ADVERTISEMENT

WWW has a hand in this...?

If "reading Kerry's post" puts you on the offense, well then I guess you're not entirely unable to understand the situation. Though I don't know him, I've got to believe that Kerry's posts and others like them, are a direct result of decades of boorish behavior directed at UofL (and in some respects the city of Louisville) by Kentucky fans.

You need only to travel over to your own boards to see ample examples of what I'm describing. No offense intended but, perhaps you and other like minded Kentucky fans should attempt to clean up your own house before coming here and pontificating.
True enough. Ask Moe to wear UofL gear outside of Jefferson County for a month and see how well he is treated by those classy Cat fans out there.

I hope our fans (or at least a large majority of them) never become like a lot of UK fans out there but after listening to and witnessing the blind hatred for all things UofL you begin to hate back.

The one side's (UK fans) hate can be traced back to a resentment of Louisville Basketball bursting onto the national scene and stealing a lot of the spotlight from Kentucky back when Denny got here. Not to mention a statewide general dislike for the big city and minorities. UofL fans hatred of all things UK is based more on fighting back. I'd be willing to bet that a large portion of UofL fans rooted for both teams at one time.

Due to the new policing of our boards which keeps the low-lifes out you tend to see a better group of UK fans on here but I lived in Central Ky for 9 years and have a good handle on how UK fans are towards UofL fans. I guess it can be blamed on the ignorance of never being around anybody but your own people all your life but that doesn't mean that we Louisville fans have to put up with it.

Hope the rivalry stays intense but civil.

re Loisivillian post: from a UK fan

Thanks for the the post. An interesting perspective an one that I had not considered. Not saying I agree with you however. I noticed that some UK fans have an irrational dislike for UL but then some UL have an irrational dislike for UK.

re Loisivillian post: from a UK fan

Thanks for the the post. An interesting perspective an one that I had not considered. Not saying I agree with you however. I noticed that some UK fans have an irrational dislike for UL but then some UL have an irrational dislike for UK.
In other news - bears still crap in the woods...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT