ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans mock us this is absurdity

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Mark Stoops is 66-59 at UK. I'm as surprised as you that he's over .500.
He's 32-50 in the SEC and has produced TWO winning conference seasons in 10 years.

Team by team conference record.
Florida - 3-7
South Carolina - 7-3
Missouri - 7-3
Vanderbilt - 8-2
Tennessee - 2-8
Georgia - 0-10
Mississippi State - 4-6
Ole Miss - 0-3
Alabama - 0-3
LSU - 1-1
Auburn 0-1
Arkansas - 1-0
Texas A&M - 0-1
Louisville - 5-4

Non Conference History
Western Kentucky
Miami of Ohio
Alabama State
UT Martin - Twice
Ohio University
Louisiana Monroe
Louisiana Lafayette
EKU - Twice
Charlotte
Southern Miss – Twice
New Mexico State - Twice
Austin Peay
Eastern Michigan
Central Michigan
Murray State
Middle Tennessee State
Toledo
Eastern Michigan
Louisiana Monroe
Chattanooga
Miami of Ohio
Youngstown State
Northern Illinois

He’s 25-2 in these games.

He's 8-23 vs ranked teams.
He's 16-30 in road games.

Now you could probably do this with any coach. But if you're keeping track at home this means that if you do the math 33 - exactly 50% of his total wins come from non-conference cupcakes and Vanderbilt. The only program in the SEC worse than them. Even if you consider that UT and UF have been as they've ever been during his entire tenure - his record is still 5-15 against them. He has built his ENTIRE career at UK on:
- Louisville being in constant rebuilding mode
- Always scheduling 3 guaranteed wins in the non-conference.
- Going 4-0 in the non-conference
- Beating Vandy, Missouri and South Carolina every year.

47 of his 66 career wins are against cake non-conference teams, Vanderbilt, Missouri and South Carolina. Against that group of teams he's 47-10. Against everyone else he's 19-49

Mark Stoops is 66-59 at UK. I'm as surprised as you that he's over .500.
He's 32-50 in the SEC and has produced TWO winning conference seasons in 10 years.

Team by team conference record.
Florida - 3-7
South Carolina - 7-3
Missouri - 7-3
Vanderbilt - 8-2
Tennessee - 2-8
Georgia - 0-10
Mississippi State - 4-6
Ole Miss - 0-3
Alabama - 0-3
LSU - 1-1
Auburn 0-1
Arkansas - 1-0
Texas A&M - 0-1
Louisville - 5-4

Non Conference History
Western Kentucky
Miami of Ohio
Alabama State
UT Martin - Twice
Ohio University
Louisiana Monroe
Louisiana Lafayette
EKU - Twice
Charlotte
Southern Miss – Twice
New Mexico State - Twice
Austin Peay
Eastern Michigan
Central Michigan
Murray State
Middle Tennessee State
Toledo
Eastern Michigan
Louisiana Monroe
Chattanooga
Miami of Ohio
Youngstown State
Northern Illinois

He’s 25-2 in these games.

He's 8-23 vs ranked teams.
He's 16-30 in road games.

Now you could probably do this with any coach. But if you're keeping track at home this means that if you do the math 33 - exactly 50% of his total wins come from non-conference cupcakes and Vanderbilt. The only program in the SEC worse than them. Even if you consider that UT and UF have been as they've ever been during his entire tenure - his record is still 5-15 against them. He has built his ENTIRE career at UK on:
- Louisville being in constant rebuilding mode
- Always scheduling 3 guaranteed wins in the non-conference.
- Going 4-0 in the non-conference
- Beating Vandy, Missouri and South Carolina every year.

47 of his 66 career wins are against cake non-conference teams, Vanderbilt, Missouri and South Carolina. Against that group of teams he's 47-10. Against everyone else he's 19-49
That's why i laugh at them and the media for giving him all this credit without really paying attention to the actual teams . Yeah they are improved on the field but heck he is what the longest tenured coach in the SEC. So yell they should have better play on the field. As Florida and Tenn as you stated have been in flux over the years . And Napier gonna have them rolling sooner rather than later.

That's why i laugh at them and the media for giving him all this credit without really paying attention to the actual teams . Yeah they are improved on the field but heck he is what the longest tenured coach in the SEC. So yell they should have better play on the field. As Florida and Tenn as you stated have been in flux over the years . And Napier gonna have them rolling sooner rather than later.
There is absolutely no denying that Mark Stoops has changed the perception of UK football. For whatever reason Barnhart has given him a blank check and they've invested millions into the program and staff over the last decade. Stoops embraced the "win at all cost" SEC mentality and brought on kids tossed out of other programs, dismissed run ins with the law and generally has done whatever it took to get talent on the field. UK football is in a place its never been. But.....the perception that the fans and a lot of the media have is that Stoops is a miracle worker and an amazing coach.

If we were to tier the SEC (including Texas and Oklahoma) historically we could put teams into 4 tiers:

Tier 1: Florida/UGA/UT/Bama/LSU/Texas/Oklahoma
Tier 2: Auburn/Texas A&M/Ole Miss
Tier 3: Arkansas/Mississippi State/South Carolina/Missouri
Tier 4: Vandy/UK

Stoops has elevated them to Tier 3 status. They're certainly the worst team on that tier but UK is still is a bottom 5 program in their own conference. Stoops has made UK respectable and has some good wins and while its unfair to say its smoke and mirrors - its not entirely what it seems. His record against the 8 current members I listed in the top 2 tiers is 6-34. Those 6 wins?

Tennessee 2017 (4-8) - Butch Jones is fired
Tennessee 2020 (3-7) - Jeremy Pruitt is fired
LSU 2021 - (6-7) - Ed Ogeron is fired
Florida 2018 - (10-3) Dan Mullen's first season
Florida 2021 - (6-7) Dan Mullen fired
Florida 2022 - (6-7) Billy Napier's first season

4 out of the 6 times UK has beaten a top tier team - that coach was fired the same season and in all 6 instances the coach was either fired the same year or it was the first year for a new coach.

of his 32 conference wins:
20 of them were against teams that finished the season with a losing record.
5 of them were against teams that finished with 8+ wins.
2 of them were against teams that finished with 9 wins.
1 of them was against a team that finished with 10 wins.
He has beaten two SEC teams that finished the season with a winning conference record.

When they won 10 games in 2021 the only two teams they beat that year that finished the season with a winning record were: 6-5 Chattanooga and 7-6 South Carolina.

When you really start digging into his record its absolutely astonishing that he's gotten the contract he's gotten. Its crazy to think that if you just took Missouri and South Carolina off his resume he'd have 100% already been fired and instead he's signed one of the most insane contracts in college football.

This doesn't even factor in the fact that EVERY year they're decent he's racked up a bad loss.
2022 - Loses to Vanderbilt at home. Gets absolutely demolished by UT.
2021 - Came in 6-1 and then loses back to back games against Miss State and UT teams that finished 7-6
2020 - Weren't good, no really bad losses.
2019 - Loses back to back games vs Miss State and Carolina. Both finished w/losing records
2018 - Was 7-2 and lost to a UT team that finished 5-7
2017 - Lost to a UF team at home that finished 4-7
2016 - Opened the season losing to Southern Miss.
2015 - Lost to Vanderbilt
2014 - Weren't good, no really bad losses.
2013 - Open his tenure losing to WKU.

They can do whatever they want. But it’s time for us to start beating him. He’s won 5 of 6 against us. Different coaches and teams. 4 of those 5 we’ve been bowl eligible. Even early on when we had a huge talent advantage, he had them competitive against us. Only 2017 was a year we dominated them.

I think he’s perfect for that job as no one good will ever come there and he’s competing against teams with better talent every week.

But again, that’s them and not us. We can hate him and make all the same comments they made about us when we were dominating them, but as of right now we’ve been his b***** since 2018.

I don’t care about the “well we weren’t that good so the wins don’t count” stuff. We have to take back that Cup from him.

Jeff has some motivation too. The last time he called plays against them in the Cup, his offense with Hunter Cantwell got shut out. (He was OC under Bobby at WKU and beat them)

I’m tired of excuses. Every year now we sound more and more like THEY did 10 years ago. “Just wait until X Player leaves and they’ll go right back to the basement” or “things are changing and it will be different next year”

We have to beat them. Honestly it’s been a shadow over the program. Imagine if Scott had beaten them in 2019? Perception would’ve been much different. Just like Stoops, their fans applied pressure until he beat us and that changed his tenure. Bobby was universally loved on Day 1 for running up the score. Charlie was able to buy patience and time and beating them and then dominating them the next time got our fans to buy in.

Jeff knows what the game means for both sides.

Looks like your team is loaded talent wise, with a coach that loves the modern game. Cats will rely this year on a returning OC and a fragile if really talented QB. Also a beefed up defense that has questions in the middle, edge and secondary. Biggest question will be a Kentucky offensive line that allowed a monstrous 6 sacks a game and seemed lost all season.
Edge to you guys pre first snap.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcat40229
EKYCard for a historical bottom-feeder like UK, defeating the likes of Vandy, South Carolina, and Louisville is significant to their fans.

*UK lost five straight games to Vandy between 1991 and 1995.

*UK lost 10 straight to South Carolina between 2000 and 2009.

*UK lost 7 out of 8 games to Louisville between 1999 and 2006.

This is also a program that has suffered embarrassing losses in Lexington, including Louisiana-Monroe in 1994 and Ohio in 2004. In 2012, one year before Stoops arrived, Vandy rolled into Lexington and thumped UK 40-0. And let's not forget that Western Kentucky defeated UK in back-to-back seasons.

Yes, the rest of the college football world makes a half-hearted golf clap in recognition of Stoops' winning streaks or winning record against UL, Vandy, and SC. However, if you're a UK fan who has endured decades of lackluster football, you'd likely be happy to have success against ANY program

Last edited:
EKYCard for a historical bottom-feeder like UK, defeating the likes of Vandy, South Carolina, and Louisville is significant to their fans.

*UK lost five straight games to Vandy between 1991 and 1995.

*UK lost 10 straight to South Carolina between 2000 and 2009.

*UK lost 7 out of 8 games to Louisville between 1999 and 2006.

This is also a program that has suffered embarrassing losses in Lexington, including Louisiana-Monroe in 1994 and Ohio in 2004. In 2012, one year before Stoops arrived, Vandy rolled into Lexington and thumped UK 40-0. And let's not forget that Western Kentucky defeated UK in back-to-back seasons.

Yes, the rest of the college football world makes a half-hearted golf clap in recognition of Stoops' winning streaks or winning record against UL, Vandy, and SC. However, if you're a UK fan who has endured decades of lackluster football, you'd likely be happy to have success against ANY program
Dont forget that one bad call away from losing to EKU who they beat in OT........

Reactions: uoflcardsfan
Stoops should think about retiring at the end of the year.

Looking at their 2024 schedule, it looks like Miss St and Missouri got replaced by Texas and Auburn? I have a lot of trouble seeing how they can get to 6 wins.

Also, if you look at their recruiting, they finished in the bottom 4 or so of their league last year and that's abount where they are so far this year. HS recruiting isn't everything with the Portal, but it's still not a formula for great success.

I just don't see how UK can continue to stay in the middle of the pack of the SEC going forward much less challenge the top teams in their league.

Retire and get the statue now while you can.

I don't question the challenge before Stupes to keep winning. But there's no chance he's walking away from the balance of a $25 million contract. Not unless someone else is stupid enough to offer him a lot more...

Reactions: uoflcardsfan
I will be the first UK fan to admit that our record against the SEC as a whole is not very good. With that said, when Mark stoops took over UK, the facilities were terrible and it was very hard to recruit to UK as UK is the most northern school in the SEC.
To say Kentucky has not made made big strides under Stoops leadership in the last five years would be untrue.
Lastly, Kentucky has owned U Of L in football by winning five of the last six. UK has dominated U Of L in the last four years with a margin of victory of about 30 points per game. If U Of L is mocking, UK, over the last five years, they are also marking their own program. I hope both teams have a good season and we have a hard played very competitive game come November. Best of luck to U Of L with Brohm as your new coach.

I will be the first UK fan to admit that our record against the SEC as a whole is not very good. With that said, when Mark stoops took over UK, the facilities were terrible and it was very hard to recruit to UK as UK is the most northern school in the SEC.
To say Kentucky has not made made big strides under Stoops leadership in the last five years would be untrue.
Lastly, Kentucky has owned U Of L in football by winning five of the last six. UK has dominated U Of L in the last four years with a margin of victory of about 30 points per game. If U Of L is mocking, UK, over the last five years, they are also marking their own program. I hope both teams have a good season and we have a hard played very competitive game come November. Best of luck to U Of L with Brohm as your new coach.
Dude you just came here and threw a rock at a hornets nest. Best of luck to whatever comes your way.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
I am not trying to stir the pot. I remember quite clearly when U Of L dominated the series prior to UK taking the upper hand, I think U Of L will do great things under Brohm but just trying to point out UK has made great strides in the last five years with our facility upgrades and play on the field. Winning in the SEC against the juggernauts, such as Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Florida, Tennessee and etc. week in and week out would be difficult for any team to post a winning record. Do you think U Of L could have posted a winning record against that type of SEC competition over the last 10 years? Again, I am just talking about play against SEC teams not the non-conference Patsys we all schedule.
If I’m not mistaken, I believe the SEC has won five out of the last six national championships, which goes to my point of just how difficult it is to win in the SEC whoever that team might be.
Let’s hope we both have great seasons, and we have the best governors cup game ever coming up in this November. Peace be with you.

Investment in your football program has had little to do with Stupes. Your school simply cashes huge checks from the SEC, not unlike U of L is doing at the moment WRT the ACC.

If you want to convince me otherwise, what was your football revenue ex-SEC when Stupes took the job, and what is it now? Then I’ll net off his salary then and now.

Your success against U of L has not coincidentally come at the same time clowns have been in charge of U of L athletics. If Brohm can swim against this current, we’ll see how the next few years in this series go…

Investment in your football program has had little to do with Stupes. Your school simply cashes huge checks from the SEC, not unlike U of L is doing at the moment WRT the ACC.

If you want to convince me otherwise, what was your football revenue ex-SEC when Stupes took the job, and what is it now? Then I’ll net off his salary then and now.

Your success against U of L has not coincidentally come at the same time clowns have been in charge of U of L athletics. If Brohm can swim against this current, we’ll see how the next few years in this series go…
Amen!

A movement from bottom dweller to 3rd from the bottom isn’t something to write home about. Let alone have a statue.
ABSURDITY!!!

Stoops has made UK into an average team, nothing more, nothing less. They have won more bowls through luck and a little officiating help then any team imaginable.

Penn St, PSU scores all of its points in the last quarter after its QB wakes up from a 3 quarter slumber and UK hold on to win.

Virginia Tech, Tech was driving to ice the game with a couple of minutes left and an obvious pi wasn’t called on UK allowing them to get the ball back and win on the last play.

IOWA, Iowa had 2 drives to make 1 first down that would have iced the game but couldn’t convert on either.

NC St, don’t remember the specifics but that game went down to the wire.

Bottom line, UK’s bowl performance isn’t all that great imo. The win against Penn St was good even though it seemed like the PSU QB was on the take. The other wins are against teams Louisville has beaten with weak coaching. Patrino 2.0 and Satterfield are responsible for making UK look like a top 10 team with their poor game preparation and execution.

Stoops has made UK into an average team, nothing more, nothing less. They have won more bowls through luck and a little officiating help then any team imaginable.

Penn St, PSU scores all of its points in the last quarter after its QB wakes up from a 3 quarter slumber and UK hold on to win.

Virginia Tech, Tech was driving to ice the game with a couple of minutes left and an obvious pi wasn’t called on UK allowing them to get the ball back and win on the last play.

IOWA, Iowa had 2 drives to make 1 first down that would have iced the game but couldn’t convert on either.

NC St, don’t remember the specifics but that game went down to the wire.

Bottom line, UK’s bowl performance isn’t all that great imo. The win against Penn St was good even though it seemed like the PSU QB was on the take. The other wins are against teams Louisville has beaten with weak coaching. Patrino 2.0 and Satterfield are responsible for making UK look like a top 10 team with their poor game preparation and execution.
I’m gonna say you spend a little too much time watching those clowns lol

I remember when Louisville used to beat UK in football. Hopefully the Cards can get back to those days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT