ADVERTISEMENT

Uk, Mitch Barnhart Named In Lawsuit

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
A lawsuit has been filed by a former UK assistant swim/dive coach and a former UK swimmer against Athletic director
@UKMitchBarnhart, @universityofky, former swim/dive coach Gary Conelly, and the most recent swim/dive coach Lars Jorgensen.

The plaintiffs allege Jorgensen groomed and raped them and #UKAthletics were aware of the complaints, adding the school aggressively discouraged victims from filing reports with the Title IX office because it would be "pointless."

Not easy to toss a civil lawsuit that includes potential criminality. If this is supported by facts, it will have far reaching consequences for Barnhart and UK.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
If this happened at UofL, every TV station in town would be camped out in front of The Thinker statue. Timmy Sullivan, Bozo, and Pat Forde would be sticking cameras and mics in front of every student on campus. I have yet to hear about any of this on local media. Only the manufactured love fest for Mark Pope…

If this happened at UofL, every TV station in town would be camped out in front of The Thinker statue. Timmy Sullivan, Bozo, and Pat Forde would be sticking cameras and mics in front of every student on campus. I have yet to hear about any of this on local media. Only the manufactured love fest for Mark Pope…
WLKY ran a story yesterday.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Eric Crawford finally did a story about it around noon today, but you are right. Our local media is useless. They are too busy on twitter sharing Pitino's youtube videos to care about reporting on a major scandal at a state University.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
Mitch should have learned from the Penn State scandal that the coverup guys will face jailtime but at the school, the beat goes on. I guess it's so engrained into these guys to protect the program at all costs that they lose sight of when it's time to report and deal with the serious problems. They may cover up so many issues big and small it must all start to look the same to them and they become numb to it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT