ADVERTISEMENT

Some Perspective

CARDOMYTE

6000+
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2003
Clearly the Satt haters are out for blood, but none the less…, a little perspective.

I went into it not expecting to win. I’ve posted several times I thought 7 was the ceiling, and 8 was a big stretch. 6 might be realistic. That’s still in play, so I’m not as devastated as others. We’re a year away IMO and nothing last night changed that for me.

Looking at it objectively;

1, we weren’t prepared/ready for their tempo.
2, Miss is better than expected; much improved on Def, and the LB transfer made a huge diff for them.
3, Malik is what he is. Their QB is much better than ours.

We got out coached and schemed in the 1st, but made solid adjustments at HT, and played better in the 2nd. The Def was gassed, and losing Monty was a major blow.

The spread look negated our strength and exposed our weaknesses. Is what it is.

As bad as we looked in the first, if Hall doesn’t drop that pitch, at minimum it’s a 1st and goal, and most likely a TD. That momentum killer was crucial. They prob don’t get a FG there, and we’re in a different spot.

Complain about the play calling all you want. Some was not good, but lot of that is on MC too. He struggles to see his 2/3 reads, and telegraphs everything he does. Reality is, when plays work, it’s the players, and when they don’t, it’s the coaches. That’s the fan mentality.

With the OL, I still think you have guys that aren’t playing to their strengths. At times, we look like we’re focused on pass blocking, then it turns into run block and they don’t adjust. Blame it on coaching if you want, but I think it’s more than that.

At QB, MC will prob win us some games TY, but to win 8-10 games, we need a better option and he’s not currently on the roster IMO. Prob need a transfer and higher level recruit.

Hate to admit it, but Ole Missy is prob the 2nd best team on our schedule.

Positives;
-Mitchell looked good at times.
-They didn’t quit
-punting was improved.
-thought Johnson looked good at WR, and Duncan played well
-Bobby is no longer here

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News