping at Minardi Hall.

Would suprise anyone if he contributed to this fairy tale. She as a law degree
from Duke.

LMAO!! I'm sure I'll get banned for even posting here but I couldn't resist. This is the first time ever posting here and I usually have respect for UL fans and the school but this post is just ridiculous. If this isn't looking through tinted glasses than I don't know what is. I haven't been one to bash UL over this stuff because while I definitely don't root for UL, I do think its good for the state to have 2 great programs in the state. But this, this is just ridiculous and laughable.

Why didnt you post under your real crap illustrated id, instead of creating a new one.
That grand scheme by a SuCkS booster, unraveling.........

Man up Scat fan.

Reactions: L1c4tillidie
We arent saying it did happen but to not recognize that it is a possibility is naive. College sports has long been a crooked business and your program is one of the ones that is historically the most crooked. I wouldnt put anything past them.

We arent saying it did happen but to not recognize that it is a possibility is naive. College sports has long been a crooked business and your program is one of the ones that is historically the most crooked. I wouldnt put anything past them.

Historically crooked? Our past isn't perfect, that's for sure but nobody is and we haven't had anything happen since the early 90's. So, that's a ridiculous notion to say that because we had a scandal 25 years ago that we could be to blame for this.
I'm not saying that all of this is true because I don't believe it is but there has to be some truth to it and to say that UK is to blame for McGee, who was a Cardinal through and through, was secretly working for a UK booster just to bring down UL is absurd. Listen, I really do feel for you UL fans. I would be devastated if this happened here. I truly would but it just makes the fan base look desperate and ridiculous to push the blame on other rival schools. Something happened and yes, it sucks if you're a UL fan right now but you have to take some responsibility for this going on. Maybe not all of it but at least some of it.

Any "credibility" as it is that she has - is being initially and continually propped up by the writer of the book - Dick Cady. They never fail to mention that Cady (who has his own skeletons) is a former Pulitzer Prize winner writer with the intent to legitimize the story with a 30 year old award.

It has been his account - telling of all of the in depth investigative journalism he and his associates performed - that has provided whatever little credibility the Powell woman has. I believe that there are aspects of the story that are true but there certainly are powerful reasons that Cady and his minions could have reached the conclusions they did - conclusions that allowed for a book (100 pages - laughable) to be written and everyone on their end to start cashing checks.

I will say that anonymous sources aren't always the most reliable - particularly when they know that immunity comes along with going along with the narrative, and that the conversation will one sided for the near future. Additionally any "evidence" that has been corroborated by Cady or ESPN only becomes so when listening to her one side of the story. Plenty of other plausible explanations for how / why things like the wire transfer occurred IMO.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I am not buying anything from the this guy. If any of it has merit, which I doubt it does, it would be coming from more reputable sources. There are so many in the media that would love to start a lynch mob against Cal that it wouldn't have to come from Pasadena Times.

I am not buying anything from the this guy. If any of it has merit, which I doubt it does, it would be coming from more reputable sources. There are so many in the media that would love to start a lynch mob against Cal that it wouldn't have to come from Pasadena Times.

Smh!!

I've had to double check a few times to make sure that I hadn't mistakenly gone to the UK boards. sUcKs fans should mind their own business. So many are jealous of our program and would do anything to see us fail. Very sad.

That's the problem with people today. They don't want to take responsibility and just try to find some excuse to blame someone else....Own it. Get past it.

Wow. All I can say about this thread is wow. At some point the truth will come out and this thread will look even more ridiculous than it does now.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Wow. All I can say about this thread is wow. At some point the truth will come out and this thread will look even more ridiculous than it does now.
And you look just as ridiculous pretending you know what's going to come out of this and how do you know that the truth will finally come out at all? You don't. In fact the truth in these type incidents rarely comes out.

Glad you're sure though.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
I've had to double check a few times to make sure that I hadn't mistakenly gone to the UK boards. sUcKs fans should mind their own business. So many are jealous of our program and would do anything to see us fail. Very sad.

L1c4tillidie - Please, please, tell me: what are we sUcKs fans envious of exactly? I really want to hear it? I'm not going to assume anything here. I want a list, with bullets, of each and every item that we are jealous of. If I get this list, I may be able to wrap my brain around the backward logic that is spewing from Kerry's mouth. I have heard this from many UL fans over the past two weeks, please enlighten me. I'll wait.

L1c4tillidie - Please, please, tell me: what are we sUcKs fans envious of exactly? I really want to hear it? I'm not going to assume anything here. I want a list, with bullets, of each and every item that we are jealous of. If I get this list, I may be able to wrap my brain around the backward logic that is spewing from Kerry's mouth. I have heard this from many UL fans over the past two weeks, please enlighten me. I'll wait.
-we win without needing the help of the 1 and done me1me4 type players.
-we didn't need to stoop to the level that sUcKs did when they took a coach who left two programs in a dumpster fire.
-a fan base that has more going on in their lives because of our educational level and because we reside in a world class city(sadly for me I had to take an out of town job).
That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure other fans could provide numerous other reasons.

-we didn't need to stoop to the level that sUcKs did when they took a coach who left two programs in a dumpster fire.
-a fan base that has more going on in their lives because of our educational level and because we reside in a world class city(sadly for me I had to take an out of town job).
That's just off the top of my head. I'm sure other fans could provide numerous other reasons.

- Nothing wrong with going after the best players, especially when most of them are good kids. You seem to equate star player with selfish player, which is clearly not true.

- UMass and Memphis were not "dumpster fires" when Cal left. In fact, they were both far better off than when he arrived. UMass did not have any penalties going forward. Memphis only had probation, which was based on violations throughout the sports program (especially women's golf).

- Why do you think there is a fundamental difference between Louisville and Kentucky fans? Many Kentucky fans live in Louisville. It isn't as though a certain type of person is destined to be a fan of a certain school. To stereotype an entire fan base, especially when they are very similar to your own school's, is somewhat silly. Take me for example, I would venture to guess that I am more educated than you or at least as educated (JD, MBA), yet I am a Kentucky fan.

Reactions: Atwood8665
All true

Why do you think there is a fundamental difference between Louisville and Kentucky fans? Many Kentucky fans live in Louisville. It isn't as though a certain type of person is destined to be a fan of a certain school. To stereotype an entire fan base, especially when they are very similar to your own school's, is somewhat silly. Take me for example, I would venture to guess that I am more educated than you or at least as educated (JD, MBA), yet I am a Kentucky fan.

This has always been my position as well. Both fan bases live, work, play, eat, recreate, and worship in the very same places. It's about as biased as it gets to think your neighbor and fellow citizen is somehow "inferior" because he roots for a different sports team. Just a silly hypothesis all around.

Latest National champs in state, college world series, BCS bowls, Womens runner up, Facilities not even close....need more?

This has always been my position as well. Both fan bases live, work, play, eat, recreate, and worship in the very same places. It's about as biased as it gets to think your neighbor and fellow citizen is somehow "inferior" because he roots for a different sports team. Just a silly hypothesis all around.
This is the most sensible thing I've read all day . I have great friends and neighbors that are Louisville fans . I can't stand elitist attitudes .

Reactions: -BBH-
If you're a sUcKs fan who spends all their time on a UofL board I think it's pretty obvious that you're jealous.
I know a lot of UK fans that hate UL but the idea that any of them would be " jealous " is laughable . Heck we are on the best run in the history of the program . Kentucky or Louisville have NO business being jealous of anyone . And they aren't .

Kind of comes down to what the NCAA believes or says they believe. Very strange rulings come down from that group. They may give Butler the death penalty over this.

Steelers, that is a great post and I a UK fan agree with you 100%. my son his wife, and my two grandchildren are all avid UL fans(season ticket holders). I love beating you guys but wish you no harm, when I read Kerrys post and some others who are totally serious it automaticly puts me on offense. I also have another grandson attending UL med school.

Last edited:
Steelers, that is a great post and I a UK fan agree with you 100%. my son his wife, and my two grandchildren are all avid UL fans(season ticket holders). I love beating you guys but wish you no harm, when I read Kerrys post and some others who are totally serious it automaticly puts me on offense. I also have another grandson attending UL med school.
If "reading Kerry's post" puts you on the offense, well then I guess you're not entirely unable to understand the situation. Though I don't know him, I've got to believe that Kerry's posts and others like them, are a direct result of decades of boorish behavior directed at UofL (and in some respects the city of Louisville) by Kentucky fans.

You need only to travel over to your own boards to see ample examples of what I'm describing. No offense intended but, perhaps you and other like minded Kentucky fans should attempt to clean up your own house before coming here and pontificating.

Reactions: Louisvillian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT