ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Team Notes

Travis Graf

Jul 14, 2017
After talking to some people close to the program, I’ve been able to compile a small report for you guys based off of recent practices.

I’ve been told that the point guard spot is up for grabs, that all 3 (Ellis, Faulkner, & West) all do good things from time to time and all have their moments where they look like they could take control of the position. As of now, nobody has separated themselves, but West “has the most experience running a team and has done some good things.”

Was told that Samuell Williamson has done some very good things recently and had one of his better practices today. They’re anxiously awaiting and hoping he turns the corner.

Jae’Lyn Withers was the star of my last report here, but apparently the brakes need to be tapped a bit. Sources tell me that “Withers’ game still needs to mature a bit. He turns it over too much on drives and he really needs a nasty streak.” I think Withers is by far the best post on the roster, so he possibly got complacent at times.

From the way people talk, I wouldn’t expect too much from Sydney Curry or Roosevelt Wheeler this year. Curry came in late and Wheeler is still a young kid coming back from an awful injury.

Was told that Matt Cross has been very impressive and has done things outside of shooting the ball. He’s done a good job of attacking off the bounce on offense as well as playing good defensively.

El Ellis’ ceiling gets brought up every time I have these conversations. He just does some things that others can’t do in terms of speed and finishing at the rim. The way I understand it, I wouldn’t expect way too much from him early on, but by conference play, he could be a game changer for this team.

As of right now, I’d lay out the starting lineup as: West, Locke, Williamson, Withers, Williams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News