ADVERTISEMENT

Wake Forest

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
I swear it's hard to figure out what these guys are doing sometimes.
No way in hell that guy is going home on that hit and JT throws a short hop with some juice to the cutoff. Effin keystone cops.

Reactions: PushupMan
Early, of course. But, our team looks like it is fighting in heavier weight class. They just don’t look like they belong - I don’t get it. Is Lucas hurt? Once again, the lineup is shuffled up - batting and in the field. Feels like CDM has no confidence on his own decision making.

Yeah, so…I’m giving the Cards the top of the 3d to show any life. If not, plenty of other sports to watch tonight.

Yeah, so…I’m giving the Cards the top of the 3d to show any life. If not, plenty of other sports to watch tonight.
I switched after watching them throw and kick it around earlier. Hopefully they play better when I don't watch.

This is the Corbett we saw when he was a FR. He looks great! But yes, the Cards are they’re worse enemies. Some bad mistakes tonight.

Some real bad pitching luck tonight. WF has had quite a few seeing eye singles tonight. Corbett was lights out.

Noon start today. I'd love to see Mac get back to the winning formula. I think we've all lost track of just what that is.
One thing for sure,we need guys that can get on and guys that can drive in runs or it's another lost series.
Of course,defensively it would be cool if we can play a clean game and give ourselves a chance. No margin for error because we just don't know what we're getting from the pitchers or clutch hitting.

I still believe there is plenty of talent. Pitchers being left in too dang long. Recurring theme for how many years now? The lineup - meh. Who is batting where doesn’t really move the needle for me. They just need to hit the ball.

Reactions: rh62531
Noon start today. I'd love to see Mac get back to the winning formula. I think we've all lost track of just what that is.
One thing for sure,we need guys that can get on and guys that can drive in runs or it's another lost series.
Of course,defensively it would be cool if we can play a clean game and give ourselves a chance. No margin for error because we just don't know what we're getting from the pitchers or clutch hitting.
Nobody told the ACC Network... Showing Coach K and Roy...

Reactions: Bardman
Oh, and then after Roy they were showing yesterday’s game?? WTH??
Any way, Webster is pitching REALLY well. Hope he can get through one more inning. Then…can the bullpen keep Wake in check?

Big blast by Zion to make it 1-0 Cards. Other than that their pitcher is destroying our hitters. As good as Webster has been, hopefully the pen is warm and ready. They did just say the pen is active.

Thought Webster was outstanding today. Their guy obviously damn good but he was all about getting ahead then making guys chase. Once again, our hitters just not having the right approach if you know he's gonna throw it in the zone early. High spinner was the pitch to try and get.

Couple things- how long do we go with McCoy and I have no doubt Moore's been cooled off when Mac went with somebody else for some strange reason. 🤔

Reactions: rh62531
Cards just not making defenses shake in their cleats the way they used to.

Game three already a trainwreck. Every game - guys in different positions, different batting orders. Riley is one of those guys who just never developed. He shows flashes but is inconsistent. Cards not patient at the plate and making bad decisions on the bases.

Much better second inning for Riley. Unfortunately the guys look like ass at the plate and on the bases. 🤪

I will say this-if we EVER start getting the ball to have eyes on it instead of everything right at the defense we will have enough of something to start winning these type games- that's all.

Well, somehow they win. I’ll take it. Maybe they need a psychiatrist to come in and talk to the guys. Seems a lot of these issues are between the ears.

Well, somehow they win. I’ll take it. Maybe they need a psychiatrist to come in and talk to the guys. Seems a lot of these issues are between the ears.
I'll stick to my post above and say they need some bounces to go their way. I cannot count the balls crushed right at guys that have cost us half dozen games if some can get through. Maybe this is the start.

Reactions: Bardman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT