ADVERTISEMENT

UofL TE Averett arrested

To bad he could not beat the men on the football field, that he lost to! Why does Bobby recruit these loser type players? Maybe they all have something in common?
qkv02.jpg

Last edited:
Another PR hit for the University and another reason for fans to be turned off to the Petrino regime. Tyra and the BOT are quickly - if they haven't already - going to come to the realization that for multiple reasons they have to do whatever it takes to send Petrino on his way.

'Louisville tight end Kemari Averett was arrested Monday night after police said he held a gun to his girlfriend's head and threatened to kill her.'

It does not appear he hit her after all. He only threatened to kill her with a hand gun.

Bye Mr. Averett. Dumbass.

She must have been able to escape when he dropped the gun - despite it being right in his hands...

Reactions: MEMEBLUE
Now does this get us nearer to that gray area of losing control of your team and not maintaining a environment conducive to college athletics, otherwise known as just cause for being Farrrr?

Now does this get us nearer to that gray area of losing control of your team and not maintaining a environment conducive to college athletics, otherwise known as just cause for being Farrrr?

I'm sure the powers that be are closely monitoring every facet of the program.

I'm ready for a change, but you can't put this on CBP. This is a 20 year old kid with a fuzzy past that lost control of his emotions and did the dumbest thing possible. He won't be back on the team and he screwed up his life. UL reacted the right way and thats it!

I'm ready for a change, but you can't put this on CBP. This is a 20 year old kid with a fuzzy past that lost control of his emotions and did the dumbest thing possible. He won't be back on the team and he screwed up his life. UL reacted the right way and thats it!
Wait. Did you read the articles? This guy was arrested before and was considered a menace to society at one time. I believe in 2nd chances but given Petrino’s past, maybe you don’t take risks with the players you get or are these the type of players that U of L can only get? I hope not..

Per Washington Post

Averett, listed at 6-foot-6 and 267 pounds, has eight catches for 65 yards and two touchdowns in six games, including four starts, for the 2-5 Cardinals. Before arriving at Louisville, the Atlanta native spent three months in a youth detention center in 2014 after being accused of stealing a cellphone at gunpoint (per the Courier Journal), and he went on to spend nine days in Fulton County Jail for violating the terms of his bond.

I get that you want to give everyone their day in court before jumping to conclusions but there's absolutely no way, under any circumstances that he should be allowed to play football at Louisville again.

Wait. Did you read the articles? This guy was arrested before and was considered a menace to society at one time. I believe in 2nd chances but given Petrino’s past, maybe you don’t take risks with the players you get or are these the type of players that U of L can only get? I hope not..

He was 14......

I get that you want to give everyone their day in court before jumping to conclusions but there's absolutely no way, under any circumstances that he should be allowed to play football at Louisville again.
Just being Devils advocate, after his silly day in court, if this turned out to be fabricated BS, he’s outta here?

Just messing with you. I know what you mean. I think. ;)

Bobby had to of known about the kids past, but he decided to take the risk anyways. And here we are.

Reactions: Cue Card
All this proves is the kid at 14 was a dumbass, and he's still a dumbass at 19. He also apparently feels his size as a human being isn't enough to intimidate so he brandishes a gun to boot. 100% dumbass and I am very comfortable saying that behind the keyboard.

In person, I would call him a dumbass if he asked me while waving my own gun around. I'm not a dumbass all the time after all. At 6-6 267lbs, all he would have to do is look at me real mean for me to pee my pants if I didn't have that gun to feel somewhat protected. LOL!

All this proves is the kid at 14 was a dumbass, and he's still a dumbass at 19. He also apparently feels his size as a human being isn't enough to intimidate so he brandishes a gun to boot. 100% dumbass and I am very comfortable saying that behind the keyboard.

In person, I would call him a dumbass if he asked me while waving my own gun around. I'm not a dumbass all the time after all. At 6-6 267lbs, all he would have to do is look at me real mean for me to pee my pants if I didn't have that gun to feel somewhat protected. LOL!

He's 20 right now. That other event happened in 2014, 4 years ago. That would have made him 16 years old.

Thanks for the math lesson, maybe you can enlighten BBN with your math knowledge........
I’ll ask you. If he did something like that, do you really think it matters if he did it at 14 or 16? Was it just an adolescent phase he was going through? Were there other schools that passed on him because of his past? Sounds like a repeat of the Rod Council fiasco. I wonder who recruited him? Uh, Bobby Petrino. I guess since we gave him one, he’s going to continue going after recruits who need another chance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT