ADVERTISEMENT

When does it become cheating?

Aug 7, 2022
Calipari adding 7’3 foreign center projected a 2nd round pick next year. The NCAA needs to do something as this is worse than the NBA concerning stacking teams. I hate Calipari with a passion, he’s everything wrong with college sports.

Calipari adding 7’3 foreign center projected a 2nd round pick next year. The NCAA needs to do something as this is worse than the NBA concerning stacking teams. I hate Calipari with a passion, he’s everything wrong with college sports.
Naw the elephant in the room with this kid is how the heck could he be eligible whatsoever this late in the game ? I 've read multiple articles on his overseas professional play and working out for NBA teams earlier this year. Not being a hater but if this kid is allowed to play at any univsersity it just shows the NCAA is still a joke. Here U of L like other schools are having issues with getting a kid cleared over a course or two. SMH!.

That too but Kentucky could get away with buying the Lakers. The NCAA and ESPN would just turn their heads and whistle. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Calipari becomes the first college coach to be allowed to give an exNBA player a scholarship. That’s probably in the future of this circus called college basketball.

Reactions: KozmasAgain

Per KSR,Matt Jones SMH

"Unlike a normal high school recruit, things are a little more complicated in this scenario, considering Ivisic plays for a professional team. There is a minor buyout involved and Jack Pilgrim reports that his agent, Misko Raznatovic, is known as the Rich Paul of international basketball. However, assuming they can work out NIL money and eligibility."

Reactions: RealStateBird
Per KSR,Matt Jones SMH

"Unlike a normal high school recruit, things are a little more complicated in this scenario, considering Ivisic plays for a professional team. There is a minor buyout involved and Jack Pilgrim reports that his agent, Misko Raznatovic, is known as the Rich Paul of international basketball. However, assuming they can work out NIL money and eligibility."
ESPN and the NCAA want Kentucky to be relevant again so bad it’s nauseating 🤮. They won’t even look into this situation as they remind me of the democrats and msm.

I honest to God don’t think that kid will have much of an impact on their season and I’ve really surprised at how he’s being viewed by all of the UK media and fans.

He’s a lanky, super tall, foreign kid. His game has been developed in international play and it’s more of an outside/in style which means he’ll be a massive liability on defense. He shot a number of 3s but was only a 30% shooter.

I’ll eat crow but I swear I think his impact will be minimal.

That too but Kentucky could get away with buying the Lakers. The NCAA and ESPN would just turn their heads and whistle. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Calipari becomes the first college coach to be allowed to give an exNBA player a scholarship. That’s probably in the future of this circus called college basketball.

I bet you would have a hard time convincing Enes Kanter of this.

I am sure this guy won't hurt UK. He will help and improve. It's just kinda odd that there has not been much talk about a possible 2nd rd NBA draft pick until now and he just happens to join a college team 3 months before the season

I am sure this guy won't hurt UK. He will help and improve. It's just kinda odd that there has not been much talk about a possible 2nd rd NBA draft pick until now and he just happens to join a college team 3 months before the season
19 going on 20 . Been on a pro team the last two years has red flags written all over it. However the way the NCAA is operating now nothing to see people amazing.

Reactions: rh62531
I honest to God don’t think that kid will have much of an impact on their season and I’ve really surprised at how he’s being viewed by all of the UK media and fans.

He’s a lanky, super tall, foreign kid. His game has been developed in international play and it’s more of an outside/in style which means he’ll be a massive liability on defense. He shot a number of 3s but was only a 30% shooter.

This feels like a pretty good write up. I haven't seen him so I can't offer any opinion on him or his impact. But if this is how you are calling it, then he probably doesn't have impact in too many games.

I'll add Cal is the HC and he really hasn't shown much with a player of the kind you're describing.

It's hard for me to have much energy for any of it but if I was really into it I'd be more worried if they added the ready-made vet from Michigan that chose KU, or something like that. But they didn't.

So they are probably just going to be up and down with those young guys and hopefuly they flame out like they've been doing lately.

This feels like a pretty good write up. I haven't seen him so I can't offer any opinion on him or his impact. But if this is how you are calling it, then he probably doesn't have impact in too many games.

I'll add Cal is the HC and he really hasn't shown much with a player of the kind you're describing.

It's hard for me to have much energy for any of it but if I was really into it I'd be more worried if they added the ready-made vet from Michigan that chose KU, or something like that. But they didn't.

So they are probably just going to be up and down with those young guys and hopefuly they flame out like they've been doing lately.
He’s a decent prospect. I’ll admit I haven’t watched him much but I have seen him play a little. He’s got soft hands and decent handle for a kid his size. But like you said - I don’t trust Cal with kids like him. Plus kids of his size/build - super tall/lanky rarely come in and take the college game by storm. I would say if Ugo and Bradshaw are healthy he will play sparingly. If not he may play at little more but I don’t see a scenario where he’s anything more than the 7th or 8th guy off the bench at best.

I bet you would have a hard time convincing Enes Kanter of this.
1 f’n player out of numerous shady players during his time at UK. Don’t act coy with me….the NCAA annually overseeds sUcK and ESPN showcases them taking a shit. The MF’er is a professional and Calipari is slime.

Reactions: rh62531
I'll say this about Zvonimir Ivisic.

I don't think he'd be in the top 7 on OUR team and this is coming from a guy who's lukewarm at best with the current team.

Ivisic will be 20 years old in a week. Which as we all know is very old and should be a positive for him making an impact at the college level as he'll be older than most of UKs roster outside of Reeves, Mitchell and Bradshaw. For reference Dennis Evans turned 18, 2 weeks ago.

Ivisic played in the Adriatic Liga ABA last season, its a mens professional league. He played in 18 games and those games he played 165 minutes. That's a little over 9 mins a game. He was 6-20 from 3 and averaged 3.8 points and 2.6 rebounds and 1 bpg.

In the U20 Croatian League he was playing in when UK spotted him he played much better averaging 11 points and 5 boards.

I'll throw this out there - I will bet that come March, this guy will have a similar impact as Okorafor. Obviously two totally different players but I'm going to bet that a reasonable person can look at their stat sheets at the end of the season next year and conclude they had similar seasons as far as impacts go. I this both guys have potential to be more than that, but I don't think either of them will. If I had to wager on one breaking out, I'd put it on Okorafor because of his style, strength and attitude - plus I have zero faith in Cal developing or playing a kid like Ivisic if he has Bradshaw and Ugo.

Last edited:
College basketball has finally reached a point with me that I no longer follow it with much more than casual interest. So sad to have such a significant form of entertainment losing fan interest. It is as bad here at UL as anywhere, but I have friends who are life-long UK fans expressing their own loss of zeal for college basketball.

1 f’n player out of numerous shady players during his time at UK. Don’t act coy with me….the NCAA annually overseeds sUcK and ESPN showcases them taking a shit. The MF’er is a professional and Calipari is slime.
I'll never forget Dick Vitale saying. That if Enes Kanter was at any other school in the country other than Kentucky, that the NCAA would let him play. I also remember several years back when Calipari won his 500th game as a college coach. UK put up a banner to honor his 500th win, the NCAA made UK take it down. Oh yeah, the NCAA really loves Kentucky. Believe me I'm not on here to defend Calipari. If you read my posts on Rupp Rafters you will realize that no one wants him gone anymore than I do. But the NCAA is no friend of UK basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: Cardiac Red
What difference does it make if Calipari does have a stacked roster. Kentucky ain't winning crap as long as he's the head coach.

I'll never forget Dick Vitale saying. That if Enes Kanter was at any other school in the country other than Kentucky, that the NCAA would let him play. I also remember several years back when Calipari won his 500th game as a college coach. UK put up a banner to honor his 500th win, the NCAA made UK take it down. Oh yeah, the NCAA really loves Kentucky. Believe me I'm not on here to defend Calipari. If you read my posts on Rupp Rafters you will realize that no one wants him gone anymore than I do. But the NCAA is no friend of UK basketball.
Wonder 🤔 why Vitale would say that to UK? Click click maybe 🤷‍♂️

Wonder 🤔 why Vitale would say that to UK? Click click maybe 🤷‍♂️
What difference does it make if Calipari does have a stacked roster. Kentucky ain't winning crap as long as he's the head coach.
That’s not the point

College hoops is gone. I no longer hold out any hope for its saving. I just hope football doesn't follow the same path.

And this is coming from a Cards fan who has always preferred hoops over the gridiron. No more.
I’m with you but I’ve always been a gridiron guy first. I went to two MBB games last year not sure I attend any this year, as KP is a Cards problem, but my issues are much deeper. My issues are college sports issues. Losing interest and quickly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT