ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Opens March 13

Very interested like everyone else to see what additional talent KP is able to pickup for next season… Yes, any talent he picks up will still need to gel and be coached.

I agree and contend that a better coached defense - offense aside - would have gotten this team 12 to 15 wins this season in a “down” ACC. Very concerning.

Reactions: uoflcardsfan
The portal is wild and has completely changed the landscape of College Basketball. It really is similar to NBA Free Agency. It’s obviously different for multiple reasons…

For coaches, it can be a blessing and a curse. Ultimately, i think it has the biggest potential impact on incoming Freshman who may be overlooked for an experienced player. Coaches can look at and take on a proven player versus the risk of a “non-impact” (immediate) Freshman that may take 2 or 3 years to develop or who can or may decide to leave the following year.

Coaches can essentially make a decision and say - I don’t think this Freshman will have a high enough impact this year. Let him go to another school and still potentially “recruit” that same player the following year or when he is ready or does fit - If that makes any sense.

It’s just wild with so many layers.

Just an opinion, but the recent exodus of this UL roster is the only way that KP, and those who excuse his performance as HC, will ever prove it was more about the players he inherited than his own inability to coach.

I am skeptical, but I must admit that seeing those kids leaving UL is both welcomed, and the first indication to me that some quit early on.

Just look at Duke, UNC and UK this season for evidence that even having NBA talent alone will not insure success anymore.

Just an opinion, but the recent exodus of this UL roster is the only way that KP, and those who excuse his performance as HC, will ever prove it was more about the players he inherited than his own inability to coach.

I am skeptical, but I must admit that seeing those kids leaving UL is both welcomed, and the first indication to me that some quit early on.

Just look at Duke, UNC and UK this season for evidence that even having NBA talent alone will not insure success anymore.
Yes, but Fabio and Re were players that KP brought in who were the first to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT