ADVERTISEMENT

UofL vs WVU 2005 on ESPN Classic

CardVille

2500+
May 29, 2001
Bush, B Brohm, Wood, Dumerville, Bobby 1.0

That was the most talented team we ever had IMO. I think Satt can get us back there.

Reactions: Deeva
Yes, you are correct, that was the Orange Bowl year. I was off by a year but the talent level is what I was mainly referring too. Schnellys Fiesta Bowl and Charlie's Orange Bowl teams were pretty talented too.

We made the horrible mistake of going to Morgantown. 1st and last time!!!!!! I can't even image what it would have been like if we had won that game.

Me too. Worst experience I’ve ever had. It’s sad too, because it could have been a cool atmosphere with the college town setting, sold out stadium, beautiful scenery of mountains from the stands, big game on the line...all of that was ruined by a bunch of hillbillies of all ages cussing at us and flipping the bird.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
WVU fans were THE WORST. In Morgantown and Louisville. Horrible, horrible fanbase. Horrible, horrible experience.

Hope they never migrate to the ACC.

Reactions: kentuckyshame
WVU fans were THE WORST. In Morgantown and Louisville. Horrible, horrible fanbase. Horrible, horrible experience.

Hope they never migrate to the ACC.

Yeah I didn’t even mention a time they played here before the party deck was there, one of their fans was sitting in top row of south end zone pouring his drink off the side of the stadium. A little of it hit me, so I looked up and he was looking down laughing, I looked up at him and yelled I’m coming up there now you dumb***. Two cops saw and stopped me before I started making my way into the tunnel and said they saw him and they’d take care of it.

Their whole culture is toxic, only realized this from my visit to Morgantown. It was amazing that it was literally fans of all ages who acted with that type of behavior.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
We made the horrible mistake of going to Morgantown. 1st and last time!!!!!! I can't even image what it would have been like if we had won that game.

I've been there, and I'll never go again. Those WVU fans made Lexington in 2007 seem like a picnic.

Last edited:
I’ll never forget the Sunday morning Morgantown newspaper....

Quarter page ad that stated “Beat your wife, lose your guns” WTH kinda place is this?

I’ll never forget the Sunday morning Morgantown newspaper....

Quarter page ad that stated “Beat your wife, lose your guns” WTH kinda place is this?

I guess that’s how the authorities get guys to stop beating their wives around there, by threatening to take their guns. Wow. Sad

That was a pretty gut wrenching, awful feeling. Count me out on wanting to watch that again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT