ADVERTISEMENT

Worst coaching I’ve ever seen

CARDSAgainstHumanity

500+
Gold Member
May 3, 2022
I’m in my 40s and I’ve never seen a team more clueless. And Im not talking Louisville, I mean ANY team.. Throw out the terrible roster construction and recruiting failures (and trust me, both of those were epic failures). This guy has to go because he doesn’t lead or teach. Everyone on the team has gotten worse!

Next year he’ll desperately get Bridgeman to buy some top transfers and the team will be better, but it won’t be good enough because natural ability only goes so far at this level. Prepare to be miserable at least one more year where we continue to be punked by “ok” teams. Embarrassing!

Reactions: uoflcardsfan
It ranks up there as some of the worst coaching. I get that the talent, skill, basketball IQ may not be the best, but something is amiss here. I have not seen any areas of improvement.

It ranks up there as some of the worst coaching. I get that the talent, skill, basketball IQ may not be the best, but something is amiss here. I have not seen any areas of improvement.
Some people just aren’t cut out for the big chair. Typically though, this is found out at a significantly lower level than a top 10 program of all time.

At this point the best we can hope for us that Fat Cal gets tired of big hillbilly nation, takes his Ponzi scheme to Texas and saves his protege from further embarrassment with an offer to 2nd chair again. #pleaseandthankyou

Yeah, just looks ill-prepared for the job. The question everyone should be asking, does any other experienced coach not named Mack (including his staff) or Payne have a 3-21 record with the product we are seeing on the floor? I’m not even talking Hall of Fame coaches. I don’t think so. Every coach has a blowout loss or 2 (maybe 3) during the season for whatever reason, but this many blowout losses with poor effort. Crazy.

Side note: Can one of the coaches tell El to stop driving deep into the lane (under the basket) and leaving his feet only to throw a wild pass to the other team or out of bounds?

There is no collective buy-in from the team. If there was true buy-in, you would see a more consistent level of effort by the team especially on defense. The level of effort on defense is telling to me.

No improvement anywhere. This apparently strange collection of players looks different under a coach that has buy-in from the team.

that 30+ loss put me in a big funk for the week. i'm still having nightmares over the windmill dunk attempt. if it connected, i would be in the fetal position now.

Reactions: Louisvillian
I quit watching the Pitt game late in the first half. Could tell it was gonna be a beat down and had better things to do with my time that day then watch it all unfold.

Just think how bad it's going to be against Virginia. Twice!

I'm seeing 71 to 39 kind of score.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT