ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans think the battle is over since Cal is signing a "contract"

ACCCard

800+
Nov 23, 2012
Fans crack me up sometimes. Contracts mean nothing other than the coach just ran the price up on his next employer. Every guy worth anything has left his job "under contract". Like say Charlie Strong, Bobby Petrino etc.

Reactions: pervisl
I find it funny that they think he's worth it. But they very well could have the most players drafted in a year. Could be the greatest day in uk bball history. :)

Reactions: ACCCard
What battle? Calipari isn't going to leave Lexington, but the mere fact Barnhardt is paranoid enough to think he might and throw more money at him is hilarious. If only he cared that much about football.

One trick pony school. Always has been. Always will be.

I'm not sure. What dosage are we talking about?
Lol.....I need to proofread more instead of leaving it up to a computer. Tough getting old. Doesn't your AD award your coaches for their success. Why can't Mitch do it.

Well, you said, "coaches". As in, more than one coach.

So to answer your question, Mitch can't do it because no other coach at UK is having success...
Ok Mr. Specific. Has your AD awarded your men's basketball coach for being successful despite being 8-1 vs your instate rival. Why can't our AD reward his men's basketball coach for his success especially considering what he's done vs his instate rival. Don't be mad, you asked for it.

You generally reward someone for exceeding expectations. I'm not sure Calipari has done that. Yes for recruiting, no for coaching and year end expectations vs. where they should have ended up.

Ok Mr. Specific. Has your AD awarded your men's basketball coach for being successful despite being 8-1 vs your instate rival. Why can't our AD reward his men's basketball coach for his success especially considering what he's done vs his instate rival. Don't be mad, you asked for it.

No our AD rewards our coaches for overall success. So is winning a single game in December really all that important in the grand scheme of things? I'll just quote our head coach by saying, "Yes, it is a game we would like to win because it's usually against a ranked team. Beyond that, it means very little in regards to the season as a whole." To me, it has no meaning other than a chance to shut the pie holes of a few blue knuckleheads for a little while. I prefer championships over rivalry wins. Well looky there! We happen to own the most recent one around here. Enjoy your meaningless win streak.

Titty sprinkles for winning a few rivalry games. Money should be saved for actually accomplishing something important besides winning the recruiting wars and making the NBA draft the greatest day in UK history. We have overacheived most years under Rick and uk has underachieved most years under Cal..including this past season regardles of how high you pile that manure about it being something more than a failure.

You generally reward someone for exceeding expectations. I'm not sure Calipari has done that. Yes for recruiting, no for coaching and year end expectations vs. where they should have ended up.[
No our AD rewards our coaches for overall success. So is winning a single game in December really all that important in the grand scheme of things? I'll just quote our head coach by saying, "Yes, it is a game we would like to win because it's usually against a ranked team. Beyond that, it means very little in regards to the season as a whole." To me, it has no meaning other than a chance to shut the pie holes of a few blue knuckleheads for a little while. I prefer championships over rivalry wins. Well looky there! We happen to own the most recent one around here. Enjoy your meaningless win streak.

Titty sprinkles for winning a few rivalry games. Money should be saved for actually accomplishing something important besides winning the recruiting wars and making the NBA draft the greatest day in UK history. We have overacheived most years under Rick and uk has underachieved most years under Cal..including this past season regardles of how high you pile that manure about it being something more than a failure.
Every program and their fans want to win the championship as well as beat their instate rival. Your fans want it, Cat fans want it, Duke, Michigan State, Kansas fans all want it, even Eastern and Western Ky fans want it. Only one team wins it and it's not always the best team because it is such a crap shot. Both of our teams have experienced that.

So by Rick over achieving and not wining the tourney that makes it any different. Every good coach and every good team that gets beat in the tourney has failed in your eyes. Where is the fan enjoyment in that. For me the NCAA tournament is just gravy that extends the season and adds to the enjoyment of following your team. Making the final four is exciting for the team's and their fans. The Cats (and Cards) have been beat in the final four more then they have won it all regardless of what kind of team they had. Nobody is gona win them all.
The drawback is how big of a business and revenue generator it has turned into. All collage basketball can fall into that statement. Team, league and tournament revenue contracts from TV or other sources drive the game and the season to where they want it to go. All the best teams become sacrificial lambs during the season to generate revenue.

Last edited:
Dose your AD award your coaches for their success. Just wondering.
Our AD does indeed award our coaches for their success it's included in their contracts. I'm sure that Calipari has the same clauses in his contract, they are called incentive clauses. What your AD is doing is more like "BACKMAIL" money in hopes of trying to keep Calipari from leaving......there my blue hole is the rub, so to speak!

Our AD does indeed award our coaches for their success it's included in their contracts. I'm sure that Calipari has the same clauses in his contract, they are called incentive clauses. What your AD is doing is more like "BACKMAIL" money in hopes of trying to keep Calipari from leaving......there my blue hole is the rub, so to speak!
Thanks for the insight my red hole. .....lol (whats fair is fair) Sounds like some thing any AD would do under those circumstances including UofL' s.

Thanks for the insight my red hole. .....lol (whats fair is fair) Sounds like some thing any AD would do under those circumstances including UofL' s.
Holes only exist in blue boo boo, and it's only your foolish small minded AD who would think that he could out bid an NBA owner ! But we'll see in the coming days or maybe even in the next few hours if his BLACKMAIL cash deal to Calipari works......sleep tight tonight with the rest of your blue hole buddies.

So to answer your question, Mitch can't do it because no other coach at UK is having success...

Do you know how easy this statement is to prove false? Takes about two minutes over on ESPN.com.

Do you realize how stupid this statement is? It takes about two minutes on ESPN.com to prove this false. UK also beat ul in the Capital One cup 3 of the last four years. Not trying to argue but I think you guys try to say things enough so others will believe you without having to know the truth. Tell me where I'm wrong other than the random "we couldn't care less" after bringing it up.

LOl..our AD awarded our coach for graduating players, being the most profitable team in college basketball...your current football coach got rewarded and is 0-2 vs. UL and 0-1 vs. WKU.

Reactions: catmasterson
I just don't know why Cal would come back. He is HOF coach now. He has a championship. He has to play another year of uncompetitive basketball in the SEC (though it will be better-couldn't get worse!). He is under the scrutiny and microscope of a frustrated and disappointed fan base that is going to moan and wail incessantly with each loss (there will be many more than one next year). He is losing unprecedented number of recruiting battles. I think he knows it is likely a downhill slide now and the dude is too smart and too slick to not know when to get out.

For me the NCAA tournament is just gravy

Nobody is gona win them all.​

Oh bull$hit. I'm sure those big wins over Mississippi St, Georgia and Auburn mean sooooo much more to you than the Big Dance. Sell that somewhere else; no one here buys it. You idiots were all in for "#9!!!!" this year and you fell short. Spare me the "just gravy" crap.

Last edited:
article-1205621-06051A24000005DC-330_233x359.jpg

i would think that ul fans would want Coach Calipari to stay at uk, since the consensus of ul fans is he is not a good coach and certainly not worth a salary on a par with patino. why would ul fans want him replaced with a coach who might turn out to be better than him and might more consistently get to f4s and win more nat'l championships? he's only won one title and seven meaningless games vs ul.

Last edited:
i would think that ul fans would want calipari to stay at uk, since the consensus of ul fans is he is not a good coach and certainly not worth a salary on a par with Coach Pitino. why would ul fans want him replaced with a coach who might turn out to be better than him and might more consistently get to f4s and win more nat'l championships? he's only won one title and seven meaningless games vs ul.
I'd be cool with Cal sticking around because you two deserve each other. It's a marriage made in a gutter. A scumbag at the cheatingest program in the nation. It's like Cal and uk are soul mates. But I'd also like to see him leave because his corruption of the college game is spreading like genital warts in a Russian brothel.

Not really sure which I'd prefer the most but no matter where Cal is....I dispise the creature. He was a low life at UMass, he was a low life at Memphis and he's still a low life today. uk just enhanced his worst attributes. But what's the funniest part about all this is uk fans love him for the reasons you hated him before he got there.
Flippin irony at it's best. Stay classy uk.

Well they bought into the platoon system, hook line and sinker. So let them believe whatever it is they think they know.

i would think that ul fans would want Coach Calipari to stay at uk, since the consensus of ul fans is he is not a good coach and certainly not worth a salary on a par with patino. why would ul fans want him replaced with a coach who might turn out to be better than him and might more consistently get to f4s and win more nat'l championships? he's only won one title and seven meaningless games vs ul.
I mean he's bound to get UK NCAA sanctions the longer he stays right? He'll never get past the Final Four with his piss poor coaching. I can't imagine why the Redbirds wouldn't want him to stay.

I mean he's bound to get UK NCAA sanctions the longer he stays right? He'll never get past the Final Four with his piss poor coaching. I can't imagine why the Redbirds wouldn't want him to stay.
Yeah for a blue hole you make sense, I want cal to stay at uk for all the reasons that you listed❗️ Glad that you've could to realize what a blow hole blue hole your coach truly is, congrats.....not bad for a blue hole❗️You blue pussies might not be totally dumb blue holes after all ‼️ LMAO

*** Watch yourself ClockCalamity. You have entered disrespectful territory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... You HAD to of graduated from UofL... Moms and Pops must be real proud! LOL!
No, actually I got my undergraduate degrees from Ga. Tech, my graduate degrees from The University of California Berkeley and MIT respectively. And yes both of my parents were very proud of me (they have since pasted on) also just as proud of my sister and brother as well ! I don't have to even wonder if your parents are proud of you at all, you're the typical blue mindless twit blue hole with nothing in your miserable life but uk basketball. A real message board clown with nothing worthwhile to add to any discussion here! So I'm hitting the ignore button on you because you're so deep in that blue hole you're just a total lost blue idiotic loser !!!
11181814_699287006846270_8425486250642835633_n.jpg

Typical blue hole loser in front of his desk top posting
useless post after post......yeah your folks are real proud
of you !!!

Last edited:
Did you notice both of those coaches mentioned left UL and not Kentucky. Maybe that speaks more about the school than it does the coaches.

Not a valid comparison. I am trying to remember the last time that a UK Football coach left because he was wanted by another team. It has been a looooooooong time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT