ADVERTISEMENT

What do you expect @ NC St Friday night?

They have the lefty QB transfer from Virginia, Brandon Armstrong. They don't appear to be as good as they have been, struggling to beat both Uconn and Virginia. They were blown out against ND.

Cards will get their best no doubt. Friday night game on the road requires a performance we saw that 2nd half against GT and yesterday of course.
Anything like that IU 2nd half the Cards would most likely lose.

I like our chances though and it's 100 percent due to Jeff Brohm. I'm convinced we would have lost to BC with Satterfield. That was a game the Cards had to score a lot to win. BC's young QB is for real.

Couldn't you just see Satterfield trying to milk the clock to slow down BC instead of outscoring them with big plays?

I expect a big game from the defense. They have a lot to make up for, and I think we will see the pass rush get to Armstrong. Cards, 34-21.

Reactions: Guardman
NCST has not looked good. Neither UVA or NCST looked good on Friday night. Having said that NCST is always tough at home and their fans are 100% into the game. It will be a tough game.

Reactions: Mayoman
My fear is that they get caught looking ahead to ND and overlook the task at hand.
The luster of that game has worn off a little after ND’s loss. That game time should be announced today. If it becomes a prime time game, yes, the luster returns.

Looking for a real tough game, and it will take our best effort so far this year to win. Cards have more talent. A Road game in conference, is always a challenge for any team. Home crowd, and home cookin, by ACC native NC officials will help NCST, any way they can. All that said, we may have the best RB , and WR cores in the League. Solid QB improving every week. Defense about even on both Teams. Special Teams an edge to UL. Looks like about UL 31 and NCST 21 to me! Cards by 10, put it away in the 4th quarter controlling the clock, and NCST. In a very solid run game to win down the stretch! Go Cards!

Honestly, we have no chance. Brendon Armstrong is clearly the best QB in the league and NC St. is the toughest place to play in the country. The ACC officials hate us and the ACC network will be telling everyone how we haven’t beat anyone while they laud NC St. for taking down perineal powers Va. and UConn. By game time the spread will probably be NC St. -35.5. We won’t cover.
So, I’m thinking NC St. 66, UL 3.
Go Cards!

I am guessing a pretty low scoring game. 24-20 range.

NC State offensively is having a hard time running the ball. Armstrong is capable of being a nightmare either for us or them. He can make all the throws and is a good runner , but he will make some head scratching throws as well. Not sure they have a ton of weapons either. Louisville has to force him to look for others outside of #10. That WR beat UVA by himself.

Defensively have to match their physicality and pick up their pressures. They didn’t create much havoc on Virginia. Good news is the offense is equipped to make them pay. But my guess is they won’t leave their CB’s on islands and force Louisville to drive it instead of giving up the long ball.

Tough game. I don’t trust Louisville defense they aren’t bad and have been good in spots but just don’t trust them especially on the road.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
I am guessing a pretty low scoring game. 24-20 range.

NC State offensively is having a hard time running the ball. Armstrong is capable of being a nightmare either for us or them. He can make all the throws and is a good runner , but he will make some head scratching throws as well. Not sure they have a ton of weapons either. Louisville has to force him to look for others outside of #10. That WR beat UVA by himself.

Defensively have to match their physicality and pick up their pressures. They didn’t create much havoc on Virginia. Good news is the offense is equipped to make them pay. But my guess is they won’t leave their CB’s on islands and force Louisville to drive it instead of giving up the long ball.

Tough game. I don’t trust Louisville defense they aren’t bad and have been good in spots but just don’t trust them especially on the road.
I agree that our defense, despite performing well thus far, is a concern against higher powered offenses. I just think they’ll find a way to limit NC State. To me, the key to this game will be how relaxed our offense comes into the game. If Plummer plays his game and doesn’t press, we can hang thirty on most teams. If we can jump to some quick scores and make them play from behind, it could turn into a fireworks show for us.

Armstrong is a formidable QB, but “he is no Castellanos“. NCST’s “vanilla” offense is just the sort of opponent that our defense should look forward to defending.

I do expect a much more improved secondary than what we saw from BC, and a more physical NCST team overall.

Brohm is gonna pick on their safeties because their starters are out I believe. The long balls against BC were in preparation for this game I have a hunch. Expect a lot of quick long passes downfield and Louisville rolls 43-17

Honestly, we have no chance. Brendon Armstrong is clearly the best QB in the league and NC St. is the toughest place to play in the country. The ACC officials hate us and the ACC network will be telling everyone how we haven’t beat anyone while they laud NC St. for taking down perineal powers Va. and UConn. By game time the spread will probably be NC St. -35.5. We won’t cover.
So, I’m thinking NC St. 66, UL 3.
Go Cards!
How do we get the FG?

Expect to get a good hosing by the officials!
Take it out of the zebras' hands,jump on them early and often. This is what I see happening. Big halftime lead,hold off the charge late,get on the bus and get the hell out of there. 31-20

Reactions: KozmasAgain
This game is going to show how good of a coach Brohm is. Not from an X's and O's standpoint, but from a motivation/focus standpoint. The players all have social media just like everyone else. If they are seeing what I and everyone else see, it's all "Notre Dame, Notre Dame, blah, blah, blah." NCST couldn't have hoped for a better scenario.

I worry about looking ahead also and playing at their place with a sellout stadium is going to be a real test. UNCST has that blue collar mentality so they play every game hard.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
I just don't see why the Cards would overlook a Friday night road game against a good team just because they're playing ND next.

What good is the ND game if you lose the game before it?

No, that is not my concern at all. There's just too much experience with this team.

I believe the Cards biggest test will be counteracting any momentum that may occur with the Wolfpack on a blackout night game.

I can see NC State grabbing an early lead and leading after one quarter. Cards counter in the 2nd quarter with the score being tied at 17 at halftime.

I like Louisville to have a strong 3rd quarter as Brohm makes the better adjustments and scoring a late 4th quarter TD to win going away.

Louisville 38
NC State 27

Reactions: cocoa
I just don't see why the Cards would overlook a Friday night road game against a good team just because they're playing ND next.

No, that is not my concern at all. There's just too much experience with this team.

I believe the Cards biggest test will be counteracting any momentum that may occur with the Wolfpack on a blackout night game.

I can see NC State grabbing an early lead and leading after one quarter. Cards counter in the 2nd quarter with the score being tied at 17 at halftime.

I like Louisville to have a strong 3rd quarter as Brohm makes the better adjustments and scoring a late 4th quarter TD to win going away.

Louisville 38
NC State 27
Because human nature. People aren't perfect. This isn't unprecedented territory. Hell, the tv guys were talking about Louisville overlooking IU and on towards Notre Dame during the 2nd half debacle of that game.

Players see social media. Shit can seep in.

Of course, that goes without saying, but plenty of teams don't do that so why do you think Louisville would? People aren't perfect is not exactly a persuasive argument.

Of course, that goes without saying, but plenty of teams don't do that so why do you think Louisville would? People aren't perfect is not exactly a persuasive argument.
Because I've been a Louisville fan a long time.

I honestly dont think players look ahead as much as everyone thinks. Once you cross the lines its on.

They will play cover 2, try and man up on our WR's while trying to stop the run. I think TE's see some action and honestly I think there are only a handful of teams that can stop Jordan and this isnt one of them.

Reactions: SpotHogCard

Louisville 38
NC State 27
I agree with this type of scenario with just less scoring IMO. Defenses on both sides are good be not great. Not sure NCST has the fire power to score 4 TDs on UL. Believe UL does have that fire power. Give me 31 to 21 Cards, Cards will have the last possession, and put the game away in the run game down the stretch.

Reactions: Mayoman
My biggest questions in this game are;

Can our receivers get past their DBs?

WILL Plummer actually throw across the middle and to the flats when they are open instead of playing hero ball?

Will Brohm use the TEs against NC states Defense?

Can our O-Line keep Plummer clean.

Hero ball? What exactly is that? Was Plummer's long TD passes against BC hero ball? Because there were other receivers he could have thrown to.

I haven't seen anything from Plummer that would suggest he's what you apparently think hero ball means. He had some jitters in the 1st half against GT and has been spot on since.

Was Lamar playing hero ball when he was here? Was it hero ball when he kept the ball on all those zone reads?

Hero ball I recall was for basketball players who constantly shot the ball instead of passing it in crunch time.

I agree against IU he had receivers wide open for first downs but instead he kept going long. He even looked at the receivers wide open for first downs but ignored them for the long ball. Unfortunately the long ball wasn’t connecting and we went 4 and out. He should have gone for the first downs and sustain the drives.

Hero ball? What exactly is that? Was Plummer's long TD passes against BC hero ball? Because there were other receivers he could have thrown to.

I haven't seen anything from Plummer that would suggest he's what you apparently think hero ball means. He had some jitters in the 1st half against GT and has been spot on since.

Was Lamar playing hero ball when he was here? Was it hero ball when he kept the ball on all those zone reads?

Hero ball I recall was for basketball players who constantly shot the ball instead of passing it in crunch time.
Yeah I don't get all this "hero ball" stuff either. JB has said he wants to take shots downfield.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT