ADVERTISEMENT

What is the word on Matt Jones????

I agree with some of what you said and disagree with some of what you said. I know when Obama was in office we had fighter jets that couldn’t fly because they didn’t have parts to maintenance them. They ended up going to the graveyard to get parts.

I never said the personnel payroll was the biggest part I said that the ripple effect to making cuts effect the economy in many ways. A lot of those soldiers rely on there jobs to pay their bills. Why is it better to take their jobs and give it to someone else how is the trade off fair.

If I was going to make cuts in the government it would be in other areas. Remember when Obama was in office and we were facing a government shutdown. Obama said all nonessential employees would be furloughed. Those are the ones I would get rid of all the nonessential employees.

I am not that interested in cutting military supplies or weaponry when my son is in the Air Force I want him to have the best equipment available to him. Here I go again but if we want to make cuts anywhere let’s keep people from entering our country illegally and we would save billions of dollars every year.

I posted that most of it is privately funded not all. I know certain organizations and charitable groups get money from the government. Most of the medical research comes from the private sector.

Since you are in this field I have heard on multiple occasions from different outlets that hey have cures for some cancers. They also said that they feel a cure for cancer will come within the next 10 years. Do you have any input on whether that is true?

I posted that most of it is privately funded not all. I know certain organizations and charitable groups get money from the government. Most of the medical research comes from the private sector.
Since you are in this field I have heard on multiple occasions from different outlets that hey have cures for some cancers. They also said that they feel a cure for cancer will come within the next 10 years. Do you have any input on whether that is true?
I assume this question was for me, so I will post your exact words, which prompted my comment in my post.
"In regards to medical research that has always been done by the private and they do a really good job."
To answer your question, "cure" is a strong word to use. In my area, pediatric cancers, we usually look at 5 or 10 year survival, but they usually come with side effects that can last into adulthood. That being said, we have some very high survival rates with children's cancer because of the efforts we have put into research. Some types of cancers are as high as 95%.
With adults, you won't see survival rates that high. The National Cancer institute and the American Cancer Society will have current numbers. Given that we have pretty much maxed out the innovations with chemotherapy, new types of drugs that try to target places in the cancer cells are coming out. The hope is that they can treat those cancers that we cannot currently stop, but these drugs have their own risks.
At the same time, many people, including some physicians, are selling "miracle cures that that medical industry doesn't want you to know about" Don't believe that crap. They often use sloppy research and employ conspiracy theory tactics to get people to believe on them.

I watched a program about a month ago and they were talking about a break through in a new medicine. It was a treatment for cancer where the medicine causes the cancer to cannibalize itself. They showed how it worked under a microscope it was pretty neat.
By the way what part of Memphis do you live in? I have a house in Saint Matthews and a house in Memphis. The house in Memphis is at Walnut Grove Lakes. Unfortunately for me I spend most of my time in Texas do to work.

Reactions: cardfaninmemphis
I watched a program about a month ago and they were talking about a break through in a new medicine. It was a treatment for cancer where the medicine causes the cancer to cannibalize itself. They showed how it worked under a microscope it was pretty neat.
By the way what part of Memphis do you live in? I have a house in Saint Matthews and a house in Memphis. The house in Memphis is at Walnut Grove Lakes. Unfortunately for me I spend most of my time in Texas do to work.
That is one of those mechanism that these new drugs can trigger; they make the cancer cell shut itself down; they help the patient's immune system find the cancer cels; or they bring the chemotherapy straight to the cancer cells. When you give them to a human being, there are side effects as well as other things that can make these treatments less effective than hoped. Still these new treatments can help us to fight the diseases that we were powerless against before or can work when the disease is too advanced to use our current forms of treatment.

So, I am familiar with Walnut Grove Lakes; I live in Bartlett and drive downtown to work. I may disagree with you in politics, but I am always willing to have a beer and cheer the cards with another cardinal fan.

Reactions: Villebandit
I am not a McConnell supporter but if Mattie Bangs finds himself in a race against him I will donate money to the McConnell campaign

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT