ADVERTISEMENT

Who is more on the Hot seat??? Payne or Cal

Doesn't Calipari have a lifetime contract? I don't know how they could ever fire him. I guess he'll retire someday.

Cal might not be able to coach be he can recruit. Kenny can do neither. UofK fans
might think the grass is greener but he still
gets the five stars in bunches and most of them are top twenty student athletes. Wait until he leaves and they recruit on our level.
Spousal abuse centers throughout Kentucky will be on red alert.

Reactions: rh62531
It depends on how you interpret a hot seat. Many UofL fans have checked out, just meh on the program. But the UK fan is still very much dialed in, so Cal's situation could be considered more dangerous for him. Of course all that for him gets forgiven if they reach a F4 or even a strong E8 run, something like that. Kenny appears to have no way out of his situation.

i get the feeling that KP gets a year 3.
a buyout of $6 million when basketball revenue is $20 million a year is not smart.
and you have to find a head coach who is out of contract who wants to come here.
plus consulting firm fees to find the head coach.

Cow’s seat isn’t even warm with the people who matter. You think brainfart pays attention to the idiots on raftards?🙄

Reactions: vegasville1
a buyout of $6 million when basketball revenue is $20 million a year is not smart.
and you have to find a head coach who is out of contract who wants to come here.
That buyout is over length of contract plus. He will receive a salary per month similar to now. It's not just one lump sum. There may be some language in contract dealing with employment that could even lessen the amount based on new job.

It's worse than that...

"Profit" on that $20 million is maybe $12 million that goes to fund other sports.

Some of the coaches mentioned like Tang and Beard themselves have large buyouts. You have to pay each of their schools millions as well. None of that money we have by the way.

And thousands of people aren't stepping up to buy tickets just because Payne is gone. Not right away, in time maybe.

There's been irreparable damage done to this program...

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Cal might not be able to coach be he can recruit. Kenny can do neither. UofK fans
might think the grass is greener but he still
gets the five stars in bunches and most of them are top twenty student athletes. Wait until he leaves and they recruit on our level.
Spousal abuse centers throughout Kentucky will be on red alert.
Kids go there because it’s UK. What coach hasn’t recruited well there. It’s about Nike, not Cal.

Cal gets the best players over 30 in the NBA but he can’t win the big games with them. They are projected to be a 5 seed in the tournament and they could fall even further. They are also 5th in the SEC. KP has some talent but nothing like Cal. The main thing for me is I don’t enjoy seeing how bad KP is but I do enjoy seeing how bad Cal is. What I really enjoy is the fools gold for sUcK fans. They brag and tell everyone they are going to win the title this only to see them get bumped out early.

It's worse than that...

"Profit" on that $20 million is maybe $12 million that goes to fund other sports.

Some of the coaches mentioned like Tang themselves have large buyouts. You have to pay each of their schools millions as well. None of that money we have by the way.
If the (real) Wildcats > Wronghawks 2/5 then HCJT walks on water:):):).

Last edited:
Payne has seven scholarship players.

The slappies have seven NBA draft picks.

A little different...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT