ADVERTISEMENT

UK crowd

Whatever. I’ve been there every game and the upper levels are a ghost town. Ridiculous in a city this size with a past super star coming home to coach us. I don’t care what you think of me, but same situation in Lexington, and those yokels would be hanging off the edges. Louisville sports fans are as spoiled as they come.
Don’t act as though SuCk fans would be hanging off the edges that’s complete BS. That place was not full until recently and it’s still not full unless their playing a top ranked team.
But I’m not going to defend are weak ass fan base either

Don’t act as though SuCk fans would be hanging off the edges that’s complete BS. That place was not full until recently and it’s still not full unless their playing a top ranked team.
Full is full regardless of when. We might fill up with ND because ND has a huge following.

11:00 AM, September 30, 2023Coverage: ESPN
Lexington, KY
Line: UK -1.0
Over/Under: 44
odds-attribution-caesars-dark.svg

Attendance: 61,699

100%
CAPACITY: 61,000

There's only one group of uk fans who've stayed loyal since the Sonny Collins days and that's the Jefferson Co base.
Once they drop a few,the "fans " from out in the state will find something else to do on Saturdays. I couldn't tell you what. I can remember not long ago making jokes about buying tickets 2 for 5 at Kroger just like at the store.
Gonna take more than a minute to get back where we were. It started Friday and will hopefully continue this week.

A lot of these teams like Va Tech have nothing else to do in the towns they are located in. It is easy for them to draw well and stay to the end what else are they going to do in places like Blacksburg.

UK draws its football attendance from all over the Commonwealth, including Jefferson County. Conversely, most will agree that aside from some limited attraction in New Albany and Jeffersonville Indiana, and Oldham, Shelby, and Bullitt County in KY …….. there is virtually no attendance support for UL football outside of Jefferson Co.

Urban Universities like UC, Memphis, Vanderbilt, GT, Tulane, Miami, etc all struggle with attracting large attendance at football games for much of the same reasons that affect UL.

• Wow
Reactions: Mayoman
I usually don't track slapd!ck attendance because they're not a point of reference in football. But I also don't support the reasoning some U of L fans offer for our own. I use the term "excuses" when I sense that people are covering for underperformance.

If we hit 61,000 Saturday--a technical sellout--our season average will rise to 51,522 through three games. That would be pacing at the highest season attendance under the new regime; the current high is 50,251 in 2018.

IMO you have to treat a schedule with ND on it as an exception. 2019 is the last/only season ND appeared on a home schedule--it was the first of six home games--and we averaged 51,001 for the first three games. We finished that season at 49,913. This year, there are seven home games.

There have been five seasons where we averaged 50,000+ for a season, only one under the new regime (50,251 in 2018). A finish at 51,522 would be good for fourth place on the list of season high attendance.

This upcoming ND game will not springboard us back into the attendance range and operating financials from 2010-2016. We had a more consistent level of support, higher season ticket sales. We also had lower expenses in a smaller stadium with less football coaching payroll. I want Brohm's presence here to matter, and it already has. But the gap between now and where we used to be still exists...

Home attendance will fail to move the needle for UL football much one way or another. Winning will increase our TV exposure, and that is the way to advance the UL football model.

regrettably, there are simply not enough NDs or UKs on our schedule to attract attendance every week.

The thing is,despite the fact that the season ticket sales are only gonna go up so much every season,there are fans out here waiting to get on board and come to games. They may not gobble up thousands of season tickets in the upper deck,but they will gravitate towards L&N as the excitement of having a team that will compete for a playoff spot grows. Believe me,they're out here.

You have to know how to market to people sitting on the fence. Jeff Brohm will put a good product on the field, but that’s all he can do. There are ten thousand former season ticket holders out there who need to be re-recruited…

Peeling off the layers of big talk and bs on this thread, the truth is the stadium is too big for this fanbase.

UK has enjoyed a huge advantage over the years, as so many good SEC teams come to Lexington, like UF, LSU, UGA, UT, Auburn, Alabama and A&M all of who travel so well, and frankly bring opportunities for UK to beat a ranked team.

Conversely, ND to date is the only team on our schedule so far that remotely compares to the aforementioned SEC opponents in terms of traveling and ranking. No coincidence the stadium is sold out.
First I am trying to tell if you are trying to insult us or not. Louisville has always tried to schedule “ bigger name” programs. We have tried to schedule The OSU and others but they wanted to treat us like a D2 school and not wanting to gives us a home and home series. Hats off to then Tom Jurich for not letting those schools piss on our heads. UK only plays those teams because they are in the SEC. By your logic playing those teams year in and year out should have made UK better. Last I checked we have played in bigger bowls than UK since the start of the BCS era.

Peeling off the layers of big talk and bs on this thread, the truth is the stadium is too big for this fanbase.
It's too big for the people currently at U of L to fill.

The fanbase per se has the potential to fill it. We used to regularly average north of 50K in a stadium that seated 55K.

Filling that last 10% separates the amateurs from the professionals...

It's too big for the people currently at U of L to fill.

The fanbase per se has the potential to fill it. We used to regularly average north of 50K in a stadium that seated 55K.

Filling that last 10% separates the amateurs from the professionals...
A majority of the fanbase is waiting for 5 dollar tickets like the red and white scrimmage or they’ll never attend a game.

A majority of the fanbase is waiting for 5 dollar tickets like the red and white scrimmage or they’ll never attend a game.
Actually,they're waiting for the product to get back to what it was. Too many other things going on in the city to get behind mediocrity. Plenty of blue collar types where I live just haven't been enthused about pouring their hard earned dollars into mediocrity.
It's the same in Lexington,except for that core of Jefferson County fans who've never wavered. Thank you JB. No BS here..

Reactions: Sioux Falls Eric
Actually,they're waiting for the product to get back to what it was. Too many other things going on in the city to get behind mediocrity. Plenty of blue collar types where I live just haven't been enthused about pouring their hard earned dollars into mediocrity.
It's the same in Lexington,except for that core of Jefferson County fans who've never wavered. Thank you JB. No BS here..
BS. If getting their beloved son back as head coach won’t fill the stadium it’s not going to happen. ND will be as good as it gets then back to normal.

• Haha
Reactions: earsky
You have to know how to market to people sitting on the fence. Jeff Brohm will put a good product on the field, but that’s all he can do. There are ten thousand former season ticket holders out there who need to be re-recruited…
I’m no marketing expert, but they might try lowering prices.

Agree. Gotta be there to criticize

First I am trying to tell if you are trying to insult us or not. Louisville has always tried to schedule “ bigger name” programs. We have tried to schedule The OSU and others but they wanted to treat us like a D2 school and not wanting to gives us a home and home series. Hats off to then Tom Jurich for not letting those schools piss on our heads. UK only plays those teams because they are in the SEC. By your logic playing those teams year in and year out should have made UK better. Last I checked we have played in bigger bowls than UK since the start of the BCS era.
The point of the exchange is NOT about getting better; it’s about attendance! I am not insulting anyone, as I know better than anyone on this site about UL attempting to schedule the best of the best …… it why Schnellenberger left UL; he felt like we would be limited in who we could schedule. Remember we went to Columbus twice and scared the Buckeyes to death, before they ended the series.

My point is not an opinion, it’s just a fact ……. Each season UK fans show up for UGA, UF, Alabama, LSU; despite losing virtually every year.

Made entire forum about UK’s crowd and kept talking about Kentucky the entire time. It seems little brother is completely obsessed with big blue 😂🤣

Made entire forum about UK’s crowd and kept talking about Kentucky the entire time. It seems little brother is completely obsessed with big blue 😂🤣
Glad you've got something to smile about today 😅

“Obsessed” would be a yut fan coming on a UofL board to mouth off after yesterday. To recap - UofL stays undefeated by a dominating win over a top 10 ND while the yuts get humiliatingly teabagged to start their slide back into sec East mediocrity.

Run along little buddy.

Obviously an intellectual exchange about inter-state fan attendance exceeds a pUKe fan’s ability to contribute in a meaningful way ……imagine that?

Reactions: Mayoman
There weren't even that many Notre Dame fans there
There were a TON of Irish fans there. I saw them walking to the stadium (from the fairgrounds), I saw them going through security and the entrance gates, i saw them all over the concourse in the Flight Deck, and I saw them filling the stands from my seats in the Flight Deck. They were LOUD and there was MANY.

For the naysayers, there will never be a true sellout because every seat will never be filled. There will always be thousands of fans standing either on the party deck, in concession lines, or in the various lounge areas. Regardless of how many tickets are sold or scanned, naysayers will always be able to say “I saw empty seats”. Exceptions will always be the life blood of the skeptics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT