ADVERTISEMENT

Will the Wednesday game against Morehead be cancelled?

Louisvillian

6000+
Oct 27, 2006
Supposed to be a high temp of only 27 degrees. Can't imagine them playing in that and since it's a team from the state they're playing it would be easy to re-schedule.

Originally posted by Louisvillian:
Supposed to be a high temp of only 27 degrees. Can't imagine them playing in that and since it's a team from the state they're playing it would be easy to re-schedule.
Should know by Tuesday night. There is a chance it could be because of proximity betw the schools.

Originally posted by nccardfan:
Cold weather is not a reason to cancel a game unless it makes field conditions unplayable like rain, snow or ice.
Would they play if it was 10 degrees if the field was ok? I'm trying to remember the coldest Major League game I've ever seen played in late October. I guess 27 wouldn't be too bad if the sun was out and no wind, at least for the players.

My son coaches a NAIA school in NC. Their season starts the last week of Jan./first week of February. They have definitely played games colder than 27 degrees....

Coach was on 680 yesterday. They gave Morehead the option to move the game to Thursday or another future date if they wanted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT