ADVERTISEMENT

UK crowd

troll GIF

UK has enjoyed a huge advantage over the years, as so many good SEC teams come to Lexington, like UF, LSU, UGA, UT, Auburn, Alabama and A&M all of who travel so well, and frankly bring opportunities for UK to beat a ranked team.

Conversely, ND to date is the only team on our schedule so far that remotely compares to the aforementioned SEC opponents in terms of traveling and ranking. No coincidence the stadium is sold out.

Reactions: CardX
We’ll see if the flight deck is full #1…#2 Boston College should have been full but it will never happen in this city.
It’s happened before. Happening again in 7 days. I’m not just saying it’s a sellout for good health. Tickets are gone. The tickets Notre Dame returned were rapidly gobbled up.

UK has enjoyed a huge advantage over the years, as so many good SEC teams come to Lexington, like UF, LSU, UGA, UT, Auburn, Alabama and A&M all of who travel so well, and frankly bring opportunities for UK to beat a ranked team.

Conversely, ND to date is the only team on our schedule so far that remotely compares to the aforementioned SEC opponents in terms of traveling and ranking. No coincidence the stadium is sold out.
Competition matters. Saban gets on his fan base when they don’t show for La Tech.

It’s happened before. Happening again in 7 days. I’m not just saying it’s a sellout for good health. Tickets are gone. The tickets Notre Dame returned were rapidly gobbled up.
Tickets sold aren’t butts in seats you do understand how that works right?

Before everyone starts crowning UK world champions, UF has one road win during their last 17 away games. There’s no reason for Florida to suck that bad.
I mean there’s 2 thoughts to the extreme.

They win and people proclaim they’re so good and we don’t stand a chance. But then there’s people that will say they’re the worst team ever and their opponents are terrible and we’ll win by 50.

They’re a solid team. They’re not a title contender, but they’re solid. They have some talent. It won’t be easy, but we’re good too and can win.

We play them in November. I’ll focus on them when we get there.

Reactions: blueskidmark
I mean there’s 2 thoughts to the extreme.

They win and people proclaim they’re so good and we don’t stand a chance. But then there’s people that will say they’re the worst team ever and their opponents are terrible and we’ll win by 50.

They’re a solid team. They’re not a title contender, but they’re solid. They have some talent. It won’t be easy, but we’re good too and can win.

We play them in November. I’ll focus on them when we get there.
The point of my post was more about UF's dubious road record, but any chance I get to dis UK, I'll take it.

I hate Kentucky,

But next weekend you’ll have 2 teams from our state that are 5-0 and playing in the 2 biggest games of the day in Primetime. Our crowd will be front and center.

In all honesty, I love when the game has 2 good teams. Although we lost in 2007 and 2016, something about the atmosphere of the game when both teams are good just feels right.

Rivalry games get eyeballs and helps both programs with recruiting. Bigger ratings make you more attractive to TV execs and sponsors. Recruits tuning in wanting to play in that game is what you’re after.

I couldn’t be there because I was playing small college football at the time but I had a brother at the FSU game in 2016 that can confirm that atmosphere was about as good as it gets. It is possible with this fan base but it’s just not going to happen all the time

The ESPN Network is a huge cheerleader for SEC sports, and if you watched the telecast and listened to the commentators, you would have thought that UK had filled Commonwealth (Kroger) Stadium and their fans had replaced Michigan as the place to be on Saturday.

While almost all of the live crowd action was focused on the white out section where the students sit, there were a few camera scans where you could see empty seats. Not disputing a nice turn-out, but there were no shows there, just like at UL games.

Gator fans are the first to acknowledge they have lost their place in the SEC football hierarchy.

Talking about dedicated fans it’s not SuCk, because their house isn’t full when they SuCk.
Now VT packs 80,000 in their stadium when their 0-3. And they do it every game and they stay!
Our fan base is what it is. We have the 30,000-35,000 dedicated fans. The rest are casual and that’s a fact. They are the excuse fans. You know them it’s to hot, to cold, it’s going to rain, it’s to sunny. The team were playing sucks, the competition is weak, to expensive. Got to leave early to get home ten minutes sooner then everyone else.
Don’t defend them, just accept it.

Reactions: bigloucards
“Fan” creates post complaining about attendance while showing fealty to UK fans and yet is selling tix in Section 246 for $300 per ticket. Sheesh.

Won’t be surprised when said “fan” is complaining that there were Notre Dame fans sitting in the 200 level.
ND fans are getting in rather you like it or not. Also it’s okay for the university to hammer fans with high prices and fees but a fan can’t get a return on his money? 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Rollem Cards
You can do what you want but you’re pissing on the fans and the team while you are trying pawn your tickets is weak.
Whatever. I’ve been there every game and the upper levels are a ghost town. Ridiculous in a city this size with a past super star coming home to coach us. I don’t care what you think of me, but same situation in Lexington, and those yokels would be hanging off the edges. Louisville sports fans are as spoiled as they come.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT