ADVERTISEMENT

The Mole is found? Head of UofL PR Firm giving info to Matt Jones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2005
Has anyone heard the story that the head of UofL's PR Firm (Jennings) is leaking info to Matt Jones? Apparently they are Twitter buddies. Any legs to this? I think it would be big if it is true.

Jennings Tweeted to KSR the same morning UofL announced its post season ban but then Jennings removed them...seems fishy and a total confidentiality breach.

Any thoughts?

What do you think will happen when they find out for sure who is giving Jones his info? I wouldn't think it is against any rules or laws since it's a public university but do you think he will lose his job? At least be demoted?

Has anyone heard the story that the head of UofL's PR Firm (Jennings) is leaking info to Matt Jones? Apparently they are Twitter buddies. Any legs to this? I think it would be big if it is true.

Jennings Tweeted to KSR the same morning UofL announced its post season ban but then Jennings removed them...seems fishy and a total confidentiality breach.

Any thoughts?
My thought is to feed the traitor (if true) bad horrible information that Jones runs with which might actually cost him money after the University steps in and sues the pants off him for defamation or whatever type of trumped up charge they can think of. Jones is a loud mouth punk who needs his ass kicked. Since that's not going to happen, then maybe hit his purse hard. (yes I meant to type purse)

I am wondering if this has legs to it as well. It is common for institutions to give some general info to the media prior to a discussion. For example, before the President gives the state of the union or holds a press conference, news organizations are usually given a general outline of the story so they will present it to the public in the way it is intended. For the UofL press conference a few weeks ago, both the C.J. and Pat Forde on Yahoo Sports were telling us about the post season ban before it was announced in the press conference.

While I don't live there, I gathered from what was said here that Jones was announcing it before the CJ and Yahoo sports were. If Jones is getting more information than the CJ, or getting it earlier than the CJ, I could see that being an issue. If the President of the PR firm is feeding info specifically to Jones, that very likely is a breach of the contract between the two and could result in termination of the contract.

Being a public university is not an issue. Not supplying information to Jones does not mean that the University is keeping any secrets. He might be welcome to attend the press conferences, or he can get his info from Yahoo Sports or the CJ.

I am wondering if this has legs to it as well. It is common for institutions to give some general info to the media prior to a discussion. For example, before the President gives the state of the union or holds a press conference, news organizations are usually given a general outline of the story so they will present it to the public in the way it is intended. For the UofL press conference a few weeks ago, both the C.J. and Pat Forde on Yahoo Sports were telling us about the post season ban before it was announced in the press conference.

While I don't live there, I gathered from what was said here that Jones was announcing it before the CJ and Yahoo sports were. If Jones is getting more information than the CJ, or getting it earlier than the CJ, I could see that being an issue. If the President of the PR firm is feeding info specifically to Jones, that very likely is a breach of the contract between the two and could result in termination of the contract.

Being a public university is not an issue. Not supplying information to Jones does not mean that the University is keeping any secrets. He might be welcome to attend the press conferences, or he can get his info from Yahoo Sports or the CJ.

Exactly, it shows what kind of people the university is possibly dealing with.

If the people, namely the head of the PR firm with University's best interest at stake, are compromising delicate matters...they can easily be taken to court IMHO.

So are you guys really going to act like giving Jones info is an act of high treason? Its a NCAA investigation... not a legal battle.
No, we think it is an act of foolishness and bad judgment. We expect better out of the University.

Also, the incident of possible leaked info is NOT about the NCAA investigation; it is about the University's own investigation. Any info leaked regarding the NCAA investigation would result in stiffer penalties from the NCAA for leaking the investigation details. If that happens, it would be serious, and it may be a legitimate concern of the University.

I think this is one of the reasons we don't like you guys posting here. We can't discuss things without having to go back and explain stuff to you. We want to discuss stuff that you just don't get. We realize you have a point of view, but having you guys come here and post it just drags the conversation in a different direction. Meeting your needs is not a priority of this board.

No, we think it is an act of foolishness and bad judgment. We expect better out of the University.

Also, we are not talking about the NCAA investigation, we are talking about the University's own investigation. Any info leaked regarding the NCAA investigation would result in stiffer penalties from the NCAA for leaking the investigation.

I think this is one of the reasons we don't like you guys posting here. We can't discuss things without having to go back and explain stuff to you. We want to discuss stuff that you just don't get. We realize you have a point of view, but having you guys come here and post it just drags the conversation in a different direction. Meeting your needs is not a priority of this board.

This x 1000.

Reactions: barbourfor3

Also, the incident of possible leaked info is NOT about the NCAA investigation; it is about the University's own investigation. Any info leaked regarding the NCAA investigation would result in stiffer penalties from the NCAA for leaking the investigation details. If that happens, it would be serious, and it may be a legitimate concern of the University.

CFIM - that was a rational and reasoned response but, you have to know that this troll totally get's it. It's the little passive/aggressive game that he plays to get responses because simply jumping up and down and screaming "look at me" is becoming less and less effective.

It's sad really...

BTW, if it's Scott Jennings we're talking about, he is a real piece of work, but is a UL grad and a hardcore Mitch McConnell guy. I'd have to see more proof linking him to Matt Jones than some innocuous twitter chatter.

Again, I have no desire to talk to Kentucky fans. I don't care for your opinions and points of view because it is all nothing but passive/aggressive BS. I'll be back when the Mods clean this up.

Reactions: barbourfor3
Well, I would add that I would be real careful about what I say in accusing someone of doing something without any hard proof. Slander and libel aren't protected forms of speech. Remember that as much as you want this supposed mole's head on a platter they could very well have yours. All it takes is an attorney, filing of papers, and subpoena.

In fact a few years ago a women was taken for a ride due to stuff she had posted on Topix about individuals she did not know.

Not sure why you've replied to me instead of the creator of this thread?

Thanks for the respectful reply. Are there any connections to jones with head of pr besides Twitter?

Thanks for the respectful reply. Are there any connections to jones with head of pr besides Twitter?
Good question. If there are other leaks, Twitter or otherwise, it would show that this guy or his company is not acting in the best interest of the University.

How to draw a nest of fleas, lol.......... Allow UK fans full voice on their opinions about our problems. Inasmuch as their investment in our ruin is well-advertised and the simplest, most common knowledge, watching them post here in a pose of naivete is precious as hell. They even work hard to maintain their full court press on misery, lol, remembering losing a 21 point certain victory in the Fall and expressing themselves as their own heroic versions of the moles they so admire.

The probable bottom line is this - the NCAA is souring on the investigation. The more it unravels, the more likely it is that the origins of the situation - Powell's book - had some highly nefarious beginnings. That it attaches to well-known people in Indianapolis and to the publishers there becomes more problematic and a truly knotty situation for them.

They offered the deal Ramsey took, hoping to end the entire deal. An example made of McGee's idiocy, they'll accept the ban they offered in hopes that it might end there.

Personally, I hope the issue gets visited in depth, all on its own. I would also love to hear more from the publisher who told Kenny Klein "We drew up the ledger. That woman can't put two words together."

The UK fans in this thread show a most typical lack of class by even offering themselves here for debate. When they see a scab, they like the idea of jumping in - they are drawn by their delusion of mattering, since it appears arseholes from all sorts of levels are appearing to them to make things move. It's their version of a bold approach. lol

So we aren't capable of having multiple points of view? It's obvious that you're envious of us but sadly we don't allow for sUcKs fan converts at the moment. Show yourself the door. Maybe UNCheat is taking applications.
Oh, I'm sure he is a Oklahoma football fan now. Or maybe he discovered Iowa this year. UK fans aren't big on football, doncha know. It's just not "their thing". But they are still superior - make no mistake.

Ha ha, culture wars. When farmers get to take on the city slickers, even if we pay their bills.

Reactions: Cue Card
So we aren't capable of having multiple points of view? It's obvious that you're envious of us but sadly we don't allow for sUcKs fan converts at the moment. Show yourself the door. Maybe UNCheat is taking applications.

Not when you are trying to run off every person with a different point of view.

What do you think it is that "LPT" fans are envious of?

Reactions: bloodguard13
If you can't see why you all are envious then you are clearly dillusional. Run pack to Podunk town now.

You're telling me to run "pack" to Podunk. Implying that I'm a hillbilly.
And I'm "dillusional" you say.

Please explain.

We've beaten you guys A LOT lately in basketball.
We're doing better than you now.
We've got (yet another) better recruiting class than you next year.
We aren't in the middle of a scandal.

What would you even propose that we are in fact jealous of? The football team? I don't post on football boards bro.

I grew up on a farm. We raised cattle. We never took a dime from any agency. Paid plenty of taxes as well. I would bet dollars to donuts you stuffed your fat ass full of plenty of our product being that it's a bit tough to raise a cow on a million acres of concrete.

:eek:

You're telling me to run "pack" to Podunk. Implying that I'm a hillbilly.
And I'm "dillusional" you say.

Please explain.

We've beaten you guys A LOT lately in basketball.
We're doing better than you now.
We've got (yet another) better recruiting class than you next year.
We aren't in the middle of a scandal.

What would you even propose that we are in fact jealous of? The football team? I don't post on football boards bro.
Wins in rupp don't count. We know those are 8 on 5.
Better than us now? Playing who? Must be great to play little sisters of the poor for a conference slate.
Oh I'm so scared of the recruiting class. Are they as great as the tremendous skal?
You aren't in the middle of a scandal? Look on your sideline. Cal is a walking scandal. The longer it takes to reveal the worse it will be.
You could be jealous of a reasonable fan base, a better coach, the best city in America, etc... And of course you don't follow football. I bet you don't follow baseball or soccer too because we dominate there as well.

Again, why is there a Kentucky fan on here? I don't care what your opinion is, I don't care about anything you have to say. This is for UofL fans only. Kindly excuse yourself from this...
Better than us now? Playing who? Must be great to play little sisters of the poor for a conference slate.
Oh I'm so scared of the recruiting class. Are they as great as the tremendous skal?
You aren't in the middle of a scandal? Look on your sideline. Cal is a walking scandal. The longer it takes to reveal the worse it will be.
You could be jealous of a reasonable fan base, a better coach, the best city in America, etc... And of course you don't follow football. I bet you don't follow baseball or soccer too because we dominate there as well.

Hey, it's been two weeks since they lost to a team that has a losing record.

I grew up on a farm. We raised cattle. We never took a dime from any agency. Paid plenty of taxes as well. I would bet dollars to donuts you stuffed your fat ass full of plenty of our product being that it's a bit tough to raise a cow on a million acres of concrete.
Wow, lol. You sir, are a true exception. You have the beef. Run with it is my advice.

You already run with UK fans, lol. That must be sobering.

Reactions: earsky and Cue Card

Then I guess the 2 wins at UL and the 2 neutral court wins compared to 1 for Pitino at UL will have to ..... wait nope... it was 8 on 5 at UL that year so that doesnt count.

But seriously, you can't throw out a game because you thought you were slighted by the refs. UK fans feel that the refs slighted them in those games...

Reactions: gobigblue812
My Dad was an astronaut! Buddy - nobody gives AF.

BTW - don't forget not to wipe your shoes before you go back in your house.

Their fondest hope is that they will appear dominant in literally every frigging thing there is.

It's how that uber-needy fan base works. They are 8-14 since 1920 in the modern football series and, yet, every season they warn us of the eventual pain they're finally ready to deliver. They are modern metronomes, most of whom opt out of calling themselves fans of football instead of acknowledging the reality on the ground. They define the "insincere sports fan" - and they compensated by hiring the slimiest actor in the college basketball game, complete with accoutrements and entourage. This is their method of "getting even", lol.

We've crushed them in baseball and may very well do so again this season. They exist well into the distance of our rear view mirrors in both those sports. We've been to national Championship games in ladies hoops and men's soccer while they grapple with West Virginia rodents over rifle, the 9 team national passion, lol.

UK fans spin like tops over redundant claims of glory, seeing some bizarre ascendency over what even the most reluctant of them have acknowledged the vast improvements Louisville has made to its campus and in sports. Academically, joining the ACC has already proven valuable to research in shared projects on the strictly research realm. The Billion dollar research facility being constructed now and shared between business and the university was entirely raised free of state funds, as are the athletic facilities, including the next stadium expansion.

So they like dealing with Katina, lol. It's just more natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT