ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

Better bring your own roster sheet. Football office says they will have no passouts tonight

I saw enough encouragement on both sides of the football as well.

Tyler is “as advertised,” apparently Texas Tech placed him in a role where he was subjected to far more physical injury than a pocket QB should ever experience.

I saw enough encouragement on both sides of the football as well.

Tyler is “as advertised,” apparently Texas Tech placed him in a role where he was subjected to far more physical injury than a pocket QB should ever experience.
Tyler is made of glass. You clearly did no research on his injuries...

Injury 1: (Austin, TX 2021) Tyler broke his collar bone scrambling into the endzone for a TD.
Injury 2: (Lubbock, TX 2022) Tyler broke his OTHER collar bone scrambling for a first down.
Injury 3: (Morgantown, WV 2023) Tyler broke his fibula when he was sacked.

Shough never had a good o-line, average at best. However, Shough also could not read a defense to save his life even though he had been playing P5 football for SIX YEARS. Shough couldn't read a G5 defense in Wyoming and was solely responsible for losing that game. He constantly passed on open receivers and went off his reads too fast. This resulted in him being sacked a lot and having to scramble out of the pocket. The ironic part is Monroe Mills contributed to the majority of Tyler's sacks... now Mills is at UL and will still be contributing to the issue.

Tyler was told by the staff they were putting their eggs in the Behren Morton basket. Tyler struggled against G5 Wyoming in week 1 of the 2023 season. Tyler also struggled against G5 (former D2) Tarleton State and was benched in the 3rd quarter due to lack of production and struggling to move the ball against a BAD team. Morton outshined Shough after he was benched and injured then the staff never looked back.

At the end of the day, Tyler has a good heart and a great work ethic, it just didn't work at Tech. OC Zach Kittley has worked with Mahomes and Bailey Zappe yet he just couldn't get Shough to understand his offense and how to properly read a defense. A simpler scheme that UL runs will likely help Shough (if Shough doesn't get hurt).

My source was Jeff Brohm (lunch at Checks); I believe that his attributing Tyler's injuries more to the risk that TT's offense subjected him, rather than your characterization of being "made of glass". I know Jeff, but I do not know you ......... I put my trust in Jeff's evaluation and the considerable due diligence that he performed before selecting Tyler to run our offense.

My source was Jeff Brohm (lunch at Checks); I believe that his attributing Tyler's injuries more to the risk that TT's offense subjected him, rather than your characterization of being "made of glass". I know Jeff, but I do not know you ......... I put my trust in Jeff's evaluation and the considerable due diligence that he performed before selecting Tyler to run our offense.
Yeah, you clearly do not know anything about an offense, much less scheme or football in general. 3 injuries on 3 not very intense hits, 2 of which while scrambling have nothing to do with Tech's offense. Tyler calling his own number after looking off 2+ open WR's is a choice Tyler made and it broke his collarbone twice. He broke his leg after looking off 2 open quick passes and holding onto the ball trying to hit the deep shot. I'd put my paycheck that he doesn't finish the season at UL.

Yeah, you clearly do not know anything about an offense, much less scheme or football in general. 3 injuries on 3 not very intense hits, 2 of which while scrambling have nothing to do with Tech's offense. Tyler calling his own number after looking off 2+ open WR's is a choice Tyler made and it broke his collarbone twice. He broke his leg after looking off 2 open quick passes and holding onto the ball trying to hit the deep shot. I'd put my paycheck that he doesn't finish the season at UL.
And you clearly have very low aptitude in "Reading 101"; as my knowledge (or lack thereof) on the offensive side of the football was not the premise of my response. As clearly stated, my confidence in Tyler is based entirely on Jeff Brohm's evaluation and his subsequent selection of Tyler to run his offense.

I see nothing about CactusOn TheBrazos in a google search, certainly absent of suggesting that you rise to a level of qualification that would match that of Jeff Brohm and his staff. I will add this one thought for you to think about .......... Jeff's career is directly affected by his evaluation of QBS, and Tyler's selection was not without considerable due diligence. Conversely, your contribution comes on a free Rivals site without any risk, and you have absolutely no credibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT