ADVERTISEMENT

Steady Game From Snider

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
I like what I see from Snider for the most part. He is a steady presence on the floor. While he makes some freshman mistakes his game is improving each time out. He had some nifty passes- especially those for the back door shots- and was able to score in the paint and a bit outside as well.

I think he will be a very good PG for this team as a sophomore.

Q sees the floor really well. As soon as he learns how to take it to the rim college style he will be a Siva type offensive player for us. Its gonna take a couple years but it will be a fun 3.5 yrs watching him grow especially on the defensive side

Such a natural passer. Seems to have a knack for running the offense. True PG.

Made a bad decision at the end of the 1st and at the beginning of the 2nd. Other than that he has been pretty solid.

And I know it's a talking point for commentators to talk about his defense compared to Chris Jones but he didn't play bad defensively. CJ was second to none on defense but just because Snider isn't Chris Jones doesn't mean that Q isn't playing solid D.

I like how he attacks. He keeps the dribble alive but he's not dribbling it around from deep to prepare for a contested shot. He's probing the passing lanes and looking for guys.

Had a great extra pass to Rozier that Rozier missed. We haven't seen that all year. That kind of thing is contagious.

Going to be a fun to watch Snider's career.

Snider is a very good basketball player who like most freshmen is better on offense than defense. His defensive IS improving though and he's going to be a star player for the Cards IMO. He got sloppy with back to back turnovers yet ended up with just 3 on the day.

11 points, 4 assists and 2 rebounds in 29 minutes of play as a true frosh on the road is a very solid stat line. I like seeing him and Rozier taking turns running the offense. They're interchangeable at that position which is really hard to prepare for. I like that. A lot.

I liked what I see from Snider, the guy plays very "heady" on the floor. He plays with a confidence that was lacking in previous games. He is growing in terms of playing college basketball vs high school ball with alot of playing time. He is putting it all together like a plan, don't we love when a plan comes together.

I liked what I see from Snider, the guy plays very "heady" on the floor. He plays with a confidence that was lacking in previous games. He is growing in terms of playing college basketball vs high school ball with alot of playing time. He is putting it all together like a plan, don't we love when a plan comes together.

I've liked what I have seen so far. I'm not expecting a whole lot out of Snider, I believe if he just plays solid we will have a good shot at the Final 4. He reminds me a lot of a young Siva.

I don't think the comparisons to Siva are that close with Snider. Siva beat people with his athleticism - Snider beats people with change of pace. Siva would drive deep and often get knocked down after contact - Snider pulls up for a floater from 6 feet out. Snider has a better looking shot. Siva was a better defender. They're common in the sense that both have the true PG mentality, but we don't have too many UofL players that share that distinction. Quentin Snider reminds me of a poor man's Tyler Ennis. Steady, pure point, high basketball IQ, opportunistic scorer. I like him.

This post was edited on 3/2 11:18 AM by J-Rye_UL

I was thinking it would be another year or possibly his junior year before we witness any productive in a positive note from him. Im guessing all he needed was a bigger role to play with additional minutes. If he can play like that with just the few freshman mistakes he makes then it is something we all can live with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT