ADVERTISEMENT

The Obvious: We Need Bigs

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Need some talented PFs and another Center. Everyone available right now, besides Scott, is under 6ft7.

Would love to get Great Osobor but most are saying he's uk bound.

I am not real concerned at the 5 you can find bigs that screen, defend and rebound. Not 💯 convinced BYU kid is going to redshirt.

I am concerned about finding a PF. That requires more skill. Not many 6-7 6-8 or 6-9 guys that can stretch the floor, rebound, and defend. They could go with more of an offensive guy where you could interchange at the 3 or 4.

Bottom line is they have a spot at PF with money to spend. My guess is there could be some players hit their list or even the portal that haven’t been on their radar.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
Need some talented PFs and another Center. Everyone available right now, besides Scott, is under 6ft7.

Would love to get Great Osobor but most are saying he's uk bound.
Doesn’t Osobor and the kid from Drexel have similar playing styles?

Osobor would be good at either UK or Louisville. He is a heavy minute guy. Louisville has no one in that spot. UK has Carr and the Drexel kid. Carr is flexible enough to play the 4 or 5. The Drexel kid is more of a 5 with limited range. He would have to sacrifice minutes at UK.

The kid from Miami is in the portal as well. He fits perfectly in Kelsey’s system. No buzz on him. Not many guys like these 2 that fit very nicely into what Kelsey likes on offense.

Would have loved to have gotten the young man from Evansville. Not sure what happened there but would have rather gotten him than JQ. Would have been less expensive and would be a known quantity and more than likely a better all around player. Sad to lose him to Illinois.

i saw that Osobor is visiting tomorrow. numbers are strong. almost 18 points a game, 9 boards, 2.8 assists, 1.4 blocks a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT