ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Thoughts on Jeff Brohm's initial press conference

Ty Spalding

Owner/Publisher of CardinalSports.com
Aug 23, 2018
Wow, what a wild week.

Real quick --- Thank you to all of the new subscribers who have hopped on board over the last several days. We hope you stick around and give us a chance to be your go-to place for Louisville athletics.

On today:

--- What a turnout for the Jeff Brohm introduction. I've never seen or felt a buzz that's been circulating through the city and in the Angel's Envy Club today in quite some time. Genuine happiness. Genuine excitement. The vibes were right and this fan base truly seems energized more than ever.

--- I've spoken to several UofL athletics staffers and the ticket sales are going through the roof. It's been a wild day or so in the ticket office, phones have been ringing like crazy.

--- There were quite a few familiar faces in attendance. Eric Wood and Chris Redman were there. A number of other former players were there, ranging from Charlie Strong's tenure all the way up to Scott Satterfield's tenure. Several prominent Louisville boosters were there. Vince Tyra was also there.

--- The ovation for Josh Heird was noticeably different than the other ovations. The folks in attendance made sure Josh felt their support and appreciation for what he accomplished this week in a short amount of time. From what I can gather, he won over a lot of people with how he handled this.

--- On what Brohm had to say: He is a football guy. He mentioned that he doesn't have a lot of hobbies. He likes football. And his press conference was just that. I didn't get the 'ra-ra' or 'pom-pom' feel from it. I got the 'let's handle business' feel from it. He was very direct. It wasn't a ‘rally the troops’ type of presser.

--- I didn't love the questions asked. (I got there late and was in the back so I didn't get to ask anything). He stressed the importance of playing an exciting brand of football and putting a product on the field that people want to watch. But, I would've liked to ask him to comment on the rivalry being one-sided as of late, what his plans for a staff are, and how he plans on putting together a roster that can win right away. To me, there were too many questions related to his time at Purdue.

--- It looks like Garrick McGee will be coming with Jeff to coach WRs, Chris Barclay will be coming with Jeff to coach RBs, and Brian Brohm will be coming after the bowl game to coach QBs. Ron English will also be coming with Jeff.

The attention now turns to the current roster. Who stays? Who else leaves?

A ton of coverage is coming your way. Head over to the Recruiting Board in the meantime. Dave is pumping out update after update.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News