ADVERTISEMENT

Wow

CardHack

Four-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
1. No sacks yielded to a defense that was among the nation's sack leaders
2. The one INT from Plummer--and the irony was it was a TD if he held it a little longer because Thrash was working free off the same action that got an 85 yarder against IU
3. 2 sacks from Reiger, one taken down by a facemask but the other was obviously a dream shot; I couldn't believe he didn't force a fumble
4. 26 first downs
5. This for me was a byproduct of the point 4...4 of the 5 TD drives were long, sustained drives. 69, 77, 89 and 77 yards...the one that culminated with Guardendo's TD was 45
6. We knew somebody was going to have to step up in the receiving game because Miami really plays alot of bump-and-run. And with that said--Hello, Tight Ends. I was cussing Plummer like he stole from me when he blew two conversions throwing low to AHB and Lifson (and I think one to Kurisky also). Once he took a pretty good ripping from Brohm he corrected. Very efficient work against a good defense and a scheme that has a quality DC.
7. Ballsy move lifting Travelsted, but necessary.
8. Yeoman's work from the O line with the no sacks, and while the running game wasn't going to remind anybody of the mid 90's Nebraska Cornhuskers it was effective in sustaining drives and keeping us from having to throw the football 40 times.
9. Miami went at Riley more than we've seen in a while; I really hope we get Brownlee healthy for FSU because I think he's needed.
10. We won despite Gillotte getting largely eradicated by their OT.

Last point, you saw some real growth. We had to have the offense step up and man Brohm worked off some creative wrinkles to do it, and the defense had to make stops late to get the win. A team win by anybody's definition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News