ADVERTISEMENT

The All Time women's BB team starting five. Pretty easy, right?

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Shoni
Asia
Angel

Then it gets a little tricky. I'll go with:

Myisha Hines- Allen
Jazz

They could very well lead the all name team, too.

I love the idea of this forum, btw.

Reactions: Sonja
PG - Shoni
SG - Asia
F - Angel
F - Gwen Doyle
C - Myisha Hines-Allen

Gwen Doyle was Angel before Angel was thought of. Played for a rigid coach here and transferred after her sophomore season to W.Kentucky.

I thought Gwen moved over to volleyball?
Yes, Asia-Angel-Shoni are top three at the moment. There are some players pre-2012 who I know were very good but I am not as familiar with. I think with the three above I’d throw in Sara Nord and Mo Reid.

I thought Gwen moved over to volleyball?
Yes, Asia-Angel-Shoni are top three at the moment. There are some players pre-2012 who I know were very good but I am not as familiar with. I think with the three above I’d throw in Sara Nord and Mo Reid.
That was Gwen Rucker who moved to Volleyball.

--sonja--

Dana could replace Shoni. As much as she did while here Dana might surpass her; Dana just isn’t as flashy as Shoni (not sure who is) and that’s a compliment to Shoni.

Got to give props to Sara Nord. We all know Shoni was a magician with the ball, but Nord had 852 career assists, compared to 600 by Shoni. Also, when Jazz was carrying the team, all you heard was Jazz this, Jazz that. Then entered Angel. It kind of blows your mind to think those two were on the same team for two years. Everything was then Angel this, Angel that. I wonder if there were any hard feelings by Jazz. She went from star of the team to Angel being the show.

Got to give props to Sara Nord. We all know Shoni was a magician with the ball, but Nord had 852 career assists, compared to 600 by Shoni. Also, when Jazz was carrying the team, all you heard was Jazz this, Jazz that. Then entered Angel. It kind of blows your mind to think those two were on the same team for two years. Everything was then Angel this, Angel that. I wonder if there were any hard feelings by Jazz. She went from star of the team to Angel being the show.

Angel was not a regular starter her freshman year but came off the bench and contributed great minutes. Jazz was the consummate "team" player and anyone who could improve the squad was "O.K." by her.

--sonja--

Reactions: mwatson61

I would imagine it was extremely difficult for Jazz, it was her show for two years. But when it's a player the caliber of Angel, what can you do. I'll never forget a quote from Coach Geno "We have to always be aware of Angel, because defensively, she shuts down one half of the court"

Angel was not a regular starter her freshman year but came off the bench and contributed great minutes. Jazz was the consummate "team" player and anyone who could improve the squad was "O.K." by her.

--sonja--

06-07 was Jazz's senior year. Angel was a sophomore. Angel averaged 21.5 PPG. Jazz, almost 11 PPG.

Here is mine:

PG-Shoni
SG-Asia
Wing-Jazz Covington
PF-Angel
C-Myisha Hines-Allen

Showtime Shoni to distribute the rock as a true PG.
Shoot the lights out Durr at the off-guard.
Go get it girl Jazz C. at one of the forward spots.
Angels are from Heaven McCoughtry holding down the other forward spot.
Big bodies Bang would have Myisha patrolling the paint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT