ADVERTISEMENT

Today the.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalovell23

2000+
Jul 8, 2007
Boone County
UofL defense and special teams are terrible. Yes UofL is on the road....yes it is raining, but UofL is getting exposed in the difference of talent on the field.

The defense hasn’t been good on the road yet. There are significant issues on that side of the ball that really show up on the road. While both Miami and FSU have more talent offensively they aren’t very good. They both destroyed Louisville’s defense.

Most of the issues are talent related, but it could be a game plan issue too. That makes the N.C. State game very interesting. If they don’t figure out what is going with the defense on the road then finishing 1-3 is a real possibility.

Talent explained 20-25% of it...

Talent explained the vast majority of it. Making stupid mistakes and penalties explains the rest. Oh, and even though we legitimately lost this game, please explain how Miami can get away with holding so often . . . . Please.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: vivid_red
Talent explained the vast majority of it. Making stupid mistakes and penalties explains the rest. Oh, and even though we legitimately lost this game, please explain how Miami can get away with holding so often . . . . Please.

Agree on the holding...too obvious to miss IMO...

To what do you think the rest is due?
And how did you come up with this number? I’m guessing arbitrarily.
Tyra is the other 75-80% I’m guessing
Basic math people...

Everyone knows the roster we're operating with. The other team's as well. Everything else is coaching related or game specific.

We were 5-6 point dogs in this game, and we lost by 25 points. (I'd argue the game wasn't really even that close.) There's your 20-25%.

The "Vince" remark is classic paranoia, although he's ultimately responsible for what we see on the field...

No clue how Miami has been recruiting. Anybody got time to compare recruiting class rankings the last 4 years to see what those #'s tell us?

Basic math people...

Everyone knows the roster we're operating with. The other team's as well. Everything else is coaching related or game specific.

We were 5-6 point dogs in this game, and we lost by 25 points. (I'd argue the game wasn't really even that close.) There's your 20-25%.

The "Vince" remark is classic paranoia, although he's ultimately responsible for what we see on the field...

Vince is responsible for what is on the field ?

Not the millions of dollars paid to the lying sack of shit patrino.......

Interesting.

So by your proclamation, it was Jurich's success that brought the Cards the *2013 Basketball Title.

Got it.

This is how you came to the conclusion that talent is 20-25% to blame in this game? Lol, that makes absolutely zero sense.

I’m sure you have some in a cup on your desk readily accessible.
You never know when kids are gonna show up.
This is how you came to the conclusion that talent is 20-25% to blame in this game? Lol, that makes absolutely zero sense.
Makes perfect sense unless you're looking for excuses. The rosters for this game were known well in advance, and the season is three-fourths over. This team significantly underperformed based on what expectations were for each team coming in...

Vince is responsible for what is on the field ?...
Ultimately everything.
...Not the millions of dollars paid to the lying sack of shit patrino.......Interesting...
Yeah, he's definitely responsible for everything pouring out the door NOW. "Vince" paid Petrino $5 million in the last year, and he's forking over another $10 million the next two years that he doesn't have. Thanks for bringing that up again.
...So by your proclamation, it was Jurich's success that brought the Cards the *2013 Basketball Title...
Ultimately. Jurich was here over 15 years when that title was won...

Uh, I think zipp has been spending too much time at the “bar” eating “pie”. See what I did there? :p:D:p:D Maybe some of you posters have been spending too much time with zipp at the “bar” partaking of the “pie”. Again, see what I did there! :rolleyes::p:D:);) Suggestion for many of you that “follow zipp”, walk away while you can from the “bar and pie”. :eek:

Makes perfect sense unless you're looking for excuses.

No need to look for excuses, or to make up arbitrary numbers, we lack talent on defense, and more to that point we seriously lack talent on defensive line. We do not apply enough pressure on opposing qbs, that puts enormous pressure on our secondary, which also lacks quality players. Our special teams also had a terrible game. Our offense is good enough to play with majority of defenses on our schedule.

All of this should come as no surprise to anyone, we knew we what we had coming into this year. This staff will be just fine with a few of their own classes and players of their choosing.

Uh, I think zipp has been spending too much time at the “bar” eating “pie”. See what I did there? :p:D:p:D Maybe some of you posters have been spending too much time with zipp at the “bar” partaking of the “pie”. Again, see what I did there! :rolleyes::p:D:);) Suggestion for many of you that “follow zipp”, walk away while you can from the “bar and pie”. :eek:

Yes, I see!

Basic math people...

Basic math is that each point in deficit = 1% due to talent? Do I understand correctly? That is the only mathematical relationship I can draw. I have another factor to consider- the energy level and tremendous effort of Miami’s players on Senior day. They totally outplayed and outhustled us. A good lesson for this team in what it takes to win games.

Ultimately everything.

Yeah, he's definitely responsible for everything pouring out the door NOW. "Vince" paid Petrino $5 million in the last year, and he's forking over another $10 million the next two years that he doesn't have. Thanks for bringing that up again.

Ultimately. Jurich was here over 15 years when that title was won...

LoL.
Its obvious you dont know how contracts work.
A contract signed with a huge retirement package even though no one was looking at the failed jack ass patrino.

That makes Jurich the failure, not Vince.

Keep taking shots at Vince.
The guy Vince hired, for less money, is about to take the thiefs players and go to a bowl, after the thief went 2-9 and was fired.

Guess which AD will be plastered on TV. See ya around 1 AM.

Uh, I think zipp has been spending too much time at the “bar” eating “pie”. See what I did there? :p:D:p:D Maybe some of you posters have been spending too much time with zipp at the “bar” partaking of the “pie”. Again, see what I did there! :rolleyes::p:D:);) Suggestion for many of you that “follow zipp”, walk away while you can from the “bar and pie”. :eek:...
Fewer emojis, more clarity...

No need to look for excuses, or to make up arbitrary numbers, we lack talent on defense, and more to that point we seriously lack talent on defensive line. We do not apply enough pressure on opposing qbs, that puts enormous pressure on our secondary, which also lacks quality players. Our special teams also had a terrible game. Our offense is good enough to play with majority of defenses on our schedule.

All of this should come as no surprise to anyone, we knew we what we had coming into this year. This staff will be just fine with a few of their own classes and players of their choosing.
Like I said, you need to ring up Vegas or start placing big bets. Only a couple people in this thread know the truth evidently...

...I have another factor to consider- the energy level and tremendous effort of Miami’s players on Senior day. They totally outplayed and outhustled us. A good lesson for this team in what it takes to win games.
That may well be the case. And it has zero to do with talent and everything to do with intangibles like "culture"...

LoL.
Its obvious you dont know how contracts work.
A contract signed with a huge retirement package even though no one was looking at the failed jack ass patrino.

That makes Jurich the failure, not Vince.

Keep taking shots at Vince.
The guy Vince hired, for less money, is about to take the thiefs players and go to a bowl, after the thief went 2-9 and was fired.

Guess which AD will be plastered on TV. See ya around 1 AM.
How did Jurich's and Pitino's contracts work? They got the boot getting zero...

The truth in many arguments probably falls somewhere in-between.

Just about every team in the country outside of the top 5/10 is going to lay a massive egg somewhere, and some do it more than once.

Even the top teams do it also, but they typically have the talent to keep games close in those cases, and sneak away with the win.

I think up to this point UofL has over-achieved but the final 3 games feel pretty big. Your guess is as good as mine as to how they do.

Jurich set up the 14 million dollar buyout, yet you blame Vince.

Do i have to say it again......
Then why didn't U of L honor Jurich's and Pitino's contracts TO THE DOLLAR?

Do I have to ask that again?...

That may well be the case. And it has zero to do with talent and everything to do with intangibles like "culture"...
Again, what’s your point here?

based in history, I think it’s something like:
  1. The “clown show” fired Jurich and Pitino.
  2. The “clown show” hired Vince NQ, therefore making him a “clown” by association.
  3. Vince NQ fired Bobby. Since Vince NQ is a “clown”, that must have been a bad move.
  4. Vince NQ failed to hire Jeff Brohm, which proves Vince NQ is a “clown”.
  5. Vince NQ hired Satterfield, making Satterfield a clown as well.
  6. Therefore the failure Saturday was because Satterfield is a clown and there was nothing wrong with the “ culture” under Bobby.

Am I close?

Reactions: Slam2121

The ULAA and the board control the purse strings.

Those are Tyra's bosses.

Quit blaming Tyra.
Patrino was employed by the University of Louisville, not Tyra.

You fail.
Acknowledge it and move on.

Reactions: Slam2121
Satterfield has done far more with this group than BP did last year. We ran into a buzzsaw Saturday, no need to panic. We have a solid class coming in to fill the holes, we will be fine. And we will be bowling this season when nobody thought it was possible.

Pretty sure UofL didn’t honor Pitino’s contract AT ALL because they knew they were very likely not going to have to pay out AT ALL when it came to court - a result that turned out to be true.

With Jurich, they tried not to honor his contract AT ALL for multiple reasons, including “breach of fiduciary responsibility”, and “unprofessional behavior”, but in the end they settled for $4.5 million and all of those allegations went away.

Petrino’s contract was honored to the dollar because all he did wrong was lose 8 football games in a year. He wasn’t responsible for a level 1 NCAA violations, and he also wasn’t the athletic director who backed the guy recently put on probation by the NCAA who was Coach2 and whose program then became University6 in the FBI recruiting scandal.

Again, what’s your point here?

based in history, I think it’s something like:
  1. The “clown show” fired Jurich and Pitino.
  2. The “clown show” hired Vince NQ, therefore making him a “clown” by association.
  3. Vince NQ fired Bobby. Since Vince NQ is a “clown”, that must have been a bad move.
  4. Vince NQ failed to hire Jeff Brohm, which proves Vince NQ is a “clown”.
  5. Vince NQ hired Satterfield, making Satterfield a clown as well.
  6. Therefore the failure Saturday was because Satterfield is a clown and there was nothing wrong with the “ culture” under Bobby.

Am I close?
You're trying too hard. Everything doesn't have to harken back to the pre-clown era, nor is this a damning indictment of Satterfield whom I actually like.

It's simply my unwillingness to accept apologies and excuses for every adverse event that happens nowadays. And that's what the "talent" argument is in large part...

The ULAA and the board control the purse strings.

Those are Tyra's bosses.

Quit blaming Tyra.
Patrino was employed by the University of Louisville, not Tyra.

You fail.
Acknowledge it and move on.
Who does "Vince" take his marching orders from?

Newsflash for ya... That guy ain't unilaterally making $14 million decisions. Nor is he making decisions that are 180 degrees in the other direction from his bosses. Esp. when HIS operation is outta money.

You obviously don't understand how large organizations work...

Pretty sure UofL didn’t honor Pitino’s contract AT ALL because they knew they were very likely not going to have to pay out AT ALL when it came to court - a result that turned out to be true...
That's not proven because it never went that far. They refused to pay him based on language in his contract.
...With Jurich, they tried not to honor his contract AT ALL for multiple reasons, including “breach of fiduciary responsibility”, and “unprofessional behavior”, but in the end they settled for $4.5 million and all of those allegations went away...
And the point is they tried not to honor it. In fact, didn't honor it until he pushed back. Again, per language in his contract.
...Petrino’s contract was honored to the dollar because all he did wrong was lose 8 football games in a year. He wasn’t responsible for a level 1 NCAA violations, and he also wasn’t the athletic director who backed the guy recently put on probation by the NCAA who was Coach2 and whose program then became University6 in the FBI recruiting scandal.
I think you'll find plenty of people here who think Petrino did more wrong than simply lose games, maybe that he tried to lose games, didn't do the things a coach is supposed to be doing. And where was the effort to enforce the applicable language in his contract?

Jurich also did nothing involving an NCAA violation, so that argument doesn't apply to him. They still tried not to pay him.

Clown arguments and tactics don't hang together. Or as I like to say, dots that don't connect. The kinda stuff that clowns do....

Talent matters most of the time. The team with more wins especially when there is a significant talent gap. I think 45 4/5 stars compared to 12 illustrates that pretty clearly.

The next factor is does that team with more talent play to level or down. Miami played to their talent level. It was an extremely clean game for Miami. Combine that with a team with less talent doesn’t play at or above their talent level you get this kind of result. Happens every week in college football and even pro’s.

Thus Saturday will tell us a lot about the “culture” shift.

Talent matters most of the time. The team with more wins especially when there is a significant talent gap. I think 45 4/5 stars compared to 12 illustrates that pretty clearly.

The next factor is does that team with more talent play to level or down. Miami played to their talent level. It was an extremely clean game for Miami. Combine that with a team with less talent doesn’t play at or above their talent level you get this kind of result. Happens every week in college football and even pro’s.

Thus Saturday will tell us a lot about the “culture” shift.

I don’t have any doubt that there is, indeed, a culture shift, with the UofL football program. One game will not define the “culture shift”. Surely you can see and understand that. Your comments about talent are true and obvious but UofL has been “playing from behind” in the talent race for years now. And we’ve done pretty good and that’s because we’ve had coaches that understood that. The current staff has a deep understanding of talent gaps and how they might overcome that considering where they came from. I believe the future is very bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT