ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL What I believe on KP

Travis Graf

Jul 14, 2017
From the very beginning of the coaching search, I’ve believed that Kenny Payne should be the guy that Louisville hires. I’m not someone with a lot of knowledge of Louisville athletic department happenings, I just know people in the basketball/coaching world.

(https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...isville-candidates-mcdonald-s-aa-game-commits)

I had talked to some people that I know are close with KP a few weeks ago and posted here that I think he’d be the guy.

Some other people that I know who have relationships with KP (but not as good as those above^) told me before my last post on Monday that they didn’t think he’d take it. I wasn’t actively seeking out information (Ty actually called me to see what I was hearing a couple weeks ago and I told him the last I had heard was KP).

I’m not sure if what I was told and posted last was just A) bad info or B) some people pushing an agenda but like I said, the people who I had originally talked to about the KP situation pushed back on that information and were adamant that they believed he’d get offered the job and take the job.

I don’t think this is constantly changing inside the athletic department (I think it’s one, maybe two guys being targeted in all actuality), I think some people are just pushing agendas for certain people to either try to speed up the process or to help promote other coaches in their coaching friends circles to gain raises, leverage, etc.

Bottom line out of everything that I’m saying is that the person I talk to that knows KP better than anyone believes he will ultimately get the job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News