ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight you saw what Jeff Brohm is all about. Sweet dreams…

This offense does have the capability to be a really good running team. The Oline will get better as they play more games together. 1st game against a team that has a good defense it was a pretty good outing.

The defense not sold they will be great. Everything GT got for 3 quarters, which wasn’t much, they earned. QB made some really good throws against good coverage. The run game was shut down. I am not sure they will be able to generate much pressure which is a concern. Pretty vanilla with their pressures.

The best thing they took their ass chewing and performed.

Thrash looks like a superstar in the making. Jordan made a great individual effort to break a tackle and then run away from everyone. We needed that TD, since our “prevent” defense almost prevented a UofL victory.

The best thing they took their ass chewing and performed.
We weren't sure if Plummer was going to be the guy that lead the comeback when we were stewing over some of the crap we saw happening in that first half. We were sure that Brohm was going to light a fire under their arses at halftime and they would respond.
I think he saved his pep speech for just that time. It is what this guy is all about.

What I saw last night was a young defense that needs to find its identity, just like last years team. I listened to Jeff’s pre game interview and he said he wanted to get everyone touches. It is clear to me that Jordan is a freaking stud, that can take the top off at the drop of a hat. Jeff was trying to keep the other backs engaged, but it is clear who should get the bulk of the snaps. I also noticed last night that, also from the interview Jeff said that he felt our receivers could overwhelm their secondary. When Jeff went five wide and with an empty backfield, I jumped out of my seat and started doing the Birdman hand rub because that is what I was waiting for all game. Even though I was critical of him last night, I see that Jake is a gun slinger. He can really spin it , when he gets hot. I don’t think dink and dunk passes get him going. I think it is play action and passes down field that get him in rhythm. We have until the Notre Damn game to figure it out and I a so ready for it. GO CARDS!

Brohm said the defensive front in the second quarter was in the wrong alignment and others were out of position. He praised the defensive coaches for making the proper adjustments.
Didn’t see a running back 1 time get dropped as soon as he was handed the ball, with the lineman who got beat running over to pick him up, which was a refreshing change.
The officials did all they could to deliver for GT, overlooking numerous holds, a late hit out of bounds, and a couple of probable pass interference’s all uncalled.

Brohm said the defensive front in the second quarter was in the wrong alignment and others were out of position. He praised the defensive coaches for making the proper adjustments.
Didn’t see a running back 1 time get dropped as soon as he was handed the ball, with the lineman who got beat running over to pick him up, which was a refreshing change.
The officials did all they could to deliver for GT, overlooking numerous holds, a late hit out of bounds, and a couple of probable pass interference’s all uncalled.
Yes I am glad I wasn’t the only one who saw the hold they didn’t call for us but the flagged us in the secondary.

The officiating again was subpar and I just don't understand why it continues. I can't believe there's an intention behind the disparity in many of these conference games, but time and time again it's clear right on front of everyone's eyes.

I recorded the game and looked back at it today and there could have been five holding calls on GT in the first half. GT finished with only two penalties.

The two targeting calls on Louisville early in the game looks like it was intentional. Both were BS but it was like the Cards had to receive a message and lose a player. There wasn't another targeting review the rest of the game and I saw three more that were no different than the two they did review.

Then there was the phantom defensive holding call against Louisville that negated a sack and gave GT a 1st down at the 50. I was sure that was going to be the reason we lost, but a few plays later, Desmond Tell forced a fumble and the Cards were on their way to winning.

I know complaining about officiating is never a good look, but it's obvious there's a difference when Louisville plays ACC games. I just wish there was a way to stop it.

On a different note…I saw that Purdue lost their opener. Gotta be some pissed off Boilermakers!

The “phantom defensive holding call” is most disturbing, given the timing and the effect it had on the game. It was easily a 30+ yard change that should be questioned by the league. I appreciate nothing will happen, but UL needs to draw attention to events like that, otherwise there is no reason to expect that sort of questionable officiating will become the rule rather than exception.

I believe the replay confirmed the holding call against our DB failed to qualify as a penalty; particularly when you see how late the flag came out, as it did not impede the receivers route. If that level of incidental contact rises to holding, there would be a penalty on every route.

• Love
Reactions: Mayoman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT