ADVERTISEMENT

Squeaky Clean

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Do you think that is one of the criteria that those in charge will put a premium on when hiring the next coach? As in squeaky clean on and off the court. This isn't a full comprehensive list by any means.

If so that eliminates:

Chris Beard - issue with girlfriend

Past NCAA violations:

Will Wade
Jerome Tang
Bruce Pearl
Kelvin Sampson
Steve Forbes
Sean Miller
Shaheen Holloway

Do you think that is one of the criteria that those in charge will put a premium on when hiring the next coach? As in squeaky clean on and off the court. This isn't a full comprehensive list by any means.

If so that eliminates:

Chris Beard - issue with girlfriend

Past NCAA violations

Will Wade
Jerome Tang
Bruce Pearl
Kelvin Sampson
Steve Forbes
Sean Miller
Shaheen Holloway
I certainly hope not. Unfortunately once the totality of the Pain Reign has been felt, UofL will not in position to be choosy. Should they be able to get a Beard - they should but, they should put some pretty heavy stipulations on the contract regarding personal conduct.

Reactions: Cardiac Red
I can't focus on, pay attention to, care, really, who the next coach is. My focus is getting Payne the fvck out of here. It's not 100% he'll get fired, since Heird doesn't seem to know what the hell he's doing.

It really is a good topic. The reality is if you have a coach that is clean you probably aren’t winning.

I personally don’t care. They should hire the best coach and protect the University in the contract. This is about getting Louisville basketball back to being elite that isn’t going to be easy. Tough decisions have to be made.

Got to be sure they are hiring first LOL!

If they are, they aren't coming in from a position of strength here. These F4 teams are coming from all parts also. New era, none of the top programs have made anywhere close to a HR hire look at the time. UNC, Duke, IU, UofL, UCLA, Syracuse, TX, etc.

Who is the last guy to be hired anywhere, that everyone knew was a HR hire?

By squeaky clean do you mean not humping in restaurants, no prostitutes and illegal payments to prospective recruiters? Hmmm. OK if a coach has only done two of those it's OK. But not all 3. That's a no no.

Mark Few has a DUI on his record...... Jesus Christ ain't walking through that door at UofL or UK or anywhere else. Squeaky Clean this day & time is hard to find.
You'll have to look at somebody younger. Think younger and flying under the radar. Double Plus is you can get them guys @ the bargain rate. You just have to have the kahoonas and pick the right one. DC was an assistant before he got here. Home run hire on a bit of a gamble. I know I know,different day and age but somebody's gonna grab them and we'll all be saying "why didn't we go after that guy?" 🤷

Most of the squeaky clean guys are not on most radars. A guy like Darian DeVries at Drake has built that mid major from nothing into a top 35 program in 6 years.
Give a guy like this a shot at a big time bball program and there might be a real good chance we are prominent sooner than later.
Jmo,but he apparently is an excellent recruiter. Watch out for his Drake team come March.

Due to our recent experience I would hope the new coach would be given a “ reasonable ” salary with very nice incentive package to get him to the megagmilion dollar mark. But I realize the game is not played that way and the search firm, agent connection makes the expectation a break the bank kind of contract.

I think that's what we have been doing except we are the ones getting screwed..
Poor judgment by Ramsey followed by intentional capitulation and self inflicted harm by those twin assholes postel and grissom, put UofL where it is. But that was back when the ncaa had sway.

It’s - at least in its historical form - on the way to obsolescence.

We have squeaky clean now and you see how that's worked.. Nobody is perfect, especially in the coaching ranks.

Reactions: BPGhost
Doesn't our current probation status dictate that the coach be clean?

I'm not sure about that. I don't think who we hire would fall under that status, however, if we hired somebody with prior discretions and they had another mishap after we hired them, it probably would raise an eyebrow or two..

My latest recurring nightmare has Huggy Bear cruising Whiskey Row while coaching the biggest baddest team he’s ever had. Please go get Jay Wright. Maybe Richard Pitino is ready to join the elite. Somebody please wake me up. Please.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT