ADVERTISEMENT

The kid must be woefully short on actual basketball skills...

I'm not saying HD isn't a good kid or not better because he spent another year in college. Those aren't issues on which I started the thread.

There's NO QUESTION the kid has limited basketball skills--use whatever descriptor you want for those skills. Everyone except diehard, stubborn LPT fans are saying so. And because of that, there's no question his decision to bypass the 2017 Draft and return to LPT was no big deal. Again, slappies wanted to see and expect more.

Your loss and my gain. It's no big deal, except the more you post about, the more I will...

fifes_zpsa6ottwim.jpg

I'm not saying HD isn't a good kid or not better because he spent another year in college. Those aren't issues on which I started the thread.

There's NO QUESTION the kid has limited basketball skills--use whatever descriptor you want for those skills. Everyone except diehard, stubborn LPT fans are saying so. And because of that, there's no question his decision to bypass the 2017 Draft and return to LPT was no big deal. Again, slappies wanted to see and expect more.

Your loss and my gain. It's no big deal, except the more you post about, the more I will...

fifes_zpsa6ottwim.jpg
See, now this is nice. Absent the hyperbole I agree with every single word you just said. I really do. Well except that last little bit which makes no sense at all. Unless you count it as 15 less points someone can score on you in our game next year. That would be a gain for you. I assume that’s what you mean.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
See, now this is nice. Absent the hyperbole I agree with every single word you just said. I really do. Well except that last little bit which makes no sense at all. Unless you count it as 15 less points someone can score on you in our game next year. That would be a gain for you. I assume that’s what you mean.
I mean I win and you lose...again.

And Diallo just signed a 3 year $4M guaranteed contract with the Thunder. Not too bad for having no skills.
What held all of these future millionaires back last year? Coaching? Kansas State wasn’t that good of a team themselves.

And Diallo just signed a 3 year $4M guaranteed contract with the Thunder. Not too bad for having no skills.
What that means is that guys are now signing contracts in the 2nd round, like Ray Spalding. No one heralded his return to U of L last year like the slapd!cks did with Diallo.

"Elite program," my a$$...

What that means is that guys are now signing contracts in the 2nd round, like Ray Spalding. No one heralded his return to U of L last year like the slapd!cks did with Diallo.

"Elite program," my a$$...
Maybe that’s because you guys had already seen ray spalding. No one had layed eyes on HD yet so he was heralded just like any one of our incoming freshmen. The sky is the limit. Lord knows big blue knows how to get up for roundball.

But what it means is pro franchises employ folks who have a better eye for talent than you or I. One of us can admit that. I will normally defer to the people who write million dollar checks. News flash, they don’t give millions to people who are woefully bad at basketball. By your account the kid couldn’t make the local dollar general rec team. As is always the case, clarity exists in the big picture. I think this one can finally be put to bed.

Maybe that’s because you guys had already seen ray spalding. No one had layed eyes on HD yet so he was heralded just like any one of our incoming freshmen. The sky is the limit. Lord knows big blue knows how to get up for roundball.

But what it means is pro franchises employ folks who have a better eye for talent than you or I. One of us can admit that. I will normally defer to the people who write million dollar checks. News flash, they don’t give millions to people who are woefully bad at basketball. By your account the kid couldn’t make the local dollar general rec team. As is always the case, clarity exists in the big picture. I think this one can finally be put to bed.
NBA scouts were in fact right two years ago which is why he couldn't get a high draft pick. And since they draft primarily on athletic ability and the kid was picked LOWER this year, he was woefully short in actual basketball skills when he returned to LPT. Diallo was as good an athlete in 2017 as he was ever gonna be.

I think I said something like that in the OP. So I guess this one has been put to bed...

NBA scouts were in fact right two years ago which is why he couldn't get a high draft pick. And since they draft primarily on athletic ability and the kid was picked LOWER this year, he was woefully short in actual basketball skills when he returned to LPT. Diallo was as good an athlete in 2017 as he was ever gonna be.

I think I said something like that in the OP. So I guess this one has been put to bed...
Whatever helps you sleep at night bud.

I’m really hoping I fail miserably over the next few months and someone gives me four million. I’ll be the worst employee ever
Just curious, are you good with just sweet sixteens as long as he gets paid by the pros? Your coach has y’all thinking that the players are more important than the program, SCREW THAT.

I love Cal but I'm not a big fan of that either.

Ditto. I know it’s just lip service for recruiting purposes but I still cringe every time he says that stuff. In all fairness I think Cal is on an island with it. Not too many fans share the philosophy.

I have a suggestion? Why don’t Big blew, rockfly and hoptown go over to cat piss and discuss UK to infinity and get the hell off our U of L message board?

Reactions: zipp
Just curious, are you good with just sweet sixteens as long as he gets paid by the pros? Your coach has y’all thinking that the players are more important than the program, SCREW THAT.
Well, it was a team effort so I don’t think it’s exactly fair to only blame him. He was playing well in the tournament.

I have a suggestion? Why don’t Big blew, rockfly and hoptown go over to cat piss and discuss UK to infinity and get the hell off our U of L message board?
Are you mad? I mean Steelers has told me I can post here as long as I follow the rules and don't try and poke the bear. I also don't get to have fun with guys like Zipp at Rupp Rafters. He's one of a kind and fun to go back and forth with.

This is also a thread about a UK player on a UofL board.

Reactions: cwcat
No Kentucky fan thinks the players are more important that the program. Most I know don’t even follow the nba.

This entire thread has been a good discussion and one of the longer ones on your board. Isn't that a good thing?

Purpose of the thread was to needle lurkers - mission accomplished!

But beyond the 7 pages going back to the original post, the OP claimed the guy wasn't going to be good enough to take UK to the next level per scouting reports and the OP was right. The argument was clear, if he was going to be a difference maker then the scouts would have given him a higher grade a year ago.

It’s a 7 page thread about one of our players. We are practically here by invite.

Reactions: cwcat
...the OP claimed the guy wasn't going to be good enough to take UK to the next level per scouting reports and the OP was right. The argument was clear, if he was going to be a difference maker then the scouts would have given him a higher grade a year ago.
Exactly. And the kid did his job to prove that. At this point, what remains is slappies unable to deal with reality...

It’s a 7 page thread about one of our players. We are practically here by invite.
Wrong. Misconception on your part. We know your agenda and obviously you know ours. It’s a U of L message board. Unless you agree that your coach sucks and only cares about getting kids to the NBA, your storied past is filled with rascism and cheating, and your fans are the most disillusioned group on this planet, we don’t care to hear nor do we value your opinions. Anything else is a deliberate attempt to convince us of your fantasies and are not welcome. I think that sums it up.

Same reason they are happy their guy got a contract is the same thought process of putting a one and done in their hall of fame. They are there 8 months.

I read an excerpt from some idiot sUcK fan the other day that didn't have Dan Issel or Jack Givens in the top 10 players at UK all time.......really?!?!?

How would you know? Looks like you spend all your time here?
Do you realize how simple it is to visit a website in 2018? I can visit multiple message boards at the click of a finger. Usually spend three or four minutes browising this board after a couple more that I check out. Technology is an amazing thing I’m telling ya

Do you realize how simple it is to visit a website in 2018? I can visit multiple message boards at the click of a finger. Usually spend three or four minutes browising this board after a couple more that I check out. Technology is an amazing thing I’m telling ya
That explains why you don’t have a life.

But remember kitties’s opinions don’t count here.. Still haven’t learned, have you?
In reality our opinions count for the same whether it’s here or in the street. I’m sorry to be the one to deliver you that news

Purpose of the thread was to needle lurkers - mission accomplished!

But beyond the 7 pages going back to the original post, the OP claimed the guy wasn't going to be good enough to take UK to the next level per scouting reports and the OP was right. The argument was clear, if he was going to be a difference maker then the scouts would have given him a higher grade a year ago.

I rarely post here and I don't come to poke any bears.

I agree 100% with this. If most UK fans were honest, we were disappointed in what HD brought to the team on a consistent basis. He's a good kid and I rooted for him. I like 5* talent, but I also expect experience to be on board as well.

I rarely post here and I don't come to poke any bears.

I agree 100% with this. If most UK fans were honest, we were disappointed in what HD brought to the team on a consistent basis. He's a good kid and I rooted for him. I like 5* talent, but I also expect experience to be on board as well.
Author, author! You also need to post here more often. And ask your slappy friends to sit back and watch you do the heavy lifting for them...

Author, author! You also need to post here more often. And ask your slappy friends to sit back and watch you do the heavy lifting for them...
Dude we all pretty much agree with his assessment. Why are you seeing his post as such a revelation? Was he disappointing for much of the year? You bet. Is he as bad at basketball as you think in your infinite wisdom? No and the Oklahoma City Thunder can concur. Try less hyperbole next time when starting threads. That’s what ran this thread to 7 pages

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT