ADVERTISEMENT

UofL, Petrino and 2015/16 success has UofL fans salivating...

cardstud1

5000+
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2006
UofL FB will hit the road humming in 2015/16. UofL is not a bottom feeder and was elected to the Atlantic Division for its successes in FB. FSU and Clemson both had a say-so in this decision. UofL has surprised all in the ACC to every ones delight and continuing endeavors. But, will the Cards sink, maintain, or continue to progress in its Football expectations!

Why I think the Football Cards will continue to climb in the conference rankings hinges on UofL's goals, expectations,and preparations...long term and short term. With the former HC Charlie Strong's sandbagging of tremendous talent and AD Tom Jurich's foresight in bringing back HC Bobby Petrino, UofL has ensured that she will be relevant in the forth-coming 2015 season and in the long-term seasons.

I expect CBP to keep building with what we have, and the success he has had in the past dictates, none-the-less with this endeavor and my reasons are listed below:

The Coaching continuity remains intact, which is a tremendous advantage and stabilization with the Cardinal team. HC Bobby Petrino has reflected this himself. Many teams reflect that their successes and failures are based on this relevant fact.

Secondly, preparation! UofL has one of the best Head Coach that money can buy in Bobby Petrino! He is well versed with the Pro-style NFL Offense tutored by his father at Carroll Co., Mointana and running the triple option there and now arranges his teams talents and abilities around his Qback. In Petrino's 1st year with the ACC his team went 9-4 even with the use of 3 Qbacks because on injuries. In 2003, Petrino while in the C-USA garnered the same statistics (9-4) and never relented statistically in the forgoing seasons. In fact his team went 11-1 in 2006 with a a win over Wake Forrest in the Orange Bowl and a 2nd half loss away from playing in the NCAA Nationals.

Petrino takes his teams talent and experiences and elevates their play to his expectations and perfections, regardless of player rankings and assisted by OC Garrick Mcgee. Petrino has his well proven system that he recruits to and produces. In 2014 season UofL came within 6 points of beating Clemson...at Clemson, and very nearly upsetting FSU at home and this in UofL's 1st year in the ACC.

Thirdly, UofL procured Defensive Coordinator Todd Grantham from UGa and prooved that he was worth the $1 Mil. dollar yearly contract with having a #6 National Defensive Unit and assisted by LD Scott (DL). Yes, the Cards lost a whooping 11 players off the 2014 team, but they lost three #1 players off the Defense in 2013, as well as its #1 pick Qback Teddy Bridgewater and still had a 9-4 2014 season. And the 2015 season expects to be no different with its experienced players...only Petrino and co. now have another year and a leg up!

Fourth, the Cards get Clemson and UVa.at PJCS and FSU at their house only no Qback Jameis Winston. Yes, Wr Parker isn't coming through the door, but the Cards do have Wr. James Quick and his coharts and another year to prep the young O-Line. The Cards Qbacks are not as dire as one expects. Wil Gardner will be back, and severely pushing him is Reggie Bonnavon, a duel threat and multitalented Kyle Bolin, both very abled and gifted Qbacks with an additional year under their belts and they under Bobby Petrino's tutelage...incredible!

Cardinal fans are tending to be apprehensive in 2015, because they think because CCS has left so has the talent level, but nothing could be further from the truth. Fact is CBP and Gratham have recruited very well and filled positions vacated. The Cardinals stanch defensive strength will be the front 7 backed by a proven LBr core under LD Scotts care.. The only percieved weakness is the CBs and that has been strengthed also under Terrell Buckley tutelage. Wrinkles and schemes have been added in and 2015 will be great Bring the season on...I'm ready for some fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: beasleythecard
Development of the linebackers and how they seal the edges along with the defensive ends will be a key to our season. Late last year the better teams exposed that weakness and ran it with success on us. The additions will help as well as the redshirts from last season that are stronger.

This summer is important for us to get the new guys in the weight room and in the playbook.

We will never be any national writers favorite, but the role of underdog fits us. Auburn has a championship caliber team with national respect. Bobby relishes these games and it would be a shot in the arm to go to Georgia and leave with a win. I am sure Bobby will use that as motivation with the team and have them ready to play their best.

This is indeed a very important season for us to take the next step up, but I think we will be ready to answer the bell.

if Reggie is our QB.. uh oh,... I could be wrong, but I just don't see it.

CBP will have his QB selected and prepped by season start! See CBP success with Off. and QBs! Plus Reggie was in his HS Freshman year and Kyle coming off of surgery! And don't forget Wils injury! I remember in 2003 Bobby had only Rascotti ans Stephen Lefors slotted as QBs and Stephen won out as QB and wasn't even picked out as a star raring from Louisiana and went 8 - 4 that year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT