ADVERTISEMENT

Wayne

Sep 9, 2011
I know the focus right now is on the ending, but I liked what I saw from Wayne tonight. Even though he didn't have a great shooting night, he continued to attack even after missing some layups. It was a physical game, and there was a lot of contact on those misses. I liked that he continued to be assertive and didn't just disappear. Could be important moving forward.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Agreed. Wayne is attacking the rim quicker than the past and bodes well for the tourney. If he can get to the 15-18 point level consistently, he will be valuable as another option for Terry and Q. How about the kid from Ballard playing lights out vs the best half court D in the nation!

I loved that Wayne stayed aggressive even after the missed buckets whereas in the past he would've disappeared. I also liked how when his 3 point shot wasn't falling, he began attacking the basket multiple times. Some of those close in misses happened to roll out but I like that he knows he has to STAY aggressive. One of those drives paid off late with a valuable bucket.

It was refreshing to see Wayne being more aggressive in looking for his shot. However, it is supremely disappointing that he had zero rebounds. If a 6'1" Rozier can get 7, surely a 6'5" brusing, leaper can get ONE.

He's trying too hard to be explosive. He just needs to relax and be himself now. Let the game come to him. Go back to the basics..Instead of taking a step too early for a thunder dunk and missing...lay it in off the glass. And build from there.

I have a feeling Wayne will see an increase in FT takes in the NCAA post season. This guy has been assaulted going to the basket in ACC play a number of times and not gotten the call. New kid on the block treatment from ACC refs have an indirect or direct impact on everything.

I thought the same thing when I looked at the stats. There were several times he would have had an easy offensive rebound if he had followed his shot. On those occasions he did not stand around, he broke immediately after his shot for the defensive end even when he was shooting from the side. Maybe that was what he was supposed to do per CRP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT