ADVERTISEMENT

We are what we are

ECARD

300+
Aug 15, 2002
And that is not complete. We have NO inside game! And Terry is not ready for the NBA! Really hurt us tonight with his play! Bad effort!

Originally posted by ECARD:
And that is not complete. We have NO inside game! And Terry is not ready for the NBA! Really hurt us tonight with his play! Bad effort!
And a team that cannot figure out thru coaching or players that Blackshear needs more shots.There has to be more options offensively.

Can't help but agree. They show flashes to be a very good team and then (blink once) they look like they've never played organized basketball before.

As for Terry. I would love for him to go pro after this year but he has hurt himself in the last couple weeks with some bad performances. I know he has some family issues and he wants to make money for his family. It would help with recruiting if he were a high draft pick but it would help this team and himself a lot if he came back for another year. Whatever decision he makes I'll be happy for him either way

Originally posted by Money cardinal:
Can't help but agree. They show flashes to be a very good team and then (blink once) they look like they've never played organized basketball before.

As for Terry. I would love for him to go pro after this year but he has hurt himself in the last couple weeks with some bad performances. I know he has some family issues and he wants to make money for his family. It would help with recruiting if he were a high draft pick but it would help this team and himself a lot if he came back for another year. Whatever decision he makes I'll be happy for him either way
It doesn't matter how poorly he plays. The NBA wants him. The GM's are high on him and are willing to roll the dice that he'll develop into a NBA point guard. He's all but gone.

Originally posted by Cue Card:

It doesn't matter how poorly he plays. The NBA wants him. The GM's are high on him and are willing to roll the dice that he'll develop into a NBA point guard. He's all but gone.
If that's the case then that's great for Terry. I heard somewhere that in one of Pitinos latest press conferences that Terry will leave if he is basically a lock for the first round. As of now the mock drafts are showing him late first round with some in the second round. Just what I heard

This is why the NBA product is getting worse and worse every year by taking guys like terry who are not fully developed. They're ruining college and pro basketball.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You have money on this cue? Every time there's a mention of Rozier going pro in a thread there you are maintaining you know he's leaving. Doesn't matter how poorly he plays? He's not Lebron James or even Michael Carter Williams. Speaking of Syracuse freshmen, just look at the Ennis kid who left after his freshman year because GM's were high on him. He's not playing and should be in college.

It doesn't mean a thing if GM's are high on him. Doesn't mean he's going to play. He will most likely be in the D league which is where former college stars go to disappear. If Terry really cares about actually playing in the NBA he needs to stay in college. If he just wants the paycheck than I can't blame him for that. I think it's pretty clear this decision is what's weighing on him and his play is suffering for it.

Originally posted by 80,86:
...I think it's pretty clear this [NBA] decision is what's weighing on him and his play is suffering for it.That's certainly what Pitino said on his postgame interview tonite. I think he called "NBA BS".

I do think there are still enough games this year for Rozier to play himself OUT of guaranteed draft money. He's on that track now. And if he keeps forcing shots and not playing team ball, he'll either be back next year or trying to make a team somewhere for whatever they're willing to pay.

This is also a pretty good case study for those still wanting Pitino to recruit 5-star guys, guarantee them PT, and relax on his coaching philosophies. I don't think those are good ideas...

Originally posted by CardsDan:
This is why the NBA product is getting worse and worse every year by taking guys like terry who are not fully developed. They're ruining college and pro basketball.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Agree 100%. It's hurting both levels of the game tremendously.

Originally posted by Majestic Red:
Simply put, this team desperately needs Jones. But he dug his own grave and that's over with now.
True. However Chris was a horrible teammate.

I dont understand why VITALE kept bringing up the subject about Chris Jones last night and how UofL misses him being on the team. hey VITALE.............STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM. CHRIS JONES dug his own grave and UofL is moving on. The players that are on the UofL team dont need to keep hearing about Chris Jones.

Originally posted by jalovell23:

I dont understand why VITALE kept bringing up the subject about Chris Jones last night and how UofL misses him being on the team. hey VITALE.............STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM. CHRIS JONES dug his own grave and UofL is moving on. The players that are on the UofL team dont need to keep hearing about Chris Jones.
Easy solution to duke/SuCkS lover vitale.

Turn down the volume and listen to Paul Rodgers. Iheart radio or Tune in radio.

That way you can avoid his garbage and bringing up duke and SuCkS 10
times throughout the game.

Be so glad when he retires.

Originally posted by 80,86:

You have money on this cue? Every time there's a mention of Rozier going pro in a thread there you are maintaining you know he's leaving. Doesn't matter how poorly he plays? He's not Lebron James or even Michael Carter Williams. Speaking of Syracuse freshmen, just look at the Ennis kid who left after his freshman year because GM's were high on him. He's not playing and should be in college.

It doesn't mean a thing if GM's are high on him. Doesn't mean he's going to play. He will most likely be in the D league which is where former college stars go to disappear. If Terry really cares about actually playing in the NBA he needs to stay in college. If he just wants the paycheck than I can't blame him for that. I think it's pretty clear this decision is what's weighing on him and his play is suffering for it.
No money. It's just been discussed in great depth and length by those who are closer to the program than I am, and they ALL say he's going to go pro to help his family. I've just accepted that he's going to do what he feels is best for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT