ADVERTISEMENT

Why didn't we offer Quentin Goodin?

LockdownCard

1500+
Nov 11, 2014
Looks like we're going to miss out on another top player in our backyard.

I understand that we are after higher ranked players in this class like Fox and Mcgusty but our track record landing those type of guys isn't worth overlooking another in state kid only to watch him star some place else.

This kid is a stud and is putting up big numbers on the aau circuit against top guards in the nation. Not to mention lighting it up from the three point line!

Last edited:
He does have a offer from us. Last I read on it his dad said they had not heard anything from us for while. Then Kenny Johnson started recruiting him a few months ago.

Last edited:
He does have a offer from us. Last I read on it his dad said they had not heard anything from us for while. Then Kenny Johnson started recruiting him a few months ago.
He's not feeling the love from the staff. This is a big mistake. I love Rick but he can't keep whiffing on the talent in his own backyard.

I am not sure what it is but he was interested and we did offer, the thing that was odd to me was after we offered his teammate a scholarship he said he was no longer interested in us.

He dropped us, I don't get why you think the staff should continue recruiting him?

The same reason the staff stayed after Rowan after he dropped us.
How do you know the staff hasn't? I mean you weren't even aware of the initial offer Goodin had in his pocket from the Cardinals, so how are you 100% positive the staff has stopped recruiting him?

Looks like we're going to miss out on another top player in our backyard.

I understand that we are after higher ranked players in this class like Fox and Mcgusty but our track record landing those type of guys isn't worth overlooking another in state kid only to watch him star some place else.

This kid is a stud and is putting up big numbers on the aau circuit against top guards in the nation. Not to mention lighting it up from the three point line!
In my opinion we can do better at that postion. He is not a true point. I have seen him play and I think sloan is a better fit.

In my opinion we can do better at that postion. He is not a true point. I have seen him play and I think sloan is a better fit.
Theres always a fit for a top 100 in state kid. Whether there's better at the position, we need to lock these kids up and make them a priority.

In all seriousness you can't have them all. If the program starts regressing then recruiting is fair game but until then I like what we're doing.

He was offered around November I believe. I think he goes to WKU. Staying home and playing time I think is most important to him.

Cause this is the stupid stuff that Rick has constantly done since being here. Always seems to run off the better local talent.

People get upset when it seems like CRP misses out on talent- especially local talent- and I can understand that to a degree, but Pitino has definitely earned some leeway after the last 4 seasons and leading UofL to one of it's best runs in history. Not saying people don't have a right to complain, this is a forum after all, just that I'm fine with who he and his staff bring in because they've been doing a pretty darn good job as of late.

He has way better offers than wku. The kid is a notch below elite talent.

His final five were UofL, WKU, Miami, Florida, and Xavier.

I know him and his family, great kid great family. I think that staying close to his mother were she can she him play is important to him.

It looks like we are straying from the facts, this has nothing to do with Pitino not offering, UL has offered and Goodin has decided not to accept the offer. I don't know what some of our fans expect, do you want CRP to hold a gun to his head and make him sign? Goodin has decided to go elsewhere and I personally believe this "elite" prospect doesn't want the competition he would have to face at UL.

People get upset when it seems like CRP misses out on talent- especially local talent- and I can understand that to a degree, but Pitino has definitely earned some leeway after the last 4 seasons and leading UofL to one of it's best runs in history. Not saying people don't have a right to complain, this is a forum after all, just that I'm fine with who he and his staff bring in because they've been doing a pretty darn good job as of late.
He is on his best coaching stretch of his legendary career.

It looks like we are straying from the facts, this has nothing to do with Pitino not offering, UL has offered and Goodin has decided not to accept the offer. I don't know what some of our fans expect, do you want CRP to hold a gun to his head and make him sign? Goodin has decided to go elsewhere and I personally believe this "elite" prospect doesn't want the competition he would have to face at UL.
Not the case at all brother

He dropped us, I don't get why you think the staff should continue recruiting him?

I never heard that the staff stopped recruiting him since he was offered. May not be getting the love he wants or just likes one of the others more.

Lockdown Card, if you have some inside information as to why he turned down our offer let us know. I thought it was odd that he didn't turn down our offer until we offered his teammate, maybe there is a chemistry problem between the two. However, I don't know why he did but Lockdown Card seems to know please share with us.

I think he wants to be stricky a PG too, but Pitino offered him as a combo guard as rozier was. Also I think early playing time is a factor for him as well. He's had a UofL offer for a while now. If somewhere else is better suited for him good luck. No need to blame Pitino or the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT