ADVERTISEMENT

UofL @ PITT 630

Make no mistake, Pitt will be a huge challenge; they will have had 2 weeks to prepare with a new QB and a chance to redeem their horrible start to this season.

I love this opportunity for UL, as Jeff can demonstrate his and his staff’s influence on a roster where his predecessors have been most vulnerable.

Jeff, Brian and Greg are uniquely different than any other college football staff in America. Are they perfect? No, but I believe their Louisville roots, connection and love of this school is something that resonates with the players.

Make no mistake, Pitt will be a huge challenge; they will have had 2 weeks to prepare with a new QB and a chance to redeem their horrible start to this season.

I love this opportunity for UL, as Jeff can demonstrate his and his staff’s influence on a roster where his predecessors have been most vulnerable.

Jeff, Brian and Greg are uniquely different than any other college football staff in America. Are they perfect? No, but I believe their Louisville roots, connection and love of this school is something that resonates with the players.
I have been wary of the circumstances of this game for 8 months. Pitt will be prepared.

Reactions: Mayoman
I have been wary of the circumstances of this game for 8 months. Pitt will be prepared.
As another poster said, our defense better eat him up.

Quote from article:

"Veilleux has appeared in two games this season, completing 12 passes on 27 attempts for 145 yards. He has thrown a touchdown and has been intercepted three times."

Reactions: Guardman
Come on guys. You worry about every team we play? Pitt is worse than BC. They're not only in team turmoil, they're limited in talent. Satterfield took it to them.

Cards will take care of business in a big way. Brohm will not let them ruin the ND win with a clunker and even if there's a bit of a letdown, Pittsburgh is just not good enough.

Louisville 42
Pittsburgh 13

Reactions: OldhamCard335
While somewhat 'leary' of playing Pitt this weekend, this maybe where the old saying. 'the game will be won in the trenches'. You win most of these road games while playing great defense. I like the way our's is playing. Keep our turnovers to a minimum and I'll say the Cards in a tough one by 10 points!

Reactions: Cardsfan62
Pitt is averaging just 308 yards per game and now they're starting their backup QB. Cards should shut them down. I see 10 points alright. 10 total for Pitt.

But sports can be mysterious. Just look at Miami's loss to Georgia Tech Saturday. So anything can happen.

Only thing that worries me in games like these is that Brohm through out his coaching career has had a tendency to lose a game he shouldn't to a weaker opponent.. Hopefully that didn't follow him to the Ville..

My thought is that we’re a good, well coached team and Pitt is a struggling team with tons of talent and also a good coach. Yes, we could play a fantastic game and blow them out on their home field, but I wouldn’t call that likely after the huge win over Notre Dame. We’re due to struggle, especially on the road. We will need to play well to escape Pitt with a win.

I wouldn’t call Pitt a trap game, for two reasons. First, I consider a trap game as one against a lesser program … and Pitt by any measure is a peer program - our all time record against them is 9-10, including 5-7 at Pitt.

Second, a trap game should be one that is scheduled between two very high profile games … which is certainly true for the game before, but the game after is an “open date.”

Only thing that worries me in games like these is that Brohm through out his coaching career has had a tendency to lose a game he shouldn't to a weaker opponent.. Hopefully that didn't follow him to the Ville..
There's a reason for that tendency. Brohm didn't have the amount of talent at Purdue as he has here. He would get his Purdue team confident and ready to beat a ranked team, but with a natural letdown in the next game, he didn't have enough top horses to overcome it.

This group just looks like it's on a mission. It's one of the best "team" teams we've had. Not just good due to one or two superstars. This team looks together where a clutch or great play comes from many different players.

I'm sure Pittsburgh will get a few lucky breaks, get a few whistles in their favor, but they simply don't have the ammunition to keep up. Their starting QB was just benched and moved to TE.

But I guess the backup could be another Pat White with how crazy things sometimes happen in college football?

Reactions: Cardiac Red
CJB said on the radio that at purdue he recruited the kid that will start at qb

Originally recruited to Penn State. 21 year old 3rd year sophomore, 6-4, 220. At this level, everyone has talent - it’s just a matter of whether they are ready to play up to their potential.

And that summarizes what’s always scary about playing a great program like Pitt - they may be struggling, but they have talent on the same level, they’ve got a proven championship winning coach, and they have every bit as much depth as we do.

It is college football and for the most part the players are kids. They have up and down performances. It is hard to predict.

This is a veteran team which I think helps more than coaching. The veterans should be able to keep the team grounded plus the staff gets it.

Still on the road against an aggressive defense will be a challenge. The play poorly they will get beat. They play good they should win.

wouldn’t call Pitt a trap game, for two reasons. First, I consider a trap game as one against a lesser program … and Pitt by any measure is a peer program - our all time record against them is 9-10, including 5-7 at Pitt.

Second, a trap game should be one that is scheduled between two very high profile games … which is certainly true for the game before, but the game after is an “open date.”
Yeah,more like a letdown game. We really have no idea how this group will respond to their huge victory,but they have the right guy to bring them back down to earth and I'm more positive weekly that they have that taste in their mouths that they like.
Tbs,it probably will be a war on Saturday.

Reactions: PushupMan
Just an FYI, the game is being televised on WBKI, the CW. Beats trying to find the game on Bally Sports. Only problem is, The CW isn’t offered in HD (only SD) on my channel package.

Reactions: Ipartiedwithhopgood
Pitt is averaging just 308 yards per game and now they're starting their backup QB. Cards should shut them down. I see 10 points alright. 10 total for Pitt.

But sports can be mysterious. Just look at Miami's loss to Georgia Tech Saturday. So anything can happen.
Miami’s loss was the result of sheer stupidity. I don’t expect to see that from our coaching staff.

Reactions: Cardsfan62
Just an FYI, the game is being televised on WBKI, the CW. Beats trying to find the game on Bally Sports. Only problem is, The CW isn’t offered in HD (only SD) on my channel package.
It’s a shame in the year 2023 you can’t even get your ACC team on television to watch. Don’t get CW provider so have no way to watch the game. Pitiful

It’s a shame in the year 2023 you can’t even get your ACC team on television to watch. Don’t get CW provider so have no way to watch the game. Pitiful
I feel your pain, it seems like this happened to me a few times last year where I was stuck with Paul Rogers. Luckily so far this season I've had all the channels that broadcast our games. If we keep winning hopefully we'll get elevated to better networks and times for our last few games.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this team performs with the bullseye on their backs. It's a true road game against an opponent that has nothing to lose. Beating a Top 25 team in Louisville would make their season. And it also gets them back in the distant hunt for a Bowl game.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this team performs with the bullseye on their backs. It's a true road game against an opponent that has nothing to lose. Beating a Top 25 team in Louisville would make their season. And it also gets them back in the distant hunt for a Bowl game.
True, we’re not sneaking up on anyone for the rest of the year. But…Pit to a bowl game….just not seeing it.

True, we’re not sneaking up on anyone for the rest of the year. But…Pit to a bowl game….just not seeing it.
Agree. But if they did beat us they'd go from complete flatline to the barest of Bowl pulses. They'd have to spring at least 1 more major upset to really go.

I have YouTube TV which includes the CW, all local channels and just about anything else you might want (including unlimited DVR and recording six programs at once) for less than $80 per month. Plus, unlike Netflix, they allow you to share you account. So, find a friend or family member who might want to split the cost with you. You just need a high speed internet connection. Probably 200 mps will do it.

I have YouTube TV which includes the CW, all local channels and just about anything else you might want (including unlimited DVR and recording six programs at once) for less than $80 per month. Plus, unlike Netflix, they allow you to share you account. So, find a friend or family member who might want to split the cost with you. You just need a high speed internet connection. Probably 200 mps will do it.
I have YouTube tv also. Not on my local channel

The local channels I have aren’t carrying it.
I have YouTube TV and CW is included. You might want to go to YouTube TV on line with your computer, tablet or phone and log in. You can find all the avail channels there and you can even arrange them so your channel guide appears in the order you like.

Reactions: Mayoman
I most likely don’t live where you live. CW isn’t carried on all national channels locally, and in my case not carried on any.

I remember that Pitt was encouraging the other BE schools to stick together while they were secretly plotting to jump to the ACC. I’ll never forget their treachery. I hope we beat them by 80 - and score just one more TD on the last play.

• Haha
Reactions: BPGhost and Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT